if we had to pick one spinner between Kuldeep Yadav and Yuzvendra Chahal

fineleg

57 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

dont think Kuldeep has any more weapons than Chahal. Both bowl leg breaks though both are not big turners and both have googlies. Just that kuldeep does it with his left hand.

Kuldeep has flippers and googlies which ofcourse he hasn’t bowled a lot, especially flipper which he learned from Hogg. Chahal too has variations and hence he is playing for India, Kuldeep seems to try too many things while Chahal keeps it simple and hence smarter bowler at this time.

Kuldeep still a brilliant option in test. 

59 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

dont think Kuldeep has any more weapons than Chahal. Both bowl leg breaks though both are not big turners and both have googlies. Just that kuldeep does it with his left hand.

Yes Kuldeep in test is a better option, though I don’t mind Kuldeep as second spinner in ODI’s, definitely better than Ashwin or Jadeja at this time for LOI’s. 

34 minutes ago, renjith said:

Kuldeep is a good bowler. But I don;t see any greatness. Brad hogg who is very much a similar bowler only played 7 test matches with an avg of 54.

I know a good player when I see one, and Yadav is the best spinner India have produced in the last 10 years. To add on to the greatness comments I mean modern day great. 

The Hogg comparison is poor, Yadav imparts more revs and gets more drift. 

Edited by Ellipsism
2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I don't see Kuldeep being very successful especially in tests, no Chinamen has been that successful and Kuldeep is not a big turner of the ball.

paul adams had a good career when one takes into account the fact that he was a spinner in a SA side where they mostly play containing roles. but it's true that apart from 1 example (kline), there hasn't been any chinaman bowler with avg < 25.

On 14/12/2017 at 11:45 AM, rkt.india said:

Brad Hogg was a far better bowler than Kuldeep even at the age of 42.

Hope you wouldn't be as dismissive of Kuldeep since he bowled really well today on a flat deck. On a side note, Brad hogg underachieved. He was pretty good.

On 14/12/2017 at 9:39 AM, rkt.india said:

Neither is Kuldeep a big turner of the ball nor he has anymore variations than what Chahal has.  It is just a perception just because he is a left arm leg spinner.

Kuldeep may not be a big Turner like Amit Mishra but he still imparts decent revs. His weakness from the start has been being very slow and pitching far too fuller because if he shortens the length being slower it's easy pickings for batsman..

Edited by Pollack