Navdeep Saini bowling with genuine pace now ( Fastest of 152.9 kph )

43 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

are u guys saying that Avesh Khan is no where, he was flown to africa to bowl in Nets, that shows he is in the race as well some where.

Avesh is in that list. Check again.

But, it had been decided by the selectors that most selections to Team India will be via our A-team.   That means Avesh is being considered as a prospect ( as he was flown to SA )  but not  "  near national team selection " as he is not in our A-teams yet. 

We got to see Saini's bowling again today in the Quadrangular A-team tournament final.

--  Bowled in great areas most of the time. Just 3 or 4 loose deliveries in 9 overs.

--  Bowled at a high pace.

--  Got a lot of bounce and carry from good length deliveries.

--  Got consistent inswing and seamed the ball both ways.

8.5 - 0 - 33 - 2  in the final match.

Very impressive  !

Edited by express bowling
31 minutes ago, Unleashed said:

Personally I think we need a left armer pace bowler more right now. We've enough depth in right armers as of now. Khaleel Ahmed has been decent for India A.

Bumrah and Bhuvi are the only 2 established pacers in our ODI team.  And even Bhuvi has a low wickets per match ratio in ODIs.

We can easily add 2 new pacers to our ODI squad ... along with Bumrah and Bhuvi ... and rotate them.

It is possible for us to include both Khaleel and Saini.

Although, watching just 9 overs does not give a full idea about the ODI skills of a bowler.  I don't know much about Saini's death bowling skills in ODIs.

15 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Bumrah and Bhuvi are the only 2 established pacers in our ODI team.  And even Bhuvi has a low wickets per match ratio in ODIs.

We can easily add 2 new pacers to our ODI squad ... along with Bumrah and Bhuvi ... and rotate them.

It is possible for us to include both Khaleel and Saini.

Although, watching just 9 overs does not give a full idea about the ODI skills of a bowler.  I don't know much about Saini's death bowling skills in ODIs.

Yeah, agreed. I was just saying that with the likes of Prasidh Krishna, Mavi, Nagarkoti, we've quite a few very good right arm pace bowlers, but apart from Khaleel, I can't remember any good left armer right now apart from Khejroliya who's just mediocre. It'll be good to have a variety of a left armer.

55 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Khaleel is not express yet but has good pace for his age.  Still only 21.  Express are Mavi and Nagarkoti.  Even Saini bowled some real pace today.  At times, ball was flying through to the keeper on a slowish pitch.

Not much talked about Mavi,s pace in the last game. He clocked nearly 60% of deliveries above 140+.  None of other had such high %. Highest I saw 143. So if we add 4-5 km ,he was bowling 145. Great for 20 year old prospect. Lambi Race ka Ghoda....  Him & Gill.

1 hour ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Not much talked about Mavi,s pace in the last game. He clocked nearly 60% of deliveries above 140+.  None of other had such high %. Highest I saw 143. So if we add 4-5 km ,he was bowling 145. Great for 20 year old prospect. Lambi Race ka Ghoda....  Him & Gill.

Actually mavi is 19 and koti is 18 and koti is quicker 

1 hour ago, prudent_kreeda said:

How tall is he? 

9 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Even Saini bowled some real pace today.  At times, ball was flying through to the keeper on a slowish pitch.

Atleast In 4 day games, and perhaps in the first 40 overs in ODIs ... Saini is perhaps one of the most accurate pacers among all the pacers in the India Senior and India-A teams. ( along with Bumrah and Bhuvi ).

I am surprised that he has not carried his Ranji Trophy form to the Unofficial tests in 2018 ... although he was very economical and maintained pressure from his end.

I hope he does really well in the upcoming Unofficial tests against Australia in a few days.

We can really benefit from an accurate genuine fast bowler like Saini, who gets both bounce snd movement.

9 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Atleast In 4 day games, and perhaps in the first 40 overs in ODIs ... Saini is perhaps one of the most accurate pacers among all the pacers in the India Senior and India-A teams. ( along with Bumrah and Bhuvi ).

I am surprised that he has not carried his Ranji Trophy form to the Unofficial tests in 2018 ... although he was very economical and maintained pressure from his end.

I hope he does really well in the upcoming Unofficial tests against Australia in a few days.

We can really benefit from a very accurate genuine fast bowler like Saini, who gets both bounce snd movement.

Saini can be very good in Aus. He may be only around 6 feet but he gets more bounce than many taller bowlers due to his high arm action.  Prasidh today barely got any bounce but he did.