Help with hindi

Muloghonto

8 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

You want this school boy rhyme as a tattoo? :blink:

Its an inspiring line to someone who has had a tendency to get 'overwhelmed' by stress. Tattoos are what you make of them. This one line has been an inspiration to me in my deepest, darkest days. (the first two lines atleast). 

I have other tattoos, but they are pictoral, this would be the first 'text' i'd get as a tattoo. I don't like the last line 'pyar me gum ka zahar Bhi pi le tu' but as soon as i can replace that line with something more meaningful, i think its the tattoo that i'd want to see on myself in future times and use it as an inspiration.

11 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Its an inspiring line to someone who has had a tendency to get 'overwhelmed' by stress. Tattoos are what you make of them. This one line has been an inspiration to me in my deepest, darkest days. (the first two lines atleast). 

I have other tattoos, but they are pictoral, this would be the first 'text' i'd get as a tattoo. I don't like the last line 'pyar me gum ka zahar Bhi pi le tu' but as soon as i can replace that line with something more meaningful, i think its the tattoo that i'd want to see on myself in future times and use it as an inspiration.

I'm not sure if you are serious or trolling. :confused:  For one, i didn't take you to be the kind who would be inspired by poetry.

Try reading Harivansh Rai Bachchan's "rukay na tu" for inspirational poetry. I've a feeling you'd like it.

5 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

I'm not sure if you are serious or trolling. :confused:  For one, i didn't take you to be the kind who would be inspired by poetry.

Try reading Harivansh Rai Bachchan's "rukay na tu" for inspirational poetry. I've a feeling you'd like it.

thank you. I used to write poetry and sometimes i still do. 
I guess i am more inspired by meaningful quotes, than poetry per se. Whether its prose, poetry or just a quote, it doesn't matter. 

PS: I did hindi in ICSE as 2nd language. harivansh rai Bachchan ate my head (sar-khya gya) with his poetry...its been....25+ years since i read him. Should give him another shot. :)

OP you are out of touch with Hindi (20 years you say), yet want a tattoo in Hindi :giggle:. Why don't you tattoo it in English, else you will open a thread here after a few years asking us nice folk to decipher what is written on your body !!!!

P.S. : J/K 

On 12/21/2017 at 6:06 AM, Muloghonto said:

Hey guys,its been well over 20 years since i actually tried to write Hindi and google is not being very helpful, so i was hoping, if one of you fluent Hindi speakers can write these following lines in Hindi for me : 

" Zindagi Zinda dili ka naam hai

Murda dil kya khaak jiya karte hain ?

Jeena hai to has ke jee lay tu

Pyaar mein gum ka zahar bhi pi le tu"

Since the lines are in urdu, I assume you want the hindi translation?

Jeevan sahhridyta ka suchak hai

mritya vekti jivan ka sambhog nahi karta hai

jeevit rahna hai to khilli ka mel lay tu

Prem mai dukh ka vish pan kar lay tu

Edited by New guy

2 hours ago, New guy said:

No, i wanted those words in Devanagari script. Shudh hindi is as far away from 'intoxicatingly good poetry meter' as Donald Trump is from a fitness gym. 

12 hours ago, New guy said:

Well that is difficult to understand