Rajneesh Gurbani

sarcastic

The Irani pitch is not a patta after all. All ROI wickets to the pacers. Either they bowled better or were more skilful than the ROI bowlers. India material or not, let us give them the credit they deserve guys. Some bowlers have the knack of taking wickets, which is another aspect of bowling, which again cannot be entirely taught and people who play the game know.

12 minutes ago, eternalhope said:

The Irani pitch is not a patta after all. All ROI wickets to the pacers. Either they bowled better or were more skilful than the ROI bowlers. India material or not, let us give them the credit they deserve guys. Some bowlers have the knack of taking wickets, which is another aspect of bowling, which again cannot be entirely taught and people who play the game know.

I wouldn't say that. Not all teams are capable of challenging a daunting total of 800 runs. Second of all Vidharba was playing as a team all season. ROI is collection of players. You won't see any understanding, no immediate gelling, no role assignment. It is hard for ROI to do well unless some individual steps up.

8 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I wouldn't say that. Not all teams are capable of challenging a daunting total of 800 runs. Second of all Vidharba was playing as a team all season. ROI is collection of players. You won't see any understanding, no immediate gelling, no role assignment. It is hard for ROI to do well unless some individual steps up.

I was referring to bowling performances in general. Did not watch yesterday’s match but watched the Ranji finals. He has the skills, height and a brisk run up. I am sure he will add pace too. I was very impressed with Saini in the Ranji finals and wanted him in the Test team right away, but this skill of taking wickets with good deliveries is an underrated skill. Gurbani has it. It is easy to distinguish the Vinay, dhawal types to these guys if u have the eye.

2 minutes ago, eternalhope said:

I was referring to bowling performances in general. Did not watch yesterday’s match but watched the Ranji finals. He has the skills, height and a brisk run up. I am sure he will add pace too. I was very impressed with Saini in the Ranji finals and wanted him in the Test team right away, but this skill of taking wickets with good deliveries is an underrated skill. Gurbani has it. It is easy to distinguish the Vinay, dhawal types to these guys if u have the eye.

Yea. i am curious to see more of him as well. That is why i was wondering which IPL team he is playing for. Sure T20 is not the best way to judge one. But IPL is the best way to get attention.

2 hours ago, prudent_kreeda said:

This is the what the bowler himself has to say 

""  I was not well yesterday so I was not able to bowl a lot. I was preparing overnight that I am able to bowl the first over today. I prefer the new ball but with this SG Test, the old ball swings a lot. 

''''

That's reverse swing, not conventional swing

On 12/30/2017 at 1:29 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

The way his ball comes back in, in a way he reminds me of asif

yes u r right..this guy has some serious IN Swinging Skills and cannot be IGNORED too much.

but he bowls too slow at present and so cannot play in INDIA test 11 or even in india odi 11 so at present NO ..he has to be at least in 131 to 136k speed range where as he is into 120 to 130 k range at present.

48 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

yes u r right..this guy has some serious IN Swinging Skills and cannot be IGNORED too much.

but he bowls too slow at present and so cannot play in INDIA test 11 or even in india odi 11 so at present NO ..he has to be at least in 131 to 136k speed range where as he is into 120 to 130 k range at present.

I think he earned himself a spot in INDIA A team...

Good replacement for S.Kaul

2 hours ago, Mosher said:

I am talking about tests overseas. Don't think Gurbani has the skills for LOI yet. Khaleel/Khejroliya/Thampi would be a better replacement for Unadkat. 

Agree Gurbani at this stage is more of a long format prospect at the moment. I rate khaleel and khejro. Not sold on Thampi yet. 

6 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Gurbani was bowling at 124,126k at max that I saw...dont think he can challenge intl class batsmen from Aus,Eng ,Sa,Nz at that pace even if he swings it miles

Yes. Sandeep sharma wsa doing the same. But due to lack of pace he never progressed. So we have to wait and watch.

11 hours ago, eternalhope said:

Agree Gurbani at this stage is more of a long format prospect at the moment. I rate khaleel and khejro. Not sold on Thampi yet. 

11 hours ago, wanted_desi said:

He can be successful in England if  taken, Parveen Kumar was bowling at similar speeds in 2012 and was best bowler for India in that tour. 

Totally agree....

He can be successful on certain pitches and can even win those matches single handedly.

He has the knack of picking wickets.

He should be hand-picked on certain pitches in certain countries