Need a counterattack from Hitman and Pandya

SK_IH

57 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Promote shami up the order. His few boundaries can rattle the Afrikaans.

Afrikaans is a language (Dutch derived) and very few Saffers (around 12%) are Afrikaners. I think in this team only Steyn, Morkel, Kock, Du Plessis and De Villiers are Afrikaners. Historically they have had very few Afrikaner players, only this generation has some representation. 

2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

There is no easy way out in tests in SA, you need to grind your way, be very gritty. Being tenacious and watchful may get us somewhere, fanciful counter attack will get us all out before 75 runs. 

this crowd barring a couple of exceptions lack either the balls/technique to grind.

3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

That was one hell of a knock albeit the SA attack then had 2 safety valves in Kallis and Tahir. This attack is relentless.

big vern and steyn were arguably in better form then, but the present attack is better mostly because of maharaj vs tahir (ind vs pak?)

Edited by Vijy
Just now, fineleg said:

I know that man! The "good" counter attack is what ABDV did.

But our guys will do the Rishabh Pant/Paul Valthaty method. Just watch.

look at all memorable innings played in SA azhar 96,mehmood 98,gilly 2002(not his 200),clarke 2011,stokes 2016 ,all aggressive innings , i think HITMAN will not slog or i hope he doesnt :nervous:

1 hour ago, Vijy said:

even so, it was a quality knock although not as good as clarke's (4th innings and chasing 200+ was not that trivial given that oz collapsed for 47).

ozzie collapsed in first innings. IN SA or in NZ, pitches most often get better to bat on in 4th innings. Remember Wanderers test n 2013, both teams scored below 300 in first innings and 3rd and fourth innings, both scored over 400 and SA reached very close to chasing 458. 

43 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

ozzie collapsed in first innings. IN SA or in NZ, pitches most often get better to bat on in 4th innings. Remember Wanderers test n 2013, both teams scored below 300 in first innings and 3rd and fourth innings, both scored over 400 and SA reached very close to chasing 458. 

ozzie only partly collapsed in 1st innings (not in 3rd) but made 284 thanks to clarke's 151. they made 47 in the 3rd innings. the pitch was not that easy even in 3rd innings. hence, amla's knock was top-notch although not as good as clarke's perhaps. more importantly, it lead to a great win.

Edited by Vijy