Mark my words - India will still win the series

6 hours ago, express bowling said:

Vinay Kumar never ran through international teams on Indian green tracks.  There is a huge difference between standard Ranji batters and international batters.

SA batters had huge problems with movement and bounce too.   Reduced to 12 for 3 when ball was moving in the first innings and dismissed for 130 on a seaming pitch in the 2nd innings.

Also, look at the seam movement and zip of the Kolkata 2016 test pitch against NZ, which we won

http://www.bcci.tv/videos/id/2693/india-vs-nz-2016-2nd-test-day-2-bhuvneshwar-kumars-533

Look at the zip and bounce on the Dharamsala 2017 test pitch in the video below .....  no less than bouncy SA and Australian tracks .

http://www.bcci.tv/videos/id/4553/bouncers-served-hot-courtesy-umesh-yadav-bhuvneshwar-kumar

3 such test match pitches .....  Kolkata 2016 against NZ, Dharamsala 2017 against Australia and   Kolkata 2017 against SL. ( not considering the SL test due to the Asian opposition not used to such a pitch  )

The part about Vinay kumar was said jokingly...the main point being a bouncy pitch , grassy pitch or even a flat pitch in India may come close to overseas conditions but doesn’t completely replicate it...it could be climate,Wind,humidity,altitude I don’t  Know the  scientific reason behind it but from what I have seen it just is.

We have lost on some pretty flat pitches in

England and Australia recently.

similarly England have lost in India on some flat pitches in their last tour.

As far as South Africa getting bundled

out for a low score it was good bowling by India and at the same time a pretty friendly bowling pitch.

Also you Forgot in the end dropped catches is what cost India, this is not a new problem,doesn’t depend on conditions,can’t blame on pactice(maybe you can but you get the point) 

Unless you think India will improve their catching dramatically in 2-3 days we have no shot realistically.

can I say for sure-no in cricket sometimes it takes one moment of genius or a mercurial performance to win games... did we see Pandya being our top scorer and almost scoring a 100 where big names have failed? 

But realistically there is nothing that points to an Indian victory. 

16 minutes ago, Prince_ said:

Lol. I've to say that some of the indian fans r really really optimistic. Optimism is fine but one needs to keep in mind that there's a fine line between optimism and delusion. 

Sadly In this case op is just deluding himself by thinking that India still has a chance to win this series. :laugh:  

Come on man, get out of ur lala land cone back to the real world. How on earth a team that got bowled out for 200 in the first innings and 100 in the second innings could even think about winning the series. Indian fans  should feel lucky if their team can somehow manage to avoid a complete whitewash against the saffers. :finger:

the audacity... only possible by a Bangla fan :D

1 minute ago, Prince_ said:

Looks like u r a bit upset. Yes, I can understand ur feeling. The way Indian team got outplayed in the first test, as a fan u should feel sad and miserable. :frown:

But sadly, I don't have good news for u either. Because, on the upcoming tests India is likely to get destroyed in similar fashion. That's how it's always been. Do u know how many tests India has won on southafrica in its entire cricket history? :angel:

How did Bangla fared in SA. You guys got the flattest of decks yet manage to lose all games including all T20s and ODIs. Your best player Shakib chickened out of the entire series.

India just lost 1 game and you are trolling here? I mean how shameless you guys are yaar? :facepalm:

8 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

How did Bangla fared in SA. You guys got the flattest of decks yet manage to lose all games including all T20s and ODIs. Your best player Shakib chickened out of the entire series.

India just lost 1 game and you are trolling here? I mean how shameless you guys are yaar? :facepalm:

Seriously, he is the most shameless bangla troll ever. His team got whitewashed by margin of 300+ runs OR innings defeat in every game , that too on flat SAF pitches. Even then, he has the audacity to come here and post rubbish.

Ek to chori, upar se sinaa zori.   :phehe:

Not all bangla posters are like that though.  

18 minutes ago, Prince_ said:

Looks like u r a bit upset. Yes, I can understand ur feeling. The way Indian team got outplayed in the first test, as a fan u should feel sad and miserable. :frown:

But sadly, I don't have good news for u either. Because, in the upcoming tests India is likely to get destroyed in similar fashion. That's how it's always been. Do u know how many tests India has won in southafrica in its entire cricket history? :angel:

wtf hahaha.. it taunts 

a Bangla fan... :phehe:

run and hide like your hero sakib did before the saffer series....

Lets not forget that this south african team is the mother of all chokers in the world, but somehow i always feel there is some sort of a mental block when we play south africa on their turf, their media, their commentators tend to evince a confidence like they already have the series in their back pocket, i have never seen a morne morkel or a philander roar against the likes of steven smith, K P, or even a seemingly sedate kane williamson. The only way we can win the series from here on is if we stop playing pussy cricket, we are just one hard hitting knock or a wash away spell away from turning the tide in our favour. We have to get into their heads, shift the momentum in our favour and put the pressure back in the south african camp, and beleive you me, they will crumble like a house of cards. 

Edited by Sean Bradley
Just now, Sean Bradley said:

Lets not forget that this south african team is the mother of all chokers in the world, but somehow i always feel there is some sort of a mental block when we play south africa on their turf, their media, their commentators tend to evince a confidence like they already have the series in their back pocket, i have never seen a morne morkel or a philander roar against the likes of steven smith, K P, or even a seemingly sedate kane williamson. The only way we can win the series from here on is if we stop playing pussy cricket, we are just one hard hitting kock or a wash away spell away from turning the tide in our favour. We have to get into their heads and shift the momentum in our favour and put the pressure back in the south african camp, and beleive you me, they will crumble like a house of cards. 

They don’t choke in tests and bilaterals...usually they are pretty ruthless.

only ICC tournaments.

6 hours ago, maniac said:

The part about Vinay kumar was said jokingly...the main point being a bouncy pitch , grassy pitch or even a flat pitch in India may come close to overseas conditions but doesn’t completely replicate it...it could be climate,Wind,humidity,altitude I don’t  Know the  scientific reason behind it but from what I have seen it just is.

We have lost on some pretty flat pitches in

England and Australia recently.

similarly England have lost in India on some flat pitches in their last tour.

As far as South Africa getting bundled

out for a low score it was good bowling by India and at the same time a pretty friendly bowling pitch.

Also you Forgot in the end dropped catches is what cost India, this is not a new problem,doesn’t depend on conditions,can’t blame on pactice(maybe you can but you get the point) 

Unless you think India will improve their catching dramatically in 2-3 days we have no shot realistically.

can I say for sure-no in cricket sometimes it takes one moment of genius or a mercurial performance to win games... did we see Pandya being our top scorer and almost scoring a 100 where big names have failed? 

But realistically there is nothing that points to an Indian victory. 

I genuinely feel more optimistic than you.

Just one good partnership among our top 5 batters, in either of the 2 innings, could have yielded a completely different result.

Our batters will be more acclimatized to the conditions in the 2nd test. 

Let's see what happens.

Edited by express bowling
4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I genuinely feel more optimistic than you.

One good partnership among our top 5 batters, in either of the 2 innings, could have yielded a completely different result.

Our batters will be more acclimatized to the conditions in the 2nd test. 

Let's see what happens.

Batting and bowling there wasn’t a huge gulf as we thought but look at how AB was catching everything in the slips.

South Africans even convert half chances where we drop straight forward chances...not a hypothetical scenario but just what we have been seeing....good to feel optimistic and trust me I want India to win as well obviously...despite not believing in the team I was cheering for every run from even Dhawan,Ashwin and Pandya-3 guys I didn’t want in the starting line up before the first test.

However just being realistic....our bowlers need to create a lot more chances to compensate for the fielding and batsman be that much more cautious where as 1 life for AB or Amla and they can hurt us...sure same can be said for our main batsmen,but what is more likely.

anyways let us hope for the best.

19 hours ago, Prince_ said:

Oh, did my post hurt ur feeling. Ahhh, I m truly sorry. I should've taken the mental condition of u guys under consideration and posted accordingly. Pls dont take it to heart my friend. :frown:

I know, you like many other Indian fans still haven't managed to recover from the trauma of the first test. But don't u worry my dear, give it a couple of days more and hopefully by the grace of the almighty u'll recover from it.  :amen:   

BTW, the hammering that saffers gave to India in the first test wasn't surprising to most of the neutral fans. To be honest, Most of us knew this would happen. We all know how India actually have managed to achieve that rank 1 tag. It's nothing but the outcome of playing a plethora of home tests  against rubbish oppositions. :nod:

Going by your posts , it is obvious that you are yet to recover from the aftermath of the 300 + run defeats and innings defeats that your GOAT team achieved in SAF test series.  And to top that all,  you must hv felt orgasmic when those 5 consecutive towering sixes by David Miller in the 3rd T20 landed at your bedroom while you were asleep.    :drool:

All i want to say to all the Tamasha Cricket masters that, in test you freaking respect the bloody bowler for first 20 overs even if it is Umesh Kumar, Md Sami. So typically it is 20-60. On a difficult track though, the game is nicely poised at 40-40, means you play out 40 overs of a new ball and rule the remaining 40 overs to make it even. 

Average test wicket,

20 overs - 30 runs

60 overs - 240 runs

On tough wicket,

40 overs - 100 runs

40 overs - 140 runs

These master minds think that they can score @5 right after first 5 overs. Gabbar was playing as if he left his honeymoon for this innings and wanted to finish asap so that he could resume on his honeymoon. Same applies to Mr. Captain. They took this test cricket, that too in SA, as a joke.

Oh gosh, how badly I miss, SG, RD and VVS. There is no reward for being RD. The real reward is to be a utility player in IPL. 

Edited by dial_100
On 11/01/2018 at 12:24 AM, Sean Bradley said:

They weren't very ruthless when Australians toured them last, were they? if you play pussy cricket they will be all over you, but heres the time to meet fire with fire, else the result is inevitable.

Australia were simply the better team then because Johnson was pretty much unplayable.Thats nothing to do with chocking.