Controversial but are captains from the North usually a little biased?

maniac

11 hours ago, maniac said:

Seen India Map?....West Bengal is not North

Bihar usually  can fit in both North and East.depending on how you want to look at it.Jarkhand May be little towards east though

Anyways we are not arguing about geography of India.

10 hours ago, abc said:

i think he is conflating Hindi belt with North zone. Edit: But if you change North Zone to Hindi-speaking, then it kind of makes sense. I mean Hindi-speaking people are the only ones who think their language is a "national language" .

@maniac 

4 hours ago, Khota said:

This is the dumbest thread on this forum in a long time. There are biases but to say that North captains are thw worst is over the top. I remember the day when every "kar" was in the team because of Mumbai lobby. I also remeber the day when Azharu kept Sidhu out of the team without informing him. I have seen bias all around. I also remeber how shamelessly Dravid pushed that sheet show Binny in the team. 

So kindly dont generalize.

The most fair was Saurav Ganguly. I have yet to see anyone as fair as him.

Only remedy is three format three captains two coaches.

Replace binny with nair....in ipl.:wp14:

14 minutes ago, maniac said:

Yeah wearing a Lungi and singing whistle podu is great cultural awareness lol...impressive!!!

No ...but he calls chennai his second home and is chennai's favourite son .

It is not like he is just playing for any team. He loves that team and all that comes with it including the money of course. But you cannot argue that he is not chennai's son . He identifies with that team just like Raina....another northie.

He is not like bk in sunrisers. Bk would be equally comfortable anywhere else and sunrisers would be  equally comfortable with any other good bowler. There is no special regional team bond there.

8 hours ago, maniac said:

Also the fact is I am not accusing these “Northie captains” as “regionalist”....they have a very myopic vision...I mean they might get along with South Indians from big cities but it is not like they will make  some talent say from rural Assam or Orissa fit in. 

That would hold good for all captains. A dravid or kumble would have found it difficult to get along with some one from rural assam  or orissa to fit in .

Ipl has changed that to an extent .

The captains before ipl did not have that advantage .

The under 19 or A teams are far more representative of  India than they did before. Dravid has to deal with that as a coach now but he probably did not have to deal with that as a captain.

Kohli is a special case of such strong bias in post ipl era. That speaks really poorly of him .His bias towards Dhawan is his regional yaarana. The friend he can sing punjabi songs with.

Rohit is a commercial interest .

Both make him look really bad.

Edited by beetle
3 minutes ago, beetle said:

No ...but he calls chennai his second home and is chennai's favourite son .

It is not like he is just playing for any team. He loves that team and all that comes with it including the money of course. But you cannot argue that he is not chennai's son . He identifies with that team just like Raina....another northie.

He is not like bk in sunrisers. Bk would be equally comfortable anywhere else and sunrisers would be  equally comfortable with any other good bowler. There is no special regional team bond there.

Maybe he has evolved with time, I don’t know,as I said this is not one of those topics that you can have stats and numbers to present facts

and start proving stuff whichever side you are on...This is purely my perspective and opinion I have formed....you are free to prove otherwise.

I don’t think Dhoni has learnt a single word

of Tamil and not that he needs to but only if the theory is if he was in so much head over heels in love with Chennai...its all PR and money making stuff.

Anyway I do think either ways Dhoni surrenders himself with his mates.

Just now, Pollack said:

Says someone who accused me of hating Southies because I said I don't like south movies. Chor ki dadhi me tinka. :p:

Yeah that is because of the extensive knowledge of 6th standard geography you displayed but let us not revisit that.