India u19 Pacers: Kamlesh Nagarkoti, Shivam Mavi, Ishan Porel

PBN

5 minutes ago, Texan said:

Great. Then you have found your next Starc. Then you must be saying that he is the fastest bowler in the World today. Correct? Get him in the Indian team right away. I don't think he is Starc level fast yet. He is a good potential though, so no reason to get so sensitive about "No he is the fastest bowler in the World today".

I have said nothing of the sort. Its you who just cant stand an Indian bowler bowling express. You said the speed gun is wrong, in which case the bowling speed of pakistani bowlers should correspond to that. But Pakistani bowlers are bowling slower. 

I have only proved you wrong by logic. If you can explain that, I will accept nagarkotti's pace was wrong. please prove your point logically! if not, then bugger off!

15 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

I have said nothing of the sort. Its you who just cant stand an Indian bowler bowling express. You said the speed gun is wrong, in which case the bowling speed of pakistani bowlers should correspond to that. But Pakistani bowlers are bowling slower. 

I have only proved you wrong by logic. If you can explain that, I will accept nagarkotti's pace was wrong. please prove your point logically! if not, then bugger off!

This has been the routine business to downplay the performance of Indian pacers..nothing new..

43 minutes ago, Texan said:

It also varies from broadcaster to broadcaster. 149 is Mitchell Starc level fast. Are you saying that Nagarkotti is as fast as Starc? It didn't appear to me like he was that fast though he could be 140 level.

No. It doesn't vary much. Starc clocks 150 everywhere in every continent he had played. Same with Cummins and Rabada. They hit same Pace every where but Indian bowlers it suddenly varies from broadcaster to broadcaster. Why doesn't speeds of Starc, Cummins, Rabada vary broadcaster to broadcaster. Why didn't it vary for Aussie Pacers today Indian bowled 149 so it suddenly varied.

1 minute ago, chapetmarunga said:

i just cant believe that oz bowlers were bowling @ 125-135 kph while naga & mavi were bowling effortlessly > 140kph with no grunting ( like unadkat)

We have seen them doing that since Asia cup 2016 now. I saw Nagarkoti again SL in final and i knew this guy was quick even without speed guns. Mavi came in the scheme later when England toured India.

34 minutes ago, Texan said:

I haven't watched them bowl, but they could well be bowling much slower. These are Under-19s. Aussie bowlers generally pick up pace when they get to 23-25. In India, the reverse culture exists. Bowlers get slower as they play Ranjis.

Cummins bowled 150 at 17. Brett Lee clocking 148 at 18, hazelwood clocked 144 at 19. Billy stanlake clocked 150 at 21, Jhye Richardson clocking 147 at 21, Starc himself was clocking 144 at 21 in 2010. So, Aussie pacers too clock quick at young age. 

50 minutes ago, Texan said:

I haven't watched them bowl, but they could well be bowling much slower. These are Under-19s. Aussie bowlers generally pick up pace when they get to 23-25. In India, the reverse culture exists. Bowlers get slower as they play Ranjis.

Australians have generally bowled quicker than Indians at the U19 stage. That has been the case till 4 years back. 

They have also reached full pace at an earlier age than Indians, like Cummins bowling 140 k to 150 k at a very young age.

This is the first time I am seeing Indians bowling at this pace as a group in the U19 stage.

Also, we are seeing many Ranji pacers picking up speed these days as they play more ... like Saini, Sangwan, Shardul, Aniket C etc.

Edited by express bowling
24 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

No. It doesn't vary much. Starc clocks 150 everywhere in every continent he had played. Same with Cummins and Rabada. They hit same Pace every where but Indian bowlers it suddenly varies from broadcaster to broadcaster. Why doesn't speeds of Starc, Cummins, Rabada vary broadcaster to broadcaster. Why didn't it vary for Aussie Pacers today Indian bowled 149 so it suddenly varied.

Even Praveen Kumar was clocked at 140k in IPL. He is not in any way capable to clocking those speeds. So we know that there is a variance. 

Just now, Texan said:

Lol at all the speed gun analysts and obsession with speed gun readings. I don't think you guys watch cricket to see a contest between bat and ball. Only obsession is to see speed gun digits. 

Even though I agree....atleast at a u-19 level skills can be thought but pace is 9 out of 10 times embedded...at a senior level your argument is perfect but at a junior level if someone has the pace it is exciting as skills is something you keep adding as you grow.

2 minutes ago, Texan said:

Even Praveen Kumar was clocked at 140k in IPL. He is not in any way capable to clocking those speeds. So we know that there is a variance. 

All bowlers bowl slightly quicker in t20 once in a while. Even Vinay clocked 140. But those are one off stuff. It's  not like PK clocked 140 every time in IPL, no, just  one off. But difference is clocking 90 mph consistently and not one off balls. Nagarkoti's average pace was 144 today excluding slower balls. Was hitting 88-90 mph in England as well last year. So, it is not one off.