Dinesh Karthik to replace injured Wriddhiman Saha for third and final Test against South Africa

3 minutes ago, beetle said:

Ego .

How can a newbie be sent when chief selector publicly said , none of the youndters is ready to replace the msd.:no:

But Karthik is not as newbie. He has represented us in early 2000 hasn't he. He and Pappu are the most capped keepers iirc. Uthappa maybe third most represented keeper ?

Edited by Straight Drive

Nice to see us unearthing new talents and giving them opportunities with every series . This has been so refreshing to see , look at just wicket keeping alone . Young Saha as main stay for next 10 years  , little parthiv and exciting talent DK as backups . I agree with KT , we are going to dominate cricket ..just have to persist with these , along with the likes of Rohit , Dhawan , Ishant etc am sure it will eventually payoff 

5 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

But Karthik is not as newbie. He has represented us in early 2000 hasn't he. He and Pappu are the most capped keepers iirc. Uthappa maybe third most represented keeper ?

I meant , ego won't allow them to get someone new and they will keep recycling dk and pp .

2 minutes ago, beetle said:

I meant , ego won't allow them to get someone new and they will keep recycling dk and pp .

Oh yes, that statement by Prasad. But there was some truth in it. I don't see any one better than Saha as well. Saha was the best one we could choose and they did pick him as first choice. There was so much movement and still he did not mess any opportunities. I am not sure with others. Whenever i have seen them in IPL the ball goes between their legs for 4, they miss edges against spinners etc. 

Only NZ are blessed with two decent keepers. Watling and Latham. They have been good against pace. TOm Blundell who was their third preferred keeper looks okay as well.

6 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Oh yes, that statement by Prasad. But there was some truth in it. I don't see any one better than Saha as well. Saha was the best one we could choose and they did pick him as first choice. There was so much movement and still he did not mess any opportunities. I am not sure with others. Whenever i have seen them in IPL the ball goes between their legs for 4, they miss edges against spinners etc. 

Only NZ are blessed with two decent keepers. Watling and Latham. They have been good against pace. TOm Blundell who was their third preferred keeper looks okay as well.

Of course saha is best. That is why he is number one. But the newbies( in case of replacement ) can't be worse than pp and dk who is no longer a full time keeper for his state team .

Edited by beetle
8 minutes ago, beetle said:

Of course saha is best. That is why he is number one. But the newbies( in case of replacement ) can't be worse than pp and dk who is no longer a full time keeper for his state team .

Didn't get to follow Ranji much this year. Not sure who are full time keepers now. Rishabh Pant fromt the long term prospects. Anyone else.

18 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Didn't get to follow Ranji much this year. Not sure who are full time keepers now. Rishabh Pant fromt the long term prospects. Anyone else.

I think ishaan keeps well for jharkhand.

Don't know much about the rest.

Rkt can give more info.

Why are we becoming conspiracy theorists, that is reserved for neighbours.

Saha was injured and Kohli was forced to used Pappu who is useless so DK another useless fellow is being flown in. Would have liked to see a young keeper instead but Saha's injury is not fake..

Edited by putrevus