Navdeep Saini and Shardul Thakur will join the Indian team as net bowlers in Johannesburg ahead of the third test

1 hour ago, joe777z said:

From what I have seen, saini is a good prospect for future. But what’s your opinion about shardul, he looks pint sized like bilawal batti of pak, both good pace but could he extract bounce ?

Among uncapped pacers, there are better prospects than Shardul  ....  quicker and / or taller bowlers who have wicket-taking ability too.

Edited by express bowling
43 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

A little bit of knowledge on psychology and human behaviour will help. Btw, because series is lost, it doesnt mean we go ahead commit harakiri! 

You kick out players for no fault, you will shake the team. I think its very hard for you to understand.

So if we don't give a new player a chance in a dead rubber then when?

Who is kicking out player anyway? Its called increasing your bench strength. We gave Bumrah a debut in a dead rubber in Australia when he was not even originally picked in that squad. There, We were 4-0 down, here 2-0. 

You are just taking things to another level by bringing human psychology and all. Psychology is a subject of great interest for me and i do study it time to time as a writer who likes to play with psychological elements in his stories.

20 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

So if we don't give a new player a chance in a dead rubber then when?

Who is kicking out player anyway? Its called increasing your bench strength. We gave Bumrah a debut in a dead rubber in Australia when he was not even originally picked in that squad. There, We were 4-0 down, here 2-0. 

You are just taking things to another level by bringing human psychology and all. Psychology is a subject of great interest for me and i do study it time to time as a writer who likes to play with psychological elements in his stories.

Your logic is the bowlers should have performed better, hence they should be kicked out. When clearly the batsmen havent done the job. Your premise is flawed.

3 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Your logic is the bowlers should have performed better, hence they should be kicked out. When clearly the batsmen havent done the job. Your premise is flawed.

Both haven't done great. These are bowling conditions, not batting. If batsmen had failed on a good batting pitch then I would blame them. Moreover, I never used word kicked out. I said they should play Saini resting one of the seamers. Shami didn't look in full rhythm in both tests. Bumrah too can be rested for LOIs.

3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Both haven't done great. These are bowling conditions, not batting. If batsmen had failed on a good batting pitch then I would blame them. Moreover, I never used word kicked out. I said they should play Saini resting one of the seamers. Shami didn't look in full rhythm in both tests. Bumrah too can be rested for LOIs.

Your reaction in general communication is called 'knee jerk reaction'! When the team has lost because of not scoring runs, your logic is to get better bowlers so that they start bowling like Mcgrath and Wasim Akram in the first tour, but let's not talk about batting because hey, these are bowling conditions, not batting!

6 hours ago, kira said:

We also already have 2-3 phateechar trolls from padosiland on this forum, don't see why we need another phateechar like you here

i wish there was a dislike button.. thats not how you treat other posters irrespective of their nationality. The discussions can be civil and biting at the same time if there are views from the "other" side. 

6 hours ago, rkt.india said:

it is not about drop. it is a long tour and Shami can be rested. We have some more tours coming up. we need to know who will be our top 3 bowlers going ahead.  

This is a 3 match test series only. We are already 0-2 behind. Hence imo we would need to salvage whatever pride we can by trying to win or draw the final test. For that we would need to field our best pace attack. Whatever experiments or talent development we have to do should not happen in the live match. The situation does not allows us .  As  a nets bowler he is fine. I feel, they are probably thinking of giving him a debut in England and they are trying to let him settle in the team by playing him as nets bowler on this tour and get whatever coaching and experience he can by being around the playing 11. Likely that he may be considered in playing 11 for England or as squad member for England. here he is just a nets bowler, not a squad player. He won't get a match imo and i wouldn't mind if he has to wait for next tour.

1 hour ago, kruiser said:

i wish there was a dislike button.. thats not how you treat other posters irrespective of their nationality. The discussions can be civil and biting at the same time if there are views from the "other" side. 

guess you are new to ICF, have you read through some of pearls of wisdom from padosi trolls. hang around lets see if your opinion stays the same about them in 3 months.

6 minutes ago, Vilander said:

guess you are new to ICF, have you read through some of pearls of wisdom from padosi trolls. hang around lets see if your opinion stays the same about them in 3 months.

been here long enough.. 4+ years now. Yes, some of them are atrocious and post craq.. i was just saying to not generalize. The post on which this comment was made was innocuous and didn't deserve a snotty response. It is rare when we get good content from the other side, so lets not stifle it!:smiley:

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

Your reaction in general communication is called 'knee jerk reaction'! When the team has lost because of not scoring runs, your logic is to get better bowlers so that they start bowling like Mcgrath and Wasim Akram in the first tour, but let's not talk about batting because hey, these are bowling conditions, not batting!

how giving some one debut is a knee jerk reaction.  Maybe it seems to you but not me as I wanted Navdeep Saini in the squad from the outset. Regarding batsmen, we do not have a replacement at this point. This is the problem of not creating enough bench strength.    

Just now, rkt.india said:

how giving some one debut is a knee jerk reaction.  Maybe it seems to you but not me as I wanted Navdeep Saini in the squad from the outset. Regarding batsmen, we do not have a replacement at this point. This is the problem of not creating enough bench strength.    

dude but bowling seemed to have worked. they did not run through the SA side often but they did set up both the games. batting utterly failed.

45 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

This is a 3 match test series only. We are already 0-2 behind. Hence imo we would need to salvage whatever pride we can by trying to win or draw the final test. For that we would need to field our best pace attack. Whatever experiments or talent development we have to do should not happen in the live match. The situation does not allows us .  As  a nets bowler he is fine. I feel, they are probably thinking of giving him a debut in England and they are trying to let him settle in the team by playing him as nets bowler on this tour and get whatever coaching and experience he can by being around the playing 11. Likely that he may be considered in playing 11 for England or as squad member for England. here he is just a nets bowler, not a squad player. He won't get a match imo and i wouldn't mind if he has to wait for next tour.

i sense he might play next test. Shardul is in the ODI team already. 

1 minute ago, Vilander said:

dude but bowling seemed to have worked. they did not run through the SA side often but they did set up both the games. batting utterly failed.

i did not say bowling was bad. It was good in patches.  First test we lost because we let them score 286 after 12/3 in bowling friendly conditions.

8 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Because it is not just about giving someone a chance. You are bringing in a bowler from outside, to replace someone who has not performed badly. On top of that, you are bringing in a bowler who has never played international cricket. This is not just knee jerk reaction, this is the most insane thing that can happen to any team. Forget cricketing logic, this defies any kind of logic!

Because it is not just about giving someone a chance. You are bringing in a bowler from outside, to replace someone who has not performed badly. On top of that, you are bringing in a bowler who has never played international cricket. This is not just knee jerk reaction, this is the most insane thing that can happen to any team. Forget cricketing logic, this defies any kind of logic!
Bowlers are always made scape Goat in India.Look at Yadav had good bowling performances on dustbowls versus England and aus where 10-12 Catches were dropped of his bowling and He does not get a chance in Bowling friendly conditions in SA.Even Ishant Bowled well last test.You don't build bowling attacks by consistently changing bowlers.
42 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

i sense he might play next test. Shardul is in the ODI team already. 

I doubt he will be in playing 11. Lets see.  Think his inclusion out of the squad is just to let him get some feel of international setup, reviewing him as a bowler until this tests finishes. Maybe then on basis of review in nets, he can be picked against an injury for shorter formats on this tour or the future England tour.

52 minutes ago, CG said:
1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

Bowlers are always made scape Goat in India.Look at Yadav had good bowling performances on dustbowls versus England and aus where 10-12 Catches were dropped of his bowling and He does not get a chance in Bowling friendly conditions in SA.Even Ishant Bowled well last test.You don't build bowling attacks by consistently changing bowlers.

Why is Yadav not playing in SA? because he performed badly after that. Ishant was lower in pecking order, did well in the last series and played ahead of him.  He was the worst fast bowler from both sides in the test series at home.  Even on a good track at Eden, he sprayed the ball around.  How is captain supposed to play such a bowler who cannot land the balls at good length consistently. You cannot afford a relief bowler overseas where your spinners dont come in to play much.  Why we struggle in tests with the ball overseas because we are not able to maintain pressure from both ends. One bowler does well, the leaks. This has been a pattern with Indian bowlers.  Our bowling performance in these two tests has been somewhat respectable but we were still not able to build that pressure from both ends on a consistent basis.   

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

The batsmen themselves have to seek a county contract even though it is for half of the county season (either first or second half). That is only way to bat in an environment where one will face 80% of overs bowled at good pace in conditions and wickets which will help seam and swing movement. Also the interruption of rain during course of matches will ensure the batsman will get strugglign conditions during his stay at the crease. Gauti (Essex), Yuvi (Yorkshire), Sehwag (Leicestershire ), Saurav (Lancashire , Glamorgan), Sachin (Yorkshire), Dinesh Mongia (Leicestershire),Dravid (Kent), Chet (Derbyshire, Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire)  are few batters who played county.  That will help the batters more than nets sessions with Ravi Shastri and team.

The management has to send those players who struggle on overseas tours in bowler friendly conditions. 

Both the players as well as management have to take steps in this regards.