Shastri - another ten days of practice here would have made a difference. Kohli contradicts him

7 hours ago, jalebi_bhai said:

This is how prepared our batsmen were:

Top 10 run scorers this series

Top run scorers RSA tour.PNG 

Two Indian batsmen have aggregated in triple digits, and Pandya scored 93 of those in one innings. Three fifties and one century for India as opposed to eight fifties for RSA.

I like the fact that Kohli isn't making excuses, but he needs to stop deluding himself here.

SA batsmen didn't face their own bowlers. They are always going to be better against pace ours. So this comparison is meaningless.

On 23/01/2018 at 10:37 PM, putrevus said:

"I personally don't feel that we didn't feel prepared starting this series. I won't sit here and point that out after losing a Test series. We had a week to prepare ourselves, five days because one day we were travelling," Kohli said ahead of the third Test starting tomorrow.

"So we had that and we went ahead with that. As I said, we are not going to sit and think of outside factors that made us lose. It was our errors, our mistakes of not capitalising on situations that led us to the result being 2-0 so far,"

Brilliant from Kohli about not giving any excuse for failures.This is the reason why this guy is the best captain India ever had.

Man, he is giving excuse saying no excuse. :laugh:

12 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Everyone likes to push all the blame on Shastri because kohli is their hero. But turns out Shastri was the more sensible of the two. 

What? Just because he says could have should have does not mean anything! If he thought coming to SA early would be beneficial, why didn't he force the issue? BCCI says Indian think tanks basically ignored their suggestion of going early!!

1 minute ago, dandaroy said:

What? Just because he says could have should have does not mean anything! If he thought coming to SA early would be beneficial, why didn't he force the issue? BCCI says Indian think tanks basically ignored their suggestion of going early!!

The answer is right in what kohli said. He still didn't feel they weren't prepared well. So maybe there is truth to what BCCI and shastri said. Kohli was being overconfident and stupid. As to why BCCI and Shastri didn't force the issue you should read Guha article on the clout of kohli atm. Kohli will get what he wants. If someone contradicts he will meet the fate of Kumble.

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

SA batsmen didn't face their own bowlers. They are always going to be better against pace ours. So this comparison is meaningless.

Our pace bowlers bowled way better than saffers, they had to deal with pathetic catching

6 minutes ago, kira said:

Ah your baambai love is overflowing, close the tap :laugh:

Nope. Read my posts on Shastri. Kohli fans try to pin all the blame on Shastri alone. Kohli is being arrogant, over confident and stupid while Shastri is being what he has been appointed for: a cheerleader. 

7 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Nope. Read my posts on Shastri. Kohli fans try to pin all the blame on Shastri alone. Kohli is being arrogant, over confident and stupid while Shastri is being what he has been appointed for: a cheerleader. 

Not to mention his ego is so big that he refuses to accept the mistake.

1 hour ago, Pollack said:

The answer is right in what kohli said. He still didn't feel they weren't prepared well. So maybe there is truth to what BCCI and shastri said. Kohli was being overconfident and stupid. As to why BCCI and Shastri didn't force the issue you should read Guha article on the clout of kohli atm. Kohli will get what he wants. If someone contradicts he will meet the fate of Kumble.

That is the big worrying part. If he acts like a Don instead of a proper captain, I guess Indian cricket is doomed. It is possible that Shastri told Kohli to go to SA ahead of time, but the phucker just blew him off citing he had to get married. And the yes man he is, he kept his mouth shut. However, if Shastri had any ounce of self pride and dignity, he would have told Kohli either you take my inputs or I resign. I am not going to be your yes man, your butt boy!! :wall:

Edited by dandaroy
31 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

He used the practice matches time that bcci offered to get married and honeymoon. Still he's the top scorer. But he should realize the team isn't that strong.

He is the captain. He should not only be leading by example, but also put the team ahead of himself. Just because he did not need match practice, does not mean others did not. Everyone is not at the same talent level, he should have the common sense to know that. Unless his arrogance is so out there, it clouds his basic judgment. And btw, even he needed match practice, he did ghanta in the first test!! 

1 minute ago, dandaroy said:

He is the captain. He should not only be leading by example, but also put the team ahead of himself. Just because he did not need match practice, does not mean others did not. Everyone is not at the same talent level, he should have the common sense to know that. Unless his arrogance is so out there, it clouds his basic judgment. And btw, even he needed match practice, he did ghanta in the first test!! 

Had he got married before the England series..then we would have seen how prepared he was....:p:

1 hour ago, Nikhil_cric said:

We need someone like hesson/Tom moody as our coach. What exactly are shastri coaching credentials?

Problem is Kohli wants a yes man, not a coach. Which is exactly what Shastri is. Do you think a good strong willed coach who wants his inputs accepted take the Indian coaching job now?

Edited by dandaroy
13 minutes ago, beetle said:

Had he got married before the England series..then we would have seen how prepared he was....:p:

Maybe that is the silver lining in all this after all. Phucker knows that he struggled mightily in England last time. That is why he did not want to schedule the marriage before the England tour. And that might be the same reason which will compel him to take the whole team to England well ahead of time to get match ready!! :giggle:

Edited by dandaroy
1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

Eerily reminds me of a  recent padma bhushan winner 

Not at all a fan of Dhoni’s captaincy. While his test captaincy sucked especially after the WC 2011 and he always came up with excuses, I don’t think it was resulting out of arrogance. I think he was more receptive of other opinions than Kohli is. So while both have excuses galore, Kohli refuses to accept his mistakes because his arrogance is preventing him from doing so ala Trump. 

Edited by dandaroy