Indian Test openers for ENG tour ?

fineleg

I raised a point in the match thread just now.

Karthik is an option since he has done well as an opener in our series win in England.

Shaw can be tried as ts a big 5 match series but we need to look past our openers     from current series and try to accomodate Karthik if that is what can help our team get good starte.

Of course a lot of other things matter if Saha is fit or not and that Karthik then plays as a keeper but I am ready to even play Karthik just as a batsman over Vijay or Dhawan as an opener. He should travel as a reserved keeper if Pant doesn’t go and then I would play him as an opener over Vijay or anyone whonis failing regularly.

We need to do whatever we can to win. If Karthik can give us solid starts then I will play him over any guy with big reputation but no runs.

You can hat Karthik for ODI’s but he is a solid test bat at this time and should be tried.

2 hours ago, jusarrived said:

Am losing patience with KL , I know its been fair with selections ..but hes been at fault being out due to injuries on couple of instances and not cashing on when in form and three failures on a trot is not acceptable , I would give him 2-3 more tests and if he does not turn it around try some one like Shaw .

For England , I would still go with VJ , KL and Shaw ..irrespective of how VJ and KL do , Dhawan should be no where near the test team , but I have a feeling he will again start as first choice opener in Eng .

Give Rahul some time. He is destined for greatness. He will come good this year.

Just now, joe777z said:

Shaw? No way

Average age (of unissued) criteria for selection is about 24 yrs. He has to play 3-4 Ranji trophy to even be considered for selection. This is applicable for Pant too, esp when Dk and PP going strong

Pappu and dk going strong? :rotfl:

6 minutes ago, fineleg said:

Hey @sandeep good to see you man. Now you understand why some of us are pessimistic about our away tours, when you were very positive about the SA series.

I'm back from vacay.   Yes, I was very positive about the SA series, because I thought we had the bowlers and openers to do the job.  Got one half right at least.  The openers have been the difference between the 2 teams I would argue...