Shubman Gill is a World Cup 2019 prospect, should be picked for England tour

Cricketics

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

There is a tri-series coming up against SL and Bangladesh 

Their bowling attack is no better than many of our state teams.

Gill needs to play domestic cricket and this tri-series would give him similar experience.

Can be tried in this tri-series as a No.4.

Yes,agreed.

Being fastbtracked means lot more opportunities should open up  for you to get into the national side....eg,more A tours,series against weak oppositions, more opportunities to showcase in the IPL like opening the innings etc 

doesnt mean he should directly be on the England tour as some are suggesting :laugh:

The plan should be to give all these opportunities to aim for atleast 2019 WC,will he grab this or not is totally on him....if he is not given these opportunities than the admins and selectors should be punished severely 

7 minutes ago, maniac said:

Yes,agreed.

Being fastbtracked means lot more opportunities should open up  for you to get into the national side....eg,more A tours,series against weak oppositions, more opportunities to showcase in the IPL like opening the innings etc 

doesnt mean he should directly be on the England tour as some are suggesting :laugh:

The plan should be to give all these opportunities to aim for atleast 2019 WC,will he grab this or not is totally on him....if he is not given these opportunities than the admins and selectors should be punished severely 

But our seniors should make way. lol They don't take rest against SL, WI .  Guys like Pandey, Jadhav should step up their game. Or else people are waiting to take their place.

1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

But our seniors should make way. lol They don't take rest against SL, WI .  Guys like Pandey, Jadhav should step up their game. Or else people are waiting to take their place.

Had he said Kuldeep over Ashwin and Jadeja in Aus would have made more sense :laugh:

on dry surfaces with variable bounce guys like Jadeja with their accuracy night out bowl the conventional spinners like Lyon and Ashwin....had he made that case that would make more sense...he lost me when he said Jadejas batting and bowling over Ashwin in Australia.

yes I might go with Kuldeep over Ashwin in Australia 

21 minutes ago, express bowling said:

There is a tri-series coming up against SL and Bangladesh 

Their bowling attack is no better than many of our state teams.

Gill needs to play domestic cricket and this tri-series would give him similar experience.

Can be tried in this tri-series as a No.4.

And what should Shreyas Iyer do?  Maybe make some Vadaa Pao and serve it to Mr. Next of Indian cricket. 

Sorry to be a bit harsh, but expected better from a poster like you buddy. 

Edited by sandeep
Just now, sandeep said:

And what should Shreyas Iyer do?  Maybe make some Vadaa Pao and serve it to Mr. Next of Indian cricket.   

Why can’t both play against weak teams???....I will say it with a heavy heart I don’t want to see another easy 200 for the taking from Rohit against Bang-Srl, Dhoni’s finishing ability,Kohli master class or Dhawans attacking knocks against those teams.

try all youngsters against them

6 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Sorry to be a bit harsh, but expected better from a poster like you buddy. 

I don't see the purpose of Kohli playing against weak Bangladesh and SL.    All format players like Kohli, Bumrah, Bhuvi and Pandya need to be rested against weak teams.

Iyer should bat at 3.

Don't be so emotional about mundane things.

12 minutes ago, maniac said:

Why can’t both play against weak teams???....I will say it with a heavy heart I don’t want to see another easy 200 for the taking from Rohit against Bang-Srl, Dhoni’s finishing ability,Kohli master class or Dhawans attacking knocks against those teams.

try all youngsters against them

A senior captain is needed ... so Rohit should play.

6 or 7 youngsters can be tried ... that would be a good mix.

10 hours ago, express bowling said:

Gill has a pronounced back and across trigger movement ... this helps tackle pace, bounce  and off-stump deliveries.  Pakistani pacers were bowling 140 k this morning but he was never hurried.

His footwork, both forward and back, is very definitive.

His head stays very still.

He has a lot of power, I saw it in earlier matches.  Today, we were in trouble and he did not really go for the big shots.

He adapts his game to suit the match situation and always plays responsibly.

I am very happy to see 2 proper batsmen, Gill and Shaw, emerge this year.  Was getting tired of unorthodox batsmen with ineffective techniques  who always say " this is my natural game " and throw their wicket away irrespective of the  match situation.

From what i see , he seems to be better player of pace .. better than shaw , Iyer , Pant . Handles short balls better.

Takes minimal risk but his strike rate is always above 100%. 

Super fit for no.4 position where he will hold one end up with nearly 100% strike rate . Let all hitters do their hitting from other 

end. 

The current lot Jadhav , Pandey  play too many risky shots .

Least convincing player is Iyer. It is all exciting to see him throw the bat and play everything on the up. But his game is way way risky game at the highest level. Also he goes right across the stumps too often.  I rate even Prithvi shaw above him. I don't see him having a long career. Even Pant is only good for T20 now. Head position, feet movement, trigger movement, follow through.. so many aspects to gel together to be a good batsman. If you have superior reflexes you can get away like Smith. Some of the basic ingredients have to be in place. Shaw/Gill have it. Iyer/Pant don't have.