Mongia  <  Dhoni

Robin    <  Pandya

Kumble  >  Chahal

Agarkar  >  Kuldeep

Srinath   >  Bhuvi

Prasad    <  Bumrah

90s team win 6 vs 5.

Rahane wont last long

Jadeja played for long so let jadhav 1st play that long , i rate higher then jadhav and jadeja was a terrific fielder

agarkar kuldeep ka kya comparison hua bhai

4 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Our middle order is the problem. Once we fix it, we'll be dominating home and away. Top 3 are among the best in the world and our first choice bowlers work well as a unit. It's the middle order musical chairs that's going to screw our chances. 

Well, even in the top 3, I don't think Rohit will be as effective in the likes of SA and NZ. Even when we take his record after he became an opener, he has not done well in these 2 countries.

But I agree that the main issue is our middle order which is very poor. The team has no idea who to play in 4-7, nor even the correct order. They have been shunting Pandya up the order far too often, and this doesn't work IMO because the likes of Jadhav and the decaying Dhoni are not power-hitters anymore. Since they have stated Dhoni will play till 2019 WC, they need to move him to 4 (or 5 at the most) and identify who 5-7 are going to be.

58 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Well, even in the top 3, I don't think Rohit will be as effective in the likes of SA and NZ. Even when we take his record after he became an opener, he has not done well in these 2 countries.

But I agree that the main issue is our middle order which is very poor. The team has no idea who to play in 4-7, nor even the correct order. They have been shunting Pandya up the order far too often, and this doesn't work IMO because the likes of Jadhav and the decaying Dhoni are not power-hitters anymore. Since they have stated Dhoni will play till 2019 WC, they need to move him to 4 (or 5 at the most) and identify who 5-7 are going to be.

I wouldn't be too worried about Rohit atm. His record is good in England and Australia and I believe he'll mostly do well at the World Cup.

With regards to the middle order, it is just absolute monkey business on behalf of the team management that has resulted in this. We've had to bring back Dinesh Karthik to try and remedy the problem :rofl:.

Let's see what they do. I'm tired of listing all the possible combinations. 

14 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

As a comedy show judge...yes.

Not every comedy show judge can hit Shane Warne out of the park at will. Even in his dreams, Dhawan cant do what he could do. And even in his dreams, Dhawan cant face the likes of Waqar and Wasim, in their prime like Sidhu did. 

I hope you watched Sidhu play, before making that comment!

Peace out!

20 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Not every comedy show judge can hit Shane Warne out of the park at will. Even in his dreams, Dhawan cant do what he could do. And even in his dreams, Dhawan cant face the likes of Waqar and Wasim, in their prime like Sidhu did. 

I hope you watched Sidhu play, before making that comment!

Peace out!

thread is about ODIs and Sidhu was no great in ODIs, Dhawan is.

On 07/02/2018 at 7:31 PM, Silva said:

Gambhir, Yuvi, and Raina may not have the most eye catching stats but I remember when they were in form and well set they almost always got India past the finish line. None of the middle order batsman in the current line up give me that same type of belief apart from kohli.

Very true,in the past if India required something like 80 of last 10 we'd win 8/10 times with yuvi,raina,dhoni etc nowadays even 70 of last 10 seems a big task with this brittle,prone to collapse middle order 

Edited by adi B
On 2/8/2018 at 3:38 PM, Rightarmfast said:

Kindly tell me where exactly in the heading of the thread does it mention exclusively for ODI's and where in the original post by the OP, does he mention the word ODI?

thread is made during an ODI series. So, it is obvious poster is talking about ODIs.

I must write in simpler english going forward. Where did I compare the quality of team's over even India's perfomances from the 90s.  My simple point was Kohli seems like as big a scalp to opposition today as Sachin was in 90s. I see it perfectly justified.

Which of the following batsman has raised in stature

Rohit - Yes. But lately seems off.

Dhawan - Doesn't score big hundreds

Kohli - ...

Rahane - still trying to find his feet in ODIs

Jadhav - WTF. What more will it take for a batsman to not be selected

Hardik - Hit & Miss

Dhoni - Way past his sell date. But still considered useful as wise old man of the team

Pandey - Again WTF. Patta batsman expert in banging third rate bowlers

Shreyas Iyer - Not tested

We can't keep harping about this great pool of batting talent if nobody is taking the baton. If one recalls, the scenario was similar in tests. This team is psychologically hand held and driven by Kohli. The batting line up is not evolving. 

3 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

Where did I compare the quality of team's over even India's perfomances from the 90s.  My simple point was Kohli seems like as big a scalp to opposition today as Sachin was in 90s. I see it perfectly justified.

its not about your english, its alrite dont worry ( its not too good like you think, so everyone easily understands it) . You are just contradicting your self. When you say Sachin and Kohli are similar big wickets in their times and we are at risk of going back to 90's you are effectively comparing the two teams. So folks are responding that we wont since the talent around Kohli is phenominally good now and not like the the manju's and mongias of 90s. 

Edited by Vilander
5 hours ago, adi B said:

They did in nzl in 2009 but were  a failure in saf and Aus 

Even Tendulkar was average in vs SA in SA, its always been difficult for Indian batsman. but when the t20 and ODI world cups were held their it was India that made the finals on both occasions and SA that got  dumped out.