Modi’s snub of Justin Trudeau

ravishingravi

Did anyone notice Pakistani reaction on recent Khalistan news? They seem joyous and jubilant thinking there's some huge separatist movement in India. If only those pigs knew that Sikhs are our Dharmic brothers and it's a miniscule NRI minority that is responsible for this ruckus.

35 minutes ago, BeardedAladdin said:

I think this will happen very soon. Congress government showed no interest in providing justice. 

It would be a huge step towards closing the book on this shameful event in Indian history. 

I say get 10-15 congi chamchas who were responsible for the riots and straight up convict them. This will send out a good message and hopefully would provide closure to affected Sikh families who have been demanding justice for over 3 decades now.

19 hours ago, surajmal said:

Sikh representation has been going down steadily and rightly so since it was a colonial era legacy. Young men from other states are far more eager to join the armed forces while young Sikhs are looking to GTFO of the country.

It’s probably a good thing, why be cannon fodder?

13 minutes ago, BeardedAladdin said:

Well...yes.

Wherever you are in the world, only two types of people join the military:

1. Poor people

2. Stupid people

Sikh community is very well off, for the most part. No need for them to join the military. And by military, i mean our fauj, not talking about the officer or Air force types here, they're smart.

And i'm from an army family myself, so i know this is true.

I respectfully disagree. For some people it's about serving motherland as well. I personally know quite a few ones who opted for military over lucrative careers in engineering and medicine.

By that logic we should stop  making the heroes out of the ones dying at the border since any aera gera can do it and they just happened to be there so as to escape from the poverty and are not lucky enough to be smartass like us sitting in our cozy bedrooms showing fake bravado over internet while fighting online battles with Pakistanis.

You do realize you just labelled all PVCs as some sort of stupid people who gave their lives in vain?

23 minutes ago, BeardedAladdin said:

Well...yes.

Wherever you are in the world, only two types of people join the military:

1. Poor people

2. Stupid people

Sikh community is very well off, for the most part. No need for them to join the military. And by military, i mean our fauj, not talking about the officer or Air force types here, they're smart.

And i'm from an army family myself, so i know this is true.

So wait a sec , it's ok to join as officers since you are smart(and of course by your logic more patriotic too since otherwise they wouldn't) but If anyone wants to enroll as a common soldier he's either poor or stupid? 

Wow that's some lahori logic right there.

Just now, BeardedAladdin said:

That's fair. you can disagree. my family always discouraged me from joining the army, so this is the view i have. Obviously i respect the armed forces, its impossible not to.

I never said anything about patriotism. And no, it doesn't make them poor or stupid, that's just the circumstances they're born in.

People usually enroll in fauj because they usually have no other option.

You did claim it was because they were either poor or stupid. 

My closest friend is an MBBS from a reputed Govt college from UP and decided to join the army after completion of his degree even though he could have easily earned almost twice as much working in hospitals in Delhi. The guy is currently posted in Rajori , Kashmir.

Now he's definitely not poor. Stupid? Erm I dunno although He did get quite a decent score in the AIPMT exam. 

The real reason he joined was because he wanted to serve the country (Yes those types still exist) .

My dad is a retired officer and sister is currently a Major. Although in her case she's definitely stupid.

2 hours ago, Stradlater said:

Soldiers are cannon fodder? 

Unfortunately, yes they are.

They can be brave and patriotic or they could be doing it because they are poor or stupid or for 'izzat' but they are still cannon-fodder.

its not because they are risking their lives that they are cannon-fodder, but they are cannon-fodder because in times of war or border-related troubles, win/loss or 'action/inaction' is quite literally measured in terms of 'how many lives did we lose vs how many did they lose'.
Thats what makes the common soldiers cannon-fodder.

9 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Unfortunately, yes they are.

They can be brave and patriotic or they could be doing it because they are poor or stupid or for 'izzat' but they are still cannon-fodder.

its not because they are risking their lives that they are cannon-fodder, but they are cannon-fodder because in times of war or border-related troubles, win/loss or 'action/inaction' is quite literally measured in terms of 'how many lives did we lose vs how many did they lose'.
Thats what makes the common soldiers cannon-fodder.

Well I won't disagree with that but we can still use a better term. They do lay their lives for us , cannon fodder or not.

12 hours ago, Stradlater said:

You did claim it was because they were either poor or stupid. 

My closest friend is an MBBS from a reputed Govt college from UP and decided to join the army after completion of his degree even though he could have easily earned almost twice as much working in hospitals in Delhi. The guy is currently posted in Rajori , Kashmir.

Now he's definitely not poor. Stupid? Erm I dunno although He did get quite a decent score in the AIPMT exam. 

The real reason he joined was because he wanted to serve the country (Yes those types still exist) .

My dad is a retired officer and sister is currently a Major. Although in her case she's definitely stupid.

Army pay , perks , pension and other facilities is one of the factor people choose career in armed forces.Not to forget when your friend will retire from army he can easily placed with big pay package

Let me ask you why he choose army over serving extremely poor rural area of UP Bihar or jharkand .He could had saved

Plenty of lives and served the country much better

2 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Army pay , perks , pension and other facilities is one of the factor people choose career in armed forces.Not to forget when your friend will retire from army he can easily placed with big pay package

Let me ask you why he choose army over serving extremely poor rural area of UP Bihar or jharkand .He could had saved

Plenty of lives and served the country much better

That's just fallacy. He always wanted to serve in the armed forces and grabbed the first opportunity he got.  I never said you can serve the nation only by joining the force. Not sure where you got that from? Even with all the perks and pay , he would never be able to earn half as much as he would have working as a civilian.

8 hours ago, Stradlater said:

That's just fallacy. He always wanted to serve in the armed forces and grabbed the first opportunity he got.  I never said you can serve the nation only by joining the force. Not sure where you got that from? Even with all the perks and pay , he would never be able to earn half as much as he would have working as a civilian.

What I am saying is you need torch to find people that are willing to serve in poor areas whether  as teacher or doctor etc but plenty want to join army and many call it desh sewa.

The fact is plenty of ex officers of army say that quality of life they got in army was best .So people are ready to sacrifice money if they can make decent amount for the sake of quality of life No doubt some amount patriotism was also involved in that.

Also I want to ask you that How you see those who joined British Indian army??

Because all those who fought in 1948 war actually joined British Indian army .

Also all those senior officers who scripted 1971 war Victory  actually joined British indian army .They could had joined Gandhi's movement , could had been like Bhagat Singh or could rebel like INA but they choose a career in army which was under Britishers.

So How much patriotism is involved in joining army we dont know

5 minutes ago, BeardedAladdin said:

Lol, that'll never happen.

civilians are too accustomed to a life where they take sacrifices of military personnel for granted. people are crying right now over an actress dying but dont have even 1/10 of the emotion for a soldier killed in Kashmir. in fact, its better this way. veterans dont ask for much. they ask for a decent salary and good equipment to fight the enemy. they operate in the shadows. 

Edited by FischerTal