Why was Dhoni so Angry??

gakgupta

2 hours ago, NameGoesHere said:

Well I am a Garhwali and we've been- my relatives, friends and acquaintances - been using the term 'Pahari' to describe ourselves for at least 2 generations that I know. 

It's common usage in UK particularly when you do not want to categorise something or someone as Kumaoni or Garhwali.

it may be when you are living outside the state and people refer you as pahaari but for people living in the state like us.  We dont call garhwali or kumauni as pahari. We only use pahari word for Janusari tribes.

2 hours ago, jalebi_bhai said:

The bolded part is not correct.

Pandey was on strike and hit it towards to long on/mid-wicket area. Dhoni called for two but Pandey kept looking at the fielder and settled for one. The gaali was not because he was looking at the crowd but because he was looking at the fielder and settled for one. Dhoni was pissed at Pandey for not trusting his call.

Which over did it happen? Probably towards the end of an over:wp6:

20 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

it may be when you are living outside the state and people refer you as pahaari but for people living in the state like us.  We dont call garhwali or kumauni as pahari. We only use pahari word for Janusari tribes.

Of course internally terminologies vary.  For example I'm writing this from Dehradun, I was born in Nainital, have an ancestral house in Pauri and a cottage in Kumaon.  I now spend close to 6 months of the year in UK.  I speak Garhwali and can (very vaguely) get by in Kumaoni.  So when we're talking among Garhwalis and Kumaonis, yeah they don't always use the word Pahari.  But being pahari is a fundamental part of who we are.

You stated 

Pant and Pandey are not paharis.  They are probably Kumauni or Garhwalis. Paharis is a word mainly used for Jaunsar-Bawar tribe.

Pant and Pandey are Paharis.  See what @beetle wrote, Kumaoni and Garhwaliis another identification in parallel with Paharis.

Paharis is used mainly for Jaunsaris?  And I've never in my life heard that Pahari was used only for Jaunsaris!  Not once.

Annyhoo, I'm moving on.

3 minutes ago, NameGoesHere said:

Plus if you'e from Delhi, bh**dike is just a term of endearment, like a compliment to a dear friend.

But Dhoni isn't from Delhi and he didn't say it in an endearing way. He could've just said "bhai, mera call tha". 

Anyways, it's not a big deal imo. 

3 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

But Dhoni isn't from Delhi and he didn't say it in an endearing way. He could've just said "bhai, mera call tha".

I was kidding, I lived in Delhi for the longest and we sprinkle abuses liberally, like papadam with sambhar.

It was more of a self reflecting thing.  

Edit: Great guy in your pic.  Shastri ji is one of my favourites.  

Edited by NameGoesHere
5 minutes ago, The Dark Horse said:

My bad then.

Chalta hai :wp2: 

5 minutes ago, NameGoesHere said:

I was kidding, I lived in Delhi for the longest and we sprinkle abuses liberally, like papadam with sambhar.

It was more of a self reflecting thing.  

Edit: Great guy in your pic.  Shastri ji is one of my favourites.  

I think it's the case in 99.99% friend circles that are not family oriented so I personally don't think it's even an issue.

And yea, Shastri was a gem. Left this world way too early.