"Wish Dhoni Was In My 2003 World Cup Team" - Writes Sourav Ganguly

velu

7 hours ago, rkt.india said:

highest score does not mean anything. Choke is choke. In 2007 WC, almost every match was a knockout match.

:giggle: Sure it doesn't mean anything when ya got Rohit and Rahane batting at 65 to 70SR chasing 329 and Kohli with his unusual innings. Poor guy left with Ashwin on the other end. Sure kohli,Rahane and Raina choked. 

It's called group stage for a reason and no they weren't knockout matches :no:

6 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Its feel like that but what happened in most cases were teams were mentally defeated before the gme begun against aus such was their aura

Then pressure of final n ganguly as captain was not good with nerves in final thats why he lost so many finals

Then the huge target 

About tendulkar- a batsman needs only one ball to get out and he had no other way to start hitting from start with such target. Understand those days we werent good chasers so we didnt knew how to do it neither did we had the confidence. His dismissal reason was the ball didnt come as quickly through the pitch as he thought which u realise once u spend time on wkt but with 360 on board those days it was always going to be panic 

Tendulkar had made up his mind and without looking at the merit he went for it. Poor stuff from the leaders. Start with single and the 4's will come.

Dumb sheet thinking on part of coaches and Gaguly. You lost to a team once go ahead and shake up stuff. Bowling could have been much better. There was no reason for such pathetic display.

1 minute ago, Khota said:

Tendulkar had made up his mind and without looking at the merit he went for it. Poor stuff from the leaders. Start with single and the 4's will come.

Samne mcgrath tha.......wo saans nhin lene deta hi

Baith ke bolna bht asaan hai

1 minute ago, Khota said:

Dumb sheet thinking on part of coaches and Gaguly. You lost to a team once go ahead and shake up stuff. Bowling could have been much better. There was no reason for such pathetic display.

i repeat baith ke bolna bht asaan hai.......no team cud defeat that aussie side that time they were undefeated in that tournament 

11 hours ago, Rasgulla said:

ATG innings by Ailiaaa to get India Eliminated in Early stages:giggle: If #7 #8 #9 can barely hit he would play a crap innings like sachin... Zaheer ending up with more runs with 10 x  better SR than  ATG ailiaaa 7(26). Bit of pressure Ailiaaa ll choke. 

Is this supposed to be a jigsaw puzzle where we try to arrange words in order to form a coherent sentence?

WTF is this gibberish?

19 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Samne mcgrath tha.......wo saans nhin lene deta hi

Baith ke bolna bht asaan hai

i repeat baith ke bolna bht asaan hai.......no team cud defeat that aussie side that time they were undefeated in that tournament 

Tendulkar is the top bat of the world who showed no intent. I have the right to say whatever i want to but I expect more from tendu.

22 hours ago, maniac said:

Dravid of 2003 was more valuable keeper-bat than Dhoni of 2018... both play at the same strike rate and if it is a crisis back to the wall situation, I would take Dravid over Dhoni any day.

Also Dravid a better keeper to pace bowlers

Always wondered who I liked more Dravid or Dhoni,guess I answered my own doubts :giggle:

Thanks OP

Dravid was arguably a better batsman-keeper (not keeper-batsman) than anyone else in the world at that time barring Gilly.

On 05/03/2018 at 6:30 AM, Khota said:

Going with three prong pace attack was a brain fart on part of Ganguly. Need to play to your strength and oppos weakness.

I think it was impossible at that time to know the weakness of that Aussie side, we beat them before in 2001 because of all time great batting from Laxman and freak bowling from Harbhajan, in 1998 Sharjah we won because of Sachin's batting peak otherwise that team was impossible to beat. In 2003 World Cup we were having 3 bowlers who could reach above 140 kph for the first time, and that was a novelty considering our fast bowling history.

On 05/03/2018 at 1:09 AM, rkt.india said:

what has bounce to do with sixes or high altitude? On high altitude, ball flies far in the air. Same is the case at Chinnaswamy and Dharmshala. Lot of sixes are hit at those places.

Still I believe that looking to hit more sixes than fours needs lot of guts, and that too in a World Cup final.

On 05/03/2018 at 1:49 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

that aussie team never thought like that .....

safe approach is our thing 

And the only person who scored from our team was also a person who never took the safe approach- Sehwag

Sehwag was more risk prone than Ponting, cannot compare here at all, Ponting on an average was more like Tendulkar, Ganguly and Saeed Anwar, more balanced approach to batting instead of taking on bowlers compulsively. But even though Sehwag was more attacking, he preferred to hit more fours than sixes which is why when you see a scorecard of a big knock from Sehwag there are 20 odd fours in it and less than 5 sixes. Ponting that day went into Nathan Astle mode (when he got 222) and hit massive shots that too in a final!

5 hours ago, Shunya said:

lol...topa... not taking your bait today...

@Rasgulla bhai great job ...keep spanking these butthurt whiners...

Kya bait :cantstop: it was an honest request since only you seem to be able to deeciper the coded gibberish messages. Help out the maniac at least. 

Edited by Laaloo
2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

today's Dhoni is still better than those two.

just about anyone would be better than dinesh mongia. laxman would have been a more suitable choice. think mongia was chosen also because of his part-time "bowling".