Risabh Pant - Second Impression

velu

Many sayjng many players who turned out to Be good had poor starts . Fair point 

pant could in years ahead become very good . Fair point 

but my my point is this . Seen him a lot in domestics . And his games for india mirrored this . Wild slogging across the line , no real offside game , almost eyes shot and trying to muscle ball . Very ungainly . Deeply worrying technique. So it’s not about what done in very few games for india , it’s his whole body of work 

can’t be more damming then this . Dk imo is much better bat then pant ! 

Pant is very young and big scope to sort out his technique. But right now ...
I agree.Even young Dhoni with his unorthodox technique had all-round game.But with Pant that is not true .No offside game at all.I am yet to see a confident sqaure cut or square drive from him.Forget about Test cricket or ODI ,he is not even ready for T20.
Right now DK is our best bet.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Jon_Snow said:

I agree.Even young Dhoni with his unorthodox technique had all-round game.But with Pant that is not true .No offside game at all.I am yet to see a confident sqaure cut or square drive from him.Forget about Test cricket or ODI ,he is not even ready for T20.
Right now DK is our best bet.

http://www.iplt20.com/video/102436/rishabh-pant-s-demolition-act-97-43-

watch this video an check first boundary.  check the powerful shots on off side.

Edited by rkt.india
http://www.iplt20.com/video/102436/rishabh-pant-s-demolition-act-97-43-

watch this video an check first boundary.  check the powerful shots on off side.
Even in this video you can see 90% of runs are scored on On side.That is not called all round game.Nothing square of the wicket.
You cannot succeed at highest level with these limitations.I have seen lots of videos of Pant.His other issue is he believes in just power game .Ideally he should mix power with timing.I hope he improves quickly. We need him,Kishan or Samson badly.

59 minutes ago, Jon_Snow said:

Even in this video you can see 90% of runs are scored on On side.That is not called all round game.Nothing square of the wicket.
You cannot succeed at highest level with these limitations.I have seen lots of videos of Pant.His other issue is he believes in just power game .Ideally he should mix power with timing.I hope he improves quickly. We need him,Kishan or Samson badly.

until you get balls, how are you supposed to hit square of the wicket? most batsmen in T20 hits on leg side.

34 minutes ago, Sean Bradley said:

Again, cross batted hoicks on the leg side, no real plan, straight from Pakistan School of Batting, if you are consistently failing against  Bangladesh & Sri lanka, you are slowly closing doors on yourself as a contingent for Dhoni's spot, especially with tough competition around in Ishan Kishen & Sanju Samson.

I seen enough now in domestics and for India .

guy is a blindness slogger at this stage 

icf hang your heads in shame . Some were pushing him to be our test match keeper:facepalm:

5 minutes ago, Vijy said:

He still doesn't look the part, but the sample size is still pretty small. However, if he fails throughout the tourney, he will fall behind Kishan in the queue.

I keep saying it just last 2 games . Has anyone actlkauy watched him in domestics . Horrible slogs across the lines 

I bought the hype . Thrilled to start watching him bat . Sat back got pop corn out and was ready to be wowed . Just disappointed me more and more seeing him . Frankly at moment seems another afridi 

send him domestics and let’s see in 3 years time . Kid is very very young . But right now needs overhaul of his technique and will take a while to get right 

Just now, Laaloo said:

Yeah bring back dhoni. We deserve that.

Jeez you boring . Now mark this post as troll as that’s all you good for 

I repeat . Dhoni should never play for india again .  But that don’t make pant ready for international cricket . You do understand distinction between not wanting dhoni but also not wanting pant . 

1 minute ago, Laaloo said:

Yeah bring back dhoni. We deserve that.

dhoni never went anywhere to bring him back :phehe:

dhoni  asked for some rest ( dont know why he asked to be rested though , he can play 365 days non-stop and still wake up everday fresh as morning dew :p: )    

This is a humbling reminder to me as to why I am not a talent-scout, and my expertise is limited to posting $ h ee t on a message board about things I know nothing about.  

Or I was right all along and they should've picked Pant back when he was ripping all attacks apart confidently, not when his confidence is a bit shaky.  

Just now, King Tendulkar said:

I repeat . Dhoni should never play for india again .  But that don’t make pant ready for international cricket . You do understand distinction between not wanting dhoni but also not wanting pant . 

He's played 4 games. Just now he's played two games in a row. Give him some time. And then let's see. We made other has been our most capped t20 player and finally he seemed to play good innings only now. Give some time. Relax.  If you're proposing kishan or Samson, then they are the same and worse wk than pant.

4 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

dont worry KT ..

i compensted laaloos Troll vote by giving you my "Heartin"  :phehe: 

3 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

He's played 4 games. Just now he's played two games in a row. Give him some time. And then let's see. We made other has been our most capped t20 player and finally he seemed to play good innings only now. Give some time. Relax.  If you're proposing kishan or Samson, then they are the same and worse wk than pant.

kishan did as well as pant in the IPLs and he seems more allround batsmen than pant ..

samson .. he is another slogger , thats it