Speed,Swing &Performance of Fast Bowlers & Swing Bowlers in 2018 IPL

vishalvirsingh

145 -150 kph should be the criteria for fast bowlers in t20 cricket . 90 percent will bowl a few at over140 kph .

What's the fastest Stanlake has clocked ?? He seems like the only one capable of breaching 150 kph this IPL.Want to see if he can get upto 155 kph . Riaz got upto 154 kph in the Psl.

15 hours ago, express bowling said:

Fastest balls by Indians so far in this IPL

Umesh      149.4 k

Kaul           147.7 k   

Bumrah     146.4 k

Shami        146.3 k

Mavi          145.x k

Hardik       145.0 k

Khejroliya 143.2 k

Bhuvi         143.x k

Shardul     141.x k

In t20 cricket those speeds are actually a little dissapointing tbh . The benchmark should be 147-150 kph and not 140 .for reference there were around 15  Pakistani pacers if not more  that clocked 140 plus in the Psl from 6 sides which basically means pretty much everyone that rolled his arm over.

Edited by the don

2 minutes ago, the don said:

145 -150 kph should be the criteria for fast bowlers in t20 cricket . 90 percent will bowl a few at over140 kph .

There are some pacers like Bhuvi, Kaul etc. who bowl quicker in T20s because they have only 4 overs to bowl. Their pace is not natural and lesser workload helps them bowl quicker.

There are other pacers like Bumrah, Shami etc. who have natural pace and can easily bowl quick throughout the day in test matches. But they need rhythm to bowl fast and the frequent slower balls they need to bowl often lead to them bowling slower in T20s compared to test matches 

There are different types of pacers and it is difficult to paint every one with the same brush.

6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

There are some pacers like Bhuvi, Kaul etc. who bowl quicker in T20s because they have only 4 overs to bowl. Their pace is not natural and lesser workload helps them bowl quicker.

There are other pacers like Bumrah, Shami etc. who have natural pace and can easily bowl quick throughout the day in test matches. But they need rhythm to bowl fast and the frequent slower balls they need to bowl often lead to them bowling slower in T20s compared to test matches 

There are different types of pacers and it is difficult to paint every one with the same brush.

Kaul doesnt look quick at all . 

I doubt the 147 kph reading . Dont think he will ever replicate that .

Bhuvi has upped his pace quite a bit in the last few years . Him bowling 140 plus is no surprise .

The most exciting should obviously be the u19 quick clocking 140 plus and bowling well. in a high pressure environment .

33 minutes ago, the don said:

In t20 cricket those speeds are actually a littke dissapointing tbh . The benchmark should be 147-150 kph and not 140 .for reference there were at least a dozen Pakistani pacers that clocked 140 plus in the Psl from 6 sides which basically means pretty much everyone.

Many pacers don't seem to want to bowl quick in T20s.  Pace can be your friend of foe in this format depending on exactly where you have pitched the ball.

Nagarkoti, Bumrah, Umesh, Aaron and Khaleel have the ability to bowl 147 k + among Indians.

Nagarkoti is out with injury.

Bumrah bowls that pace primarily in tests.

Umesh has clocked 149 k+.

Aaron is not playing IPL this season.

Khaleel is yet to get a game 

What I like about Indian pacers there days is that most of them can bowl 140 k to 145 k/ 148 k spells in test matches and sustain their pace throughout the day.

Pakistani pacers these days want to bowl quicker in T20s but not in tests.

Edited by express bowling

15 minutes ago, the don said:

Kaul doesnt look quick at all . 

I doubt the 147 kph reading . Dont think he will ever replicate that .

I agree. 

The most exciting should obviously be the u19 quick clocking 140 plus and bowling well. in a high pressure environment .

Nagarkoti, the 17 year old who bowls 140 k to 150 k range, is out with injury ... and no genuine fast bowling fan , irrespective of country, would like it.

Mavi, the 18 test old,  bowled 140 k to 145 k in the only over he got in this IPL. Let's see if he bowls quicker in the future.

Kheleel Ahmed, a 20 test old 6'2" left armer, was bowling 138 k to 148 k in this year's domestic T20 tournament and picking loads of wickets. Another young-un to watch out for.

Edited by express bowling

49 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

i rate Mavi higher because he controls the new ball better. 3-4K of extra pace does not matter if you spray the ball. Nagarkoti has lacked control with the new ball and lack of movement too. Mavi gets swing which Nagarkoti does not. 

Not that every body can make use of the new ball ,Cummins is the prime example, tends to use it well when its old.. 

3 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Not that every body can make use of the new ball ,Cummins is the prime example, tends to use it well when its old.. 

we need a new ball bowler in ODIs. We already have two BK and Bumrah good at death bowlers. 

3 hours ago, SecondSlip said:

Who do you guys rate as a better bowler, Nagarkoti or Mavi? I would also love it if you could explain why :icflove: 

@Rightarmfast @express bowling @rkt.india @tweaker @Mosher

I would rate Nagarkotti as better bowler than Mavi at present. Yesterday If Nagarkotti was fit, he would have bowled earlier & would have completed his quota of overs. 

Nagarkotti can bowl above 145 k with control. He has a good yorker & can run through sides. 

3 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Bhubneshwar is there to make excellent use of the new ball ,we really dont have first change bowlers ,i think Nagarkoti is well suited for the role.Who is your first change bowler(pacer)?

BK is not a good bowler with new ball.  he barely gives any early breakthrough in ODIs the reason he averages so high despite good ER.  He is a good death bowler.