Indian pacers who are bowling or have bowled 145 kph plus spells often

@Rightarmfast  gave you a cricinfo link of the 157 k ball bowled against Zimbabwe in 1997.

The 157 k speed is mentioned in Wikipedia too. Here is an excerpt ...

"  The Zimbabwe captain Alistair Campbell, revealed that Srinath was recorded at 157 km/hr on 27 January 1997, in the game at Paarl between India and Zimbabwe. He said about this game: "We then moved on to our second game against India, at Boland Bank Park. In all 236 was quite a decent score, as it wasn't the easiest of pitches to bat on, and Srinath I think, bowled the quickest than any of our guys had ever seen. He bowled a really quick spell early on, even quicker than Allan Donald; he was timed at 157 km/h, a good 10 km/h faster than Donald was bowling throughout the tournament. Grant Flower was hit on the thigh pad, and when he came off he said he thought he had broken his leg".  "

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javagal_Srinath

Here is another espncricinfo article talking about the 156 k ball in SA your 1996. An excerpt ...

" Between December '96 and February '97 Srinath's speeds were timed in excess of 150kph and were comparable to those of both Allan Donald and South Africa's 'new' pace sensation Lance Klusener. Whilst Klusener's fastest ball came in at 154kph and he proved at the time to be faster than Donald, it has been brought to my attention on numerous occasions that Srinath pipped them both with one particular delivery measured at 156kph. "

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/story/111878.html

If I recall correctly ,I saw  a video somewhere where Srinath made Mike Arthurton the Eng skipper a clown in England ,maybe 96 tour..before he thought putting bat to ball the ball was gathered by the keeper ,such was his speed , ineradicably his pace was never talked about neither had the buzz about the same,but cannot be denied he was express Pacer of his generation

@Rightarmfast  gave you a cricinfo link of the 157 k ball bowled against Zimbabwe in 1997.

The 157 k speed is mentioned in Wikipedia too. Here is an excerpt ...

"  The Zimbabwe captain Alistair Campbell, revealed that Srinath was recorded at 157 km/hr on 27 January 1997, in the game at Paarl between India and Zimbabwe. He said about this game: "We then moved on to our second game against India, at Boland Bank Park. In all 236 was quite a decent score, as it wasn't the easiest of pitches to bat on, and Srinath I think, bowled the quickest than any of our guys had ever seen. He bowled a really quick spell early on, even quicker than Allan Donald; he was timed at 157 km/h, a good 10 km/h faster than Donald was bowling throughout the tournament. Grant Flower was hit on the thigh pad, and when he came off he said he thought he had broken his leg".  "

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javagal_Srinath

Here is another espncricinfo article talking about the 156 k ball in SA your 1996. An excerpt ...

" Between December '96 and February '97 Srinath's speeds were timed in excess of 150kph and were comparable to those of both Allan Donald and South Africa's 'new' pace sensation Lance Klusener. Whilst Klusener's fastest ball came in at 154kph and he proved at the time to be faster than Donald, it has been brought to my attention on numerous occasions that Srinath pipped them both with one particular delivery measured at 156kph. "

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/story/111878.html

This wikipedia article was posted years after I made Alistair Campbell's public. Someone updated it based on that particular article. As you know, anybody can update anything on wikipedia, so wikipedia is not the best source to go by, btw.

This wikipedia article was posted years after I made Alistair Campbell's public. Someone updated it based on that particular article. As you know, anybody can update anything on wikipedia, so wikipedia is not the best source to go by, btw.

RAFbhai  .....   I remember the fact that you found that article first ...  and acknowledge it too.  :nice:

I just quoted Wikipedia as an additional well followed source.

That 156 k ball was in addition to that 157 k ball ... for which I gave a separate source.

22 year old Prasidh Krishna bowled lots of 143 k to 146 k deliveries on the 12th of May.

The effortless manner in which he was generating this pace gives hope that we may get to see him bowling with genuine pace in the days to come.

The fact that he is a tall, hit the deck bowler makes it even better.  Additionally, he can swing the ball both ways too.

I would like to see whether he can keep bowling at this pace in the next few matches.

On 4/30/2018 at 7:03 PM, Straight Drive said:

Srinath's fastest was 154.5  in ODI World Cup. He bowled the fastest ball by Indian pacer ever. Nobody beats him yet. His bowling was good . Ge did use to drift to leg stump at times, however he had much better control for someone bowling very fast. He just wasn't a speed gun, he was accurate as well. The only problem with him was versatility - he learned to bowl the leg cutter only oin last two years of his career. Otherwise there was nothing much to complaint about his bowling. 

Azar was the slip fielder those day. I remember he said in interview that Srinath was the fastest Indian bowler he had ever seen. He also said he is faster than what it looks. Being a slip fielder he could judge the pace  well.

100 percent correct Srinath was india's fastest.

I am surprised no one here mentioned David Johnson.... He was pretty quick , although no speed guns in those days but i think he easily clocked 145+ during Kotla test against Aussies.  that bouncer to Ponting on a docile kotla pitch was one of the meanest i have seen on indian soil. He went on South Africa tour but an injury and lack of support curtailed his career. 

14 hours ago, juggernaut_1984 said:

I am surprised no one here mentioned David Johnson.... He was pretty quick , although no speed guns in those days but i think he easily clocked 145+ during Kotla test against Aussies.  that bouncer to Ponting on a docile kotla pitch was one of the meanest i have seen on indian soil. He went on South Africa tour but an injury and lack of support curtailed his career. 

Wth are you talking about. Ricky Ponting is playing without a helmet to this guy. No way you play without helmet to 145 guy no matter how dead the pitch is. The guy is barely bowling 133

6 hours ago, rahulrulezz said:

Wth are you talking about. Ricky Ponting is playing without a helmet to this guy. No way you play without helmet to 145 guy no matter how dead the pitch is. The guy is barely bowling 133

i remember him . he was about 125 max . but better than dodda ganesh at 120

4 hours ago, mani sha said:

i remember him . he was about 125 max . but better than dodda ganesh at 120

David Johnson was atleast fast-medium and a lively paced bowler who could hit the deck hard ...  definitely not a trundler.

He was hyped as an express bowler, which he was not ...  and hence the disappointment at that time.

Edited by express bowling
On 5/14/2018 at 11:38 PM, juggernaut_1984 said:

He looks like right handed Brett Schultz.

Mavi looks like a bowler who can bowl really quick if he decides to go flat out fast.

T20 is not the ideal format for that, with bowlers having to try slower balls and variations frequently, boundaries are often too small and batsmen trying all sorts of offbeat shots.

Would love to watch Mavi bowl in a 5-day or 4-day match on a lively pitch.

58 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Mavi looks like a bowler who can bowl really quick if he decides to go flat out fast.

T20 is not the ideal format for that, with bowlers having to try slower balls and variations frequently, boundaries are often too small and batsmen trying all sorts of offbeat shots.

Would love to watch Mavi bowl in a 5-day or 4-day match on a lively pitch.

Bang on target,exactly this is relentless format for bowlers like him..T20 does not favour anyone,very unpredictable format, no thing works here..great bowling prospect, a high velocity bowler,he is the enforcer that we are looking for

Edited by Suhaan