Lankans not taking the field against Westindies due to change of ball

18 hours ago, Pollack said:

Tbh you seem to have very relaxed opinion on tampering, doping in cricket. Even if someone brings a big saw and cuts the ball in two halves you'd justify it. :biggrin:

On topic, silveritem did the right thing. Umpires didn't change the ball even after australia sandpaper gate incident was shown on big screen. These umpires have different standards.

if you cut it, it wont stay a ball then. You have to have ball to play cricket.

On 6/18/2018 at 1:32 PM, rkt.india said:

most cricketers chew something on field.  Chewing a candy and shining the ball with saliva does not make it ball tempering.

All of cricket's laws aren't black and white. There's a lot of grey area when it comes to deciding these things. Have a look at the video posted above. Maybe if Chandimal had worked on the ball a few minutes after chewing candy, he wouldn't be in trouble. 

These calls are subjective but this was definitely high risk behavior.

1 hour ago, Straight Drive said:

During a hearing held at the end of the St Lucia Test, in which video evidence was used in the presence of the Sri Lanka team management as well as the match officials, Chandimal admitted putting something in his mouth but wasn't able to recall what it was.

:stupid:

He had a brainfade 

1 hour ago, velu said:

as a OCD person , i find this shining the ball with saliva is disgusting.. even more disgusting for the bowler as well 

Exactly, I would rather have ICC approve some gelly for this purpose so that all teams have same advantage. I wouldn't want to take reverse swing out of the game, so should have some gelly which can maintain shine of ball.

Give it to the umpire and allow shining only between overs, Simple.

Edited by Forever Indian