Speed Test in line with YoYO Test.

It is not just about speed but accuracy as well. Lets make an accuracy metric too along with pace.  Make a box at the good length area and ask bowlers to bowl in that area at good pace and see how many can hit that area consistently.  The ones who hit that box most at 85 mph or more should be singled out as options. 

Edited by rkt.india
21 hours ago, GolGappe said:

Radical out of box idea. I definitely see merits in doing something like this to encourage "faster" bowlers.

Hopefully, will put an end to assembly line of trundlers that dominate the Ranjis and are brutally exposed in international cricket.

what you are writing are as if you have read my brain- Many thanks for supporting my radical out of BOX idea.

All good bowlers would try their best to push themselves to generate genuine speed and with 138K if some bowlers can swing they bcom doubly dangerous.

thanks again. I should seek appointment with the current chairman of selectors and present this idea strongly.

5 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Venky prasad would have never played lol  He built like a tank he was bowling at 125 kph. Agarkar a wiry guy was effortlessly clocking 140k consistently. INfact Aggy's slower balls were in the range of 120kph.

Venky Prasad was a shrewd bowler and it was bcos of him being clever and the enormous pressure created by Srinath at the other end that batsman wanted to break free and gave wickets to Venky...

I saw Venky and Srinath bowling together, Venky's line n length were like MC grath , always constant and PERFECT and his pace was Slow ( under 130K) at most times and Suddenly he had the capability to come upto 138K too, so if there was pressure on him to be a 138K bowler, He cud also bcom a 138K pacer. Some batsman attacked him and then perish to him.

i am saying 138K in Green conditions , in green pitch conditions not the Patta wicket conditions. if indian bowlers cannot average 138K with a brand new ball in ideal conditions , it means they are kinda not INTERNATIONAL Standard.

Nagarkoti and MAVI cud average 144k and 145 K with the new ball over 12 ball average. 

COach them well and they are bound to create havoc- AAG LAGA Denge.

This test should be considered early morning around 8 AM so that its cool and comfortable and on Greenish Test Match pitches so that we can encourage fast bowlers to stretch and bowl fast with the New ball. NO one is stopping them to bowl Slow balls in the Main Matches but they should practice for bowling Fast and Slow both and not just focus on following UNADKAT who is a Skilled Bowler , problem is he tries his Skills all the time and now all batsman are ready for his Slow balls.

5 hours ago, rkt.india said:

It is not just about speed but accuracy as well. Lets make an accuracy metric too along with pace.  Make a box at the good length area and ask bowlers to bowl in that area at good pace and see how many can hit that area consistently.  The ones who hit that box most at 85 mph or more should be singled out as options. 

Exactly, it should not just be pace but also Accuracy.

I think Coaches can train Accuracy, accuracy is a matter of Practice , See SID KAUL , he is so accurate now, i feel the MOTTU BHarat Arun should have the capability to improve accuracy and it seems he has done a fair JOB, even a Unlucky bowler like Ishant is getting wickets and Umesh is quite accurate and even BUmrah and BHuvi are Super Accurate...

I have to say Our Mottu has done some job to improve accuracy of fast bowlers and fast bowlers like Mavi and nagarkoti will improve immensely if they are trained by Mottu, gilespie or top international level fast coaches like NEHRA.

6 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Standardization of fast bowling will kill diversity in the game, there is a reason why the game is beautiful when it has metronomes like McGrath and erratic magicians like Akram.

If all fast bowlers start doing the same thing, then it becomes very easy for the batsman since he does not need to make adjustments when a new bowler comes.

6 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

what you are writing are as if you have read my brain- Many thanks for supporting my radical out of BOX idea.

All good bowlers would try their best to push themselves to generate genuine speed and with 138K if some bowlers can swing they bcom doubly dangerous.

thanks again. I should seek appointment with the current chairman of selectors and present this idea strongly.

Just a little question when you have those super fast bowlers who is going to catch all those edges in the slips?

Are you going to have a fielding test ? If they don't catch so many in a practise  they won't be picked ?

Whilst we are at it what's the measure for spinners in your team? 

5 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Exactly, it should not just be pace but also Accuracy.

I think Coaches can train Accuracy, accuracy is a matter of Practice , See SID KAUL , he is so accurate now, i feel the MOTTU BHarat Arun should have the capability to improve accuracy and it seems he has done a fair JOB, even a Unlucky bowler like Ishant is getting wickets and Umesh is quite accurate and even BUmrah and BHuvi are Super Accurate...

I have to say Our Mottu has done some job to improve accuracy of fast bowlers and fast bowlers like Mavi and nagarkoti will improve immensely if they are trained by Mottu, gilespie or top international level fast coaches like NEHRA.

You do realise that from the list of all time top wicket takers the first three are spinners and from 4 - 17 only one would get into your team on your criteria :facepalm:

4 hours ago, Tattieboy said:

You do realise that from the list of all time top wicket takers the first three are spinners and from 4 - 17 only one would get into your team on your criteria :facepalm:

You meant Dale Steyn as the only one in the list?

Also what most don't realise that if all bowlers bowl in the same speed range (90 mph and above), the batsmen will adjust their reflexes accordingly which in the long run would neutralize the advantage of pace. What after that? Set standard speed range to 150 kph and above? 

9 minutes ago, MechEng said:

You meant Dale Steyn as the only one in the list?

Also what most don't realise that if all bowlers bowl in the same speed range (90 mph and above), the batsmen will adjust their reflexes accordingly which in the long run would neutralize the advantage of pace. What after that? Set standard speed range to 150 kph and above? 

Yes Dale Steyn

A bowler who does nothing with the ball an up and downer as we  called  them in cricket is much easier to play than someone who seams and swings .

Reaction time from hand rather from when pitches for seamer 

18 hours ago, Tattieboy said:

Just a little question when you have those super fast bowlers who is going to catch all those edges in the slips?

Are you going to have a fielding test ? If they don't catch so many in a practise  they won't be picked ?

Whilst we are at it what's the measure for spinners in your team? 

good point..fielding skills are very important specially Slip catching but i expect that a fielder does improve his catching Skills pretty fast...i remember the day when any high catch , i used to avoid coming under it but later the coach taught upper CUP Style of catching and i was kinda shocked that i started catching all high catches and all higher than stomach catches in the upper cup style,,i never managed to stand and catch in the gully and i was pleasantly surprised to catch in the gully using the upper cup style which is used by australians and many indian guys like myself, earlier i used to catch in the indian style.

IN a match i was standing at long on and i came under it , a high catch got right into my hands and popped out. every one made me look miserable and then i practiced hard for the upper cup and now i need to be sleeping if i miss a high catch as upper cup ensures catch does not pops out.

catching and slip catching is directly proportional to training , even weak catchers like me can improve their catching Skills.

Spinners ..now a days if its a traditional spinner , he is studied so well that before the first ball is bowled batsman is clear how to play him and kinda plays with a PLAN...these mystery Spinners like kuldeep are a big threat bcos they create a hige SCARE in the mind of a batsman quite similar to what a SUper fast bowler does...just the difference is that the batsman is not scared of getting hit but is scared of getting bowled.

if I am batting i will love to play ASHWIN and even Jadeja but would not prefer to play Kuldeep.

why BCOS..my MIND will not be stable and comfortable facing Kuldeep...since i am scared i wont be able to score freely  ,i am destined for failure , ashwin and jadeja are tough too but at least i can read them or kinda try to read them...But yes all three are real tough Spinners, if english offer Slightest of Spinning conditions - any of the three will run through them like a knife out into a CAKE.

Kuldeep cud cook english even on unfriendly tracks.

:finger: