Pant dropped for England lions unofficial test

Pant has a really good first class record. It's hi list a record that's the issue so not really lackluster.

List A?
The thing is Pant is having a great season
Good IPL, good A tour- I do think the likes of even Kohli and selectors are wanting him in the team

But they can't risk dropping Dhoti because he is the only somewhat Brainy guy of the team.
Kohli knows pretty well he is not a good captain.
I do think there is a tryst on the part of PR agencies to build sympathy for Pant-because marketingwise, Dhoni is irreplaceable.
But IMO, overhyping somebody before s/he actually makes a big impact internationally is a step taken in the wrong direction

It creates more dislike for a player than normal.
For example KL rahul.
While I do think this is part for his OTT behaviour , rahul is already drawing flak from my acquaintances for being overhyped.
Dude, you can't really create Superstars from your own will.
Superstars bante hai, banate Nahi.
Even the likes of Neymar and Cr7 had to score it big in the senior level to win sponsorship.
But likes of Rahul, Gill, Pant are getting marketing even before they are scoring big.
Over marketing doesn't work.
Even kohli who was marketed heavily before he actually started to perform, has been falling down from the likeability radar.
One more bad tour+horrible WC and he is getting eggs.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

One thing is clear - Wriddhiman Saha's career is over.
We will run with DK and Parthiv for a few years- with Pant slipping in and out of the squad.
Who knows even the over eager KL rahul picks up wicketkeeping to lengthen his stay in the squad.

Your thoughts doesnt look like mere speculations they can be real ...very interesting

Your thoughts doesnt look like mere speculations they can be real ...very interesting

They are speculations at this point and I can get fanciful.
So take them with a pinch of salt
But this is what I feel- and my gut feelings mostly come true.
IPL legends like KL rahul and Pant are not making it big- rather their annoying PR will only backfire in case of a bad performance.

3 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

They are speculations at this point and I can get fanciful.
So take them with a pinch of salt emoji23.pngemoji23.png
But this is what I feel- and my gut feelings mostly come true.
IPL legends like KL rahul and Pant are not making it big- rather their annoying PR will only backfire in case of a bad performance.

Exactly

Exactly
Excessive PR before making a significant impact is only gonna backfire.
No doubt the likes of Pant and Rahul is talented, But overhyping them on the basis of ipl will only serve to make some new haters after one **** performance.
But even the likes of Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar had to slog hard before getting money and fame.
Rahul is lamba race ka ghoda though- he is part timing as a wk so that made me think him as an option After DK & PP retires.
Dhoni has a tendency to destroy the careers of people who threatens his position- That is why Pant I don't think won't have much chance unless he signs for Rhiti or Bunty.
And if the selectors and Rahul Dravid shows over intent to squeeze in Pant into the team, you know who are going to be kicked out

5 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Yeah sure but with his lacklustre Ranji stats, I don't think he is gonna be fast tracked into the Test squad-as much as Dravid wants.
It is either Dinu Kartik or Parthiv Patel who is playing the Tests.
Kohli rarely risks playing Youngsters.

what lacklusture , he scored more then 1000 last to last yr and then last yr was burdened with captaincy that to of delhi cricket which is under so much of politics

Parthiv dropped 5-6 catches in SA , usko keeping krwane se acha pagal kutte katwale kohli apne aap ko 

On 7/15/2018 at 6:45 AM, Austin 3:!6 said:

Maybe bigger things awaits for him. I think he will be selected in test squad inplace pf Saha

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If he was being considered for the 2nd keeper slot, there's no way he wouldn't be playing this match.

18 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Why? Test series starts 1st August...that is good 15 days away.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

LIkes of woakes and curran are playing for Eng A - both those guys are likely to play the test series - if you really want Pant to be part of your test squad, this would be can't miss opportunity to have him face a quality opponent in like-for-like conditions.  Fact that they went with Bharath - who is considered - like Saha, more of a quality keeper, but not much of a bat - is clear that after Karthik and parthiv, its going to be this guy who will be considered seriously.  

I trust Dravid more than most in terms of selection biases or lack of - so the implication is that Pant the wicket-keeper is seen as not quite ready for prime-time when it comes to the longest form of the game.  A valuable prospect, but not there yet.  

Of course ICF fanbois have been pant-gasming (copyright pending since 2017) for Rishabh for a while now.  But that doesn't count for much. 

LIkes of woakes and curran are playing for Eng A - both those guys are likely to play the test series - if you really want Pant to be part of your test squad, this would be can't miss opportunity to have him face a quality opponent in like-for-like conditions.  Fact that they went with Bharath - who is considered - like Saha, more of a quality keeper, but not much of a bat - is clear that after Karthik and parthiv, its going to be this guy who will be considered seriously.  

I trust Dravid more than most in terms of selection biases or lack of - so the implication is that Pant the wicket-keeper is seen as not quite ready for prime-time when it comes to the longest form of the game.  A valuable prospect, but not there yet.  

Of course ICF fanbois have been pant-gasming (copyright pending since 2017) for Rishabh for a while now.  But that doesn't count for much. 

Dravid , as much as he seems to be a good coach(note that the key word here is seem) , is not as unbiased or trustworthy as his People makes it out to be.
He is pretty shrewd and definitely has his own agenda when it comes to become a power centre in the hallowed halls of BCCI.
His U19 and A success mostly comes from having a talented and trained sample to choose from and the weakened sample size of other countries.
He just has hired a great PR team for himself who are doing their job to highlight Dravid as this great kindhearted humble soul on every social media and show how great of a coach Dravid is.

Nobody is innocent In the line of showbiz.
Dravid has been accused of partiality and doing dressing room politics during Sourav-Chappell fight, and remained silent even during the Kumble vs Kohli fight.
It is amazing to see how Dravid manage to whitewash his image and present himself as this Angel who can do nothing wrong.
Those guys are on par with Raju Hirani on the matter of image improvement.
Oh wait, Dhoni biopic part 2 is coming.
Brace for the tears and long retirement speeches.

15 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Dravid , as much as he seems to be a good coach(note that the key word here is seem) , is not as unbiased or trustworthy as his People makes it out to be.
He is pretty shrewd and definitely has his own agenda when it comes to become a power centre in the hallowed halls of BCCI.
His U19 and A success mostly comes from having a talented and trained sample to choose from and the weakened sample size of other countries.
He just has hired a great PR team for himself who are doing their job to highlight Dravid as this great kindhearted humble soul on every social media and show how great of a coach Dravid is.

Nobody is innocent In the line of showbiz.
Dravid has been accused of partiality and doing dressing room politics during Sourav-Chappell fight, and remained silent even during the Kumble vs Kohli fight.
It is amazing to see how Dravid manage to whitewash his image and present himself as this Angel who can do nothing wrong.
Those guys are on par with Raju Hirani on the matter of image improvement.
Oh wait, Dhoni biopic part 2 is coming.
Brace for the tears and long retirement speeches.

har jagah itna politics kaha se dhundhte ho 

har jagah itna politics kaha se dhundhte ho 
Because you can't really make it big in Sports or Films/TV/Fashion Industry without doing politics.
So some inferences can be easily made.
Also, my friend's uncle works for a popular GEC and he has acquitances who work as behind the crew members for IPL franchises and are part of the sports management industry/PR companies.
He himself is a former PR man FYI

About sports , Tendulkar made it big coz he made runs and at the end thats what matters
U cnt make it big without talent

Oh of course , but let's not talk about the insane politics at the lower level.
Politics sab jagah hota hai, but in India it is even more.
For every successful sportstar , there are thousands of equally talented players who didn't garner the chances that the successful one got.