Clueless & Corrupt Kaptan King Kohli

All that talk about Kohli being match winner attitude wala captain, fast bowling captain, it now seems Kohli is nobody's captain.

He wins matches because he gets weak oppositions in Bilaterals/who knows even international matches are fixed for India since the maximum revenue comes from this country.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Kuch bi , DK can play as a batsmen as he did recently . Raina came into the squad in the last minute and now we are suddenly dependent on his bowling skills ?
Because the 2nd best option is Axar Patel.
They should have called up Krunal Pandya for this series also.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, Lannister said:

One thing is certain about Kohli, we are not going to win any major series under him. That much is true. It's not just about Rahul, there's a lot of things wrong with how they operate. It is what it is and I am certainly not going to watch the matches. 

As long as he wins the bilaterals and spanks minnows & near minnows teams, and earns 200 crore plus per year, he is a happy man.

1 hour ago, raki05 said:

hat has dhoni done in the last match to deserve place in this match. Last match was the worst performance ever by any indian player along with Prabhakar+Mongia and Gavaskar 36. When Karthik is already there as a keeper why dhoni is there in the team after horrible peformances which he did in this tour. Why do you ask to sit a youngster who is making his way to the main team after great perform

Did Gavaskar get dropped after his 36 ? Am not defending his knock , but no captain could have dropped him based on one knock ..hes not any keeper , but a ATG so just like Dhoni had to wait till the likes of Tendulkar / Dravid retired , Virat has to wait this one .

There are three other batting spots which Virat can get an youngster if he wants , but clearly from what we have seen in last 2-3 years he has no interest in investing on youngsters . So I dont see a point blaming Dhoni every time a youngster is dropped by Virat . Like I asked elsewhere , wasnt Kuldeep dropped just 2 matches before ? isnt KL dropped at every given opportunity in Test team as well ? was Dhoni responsible for playing Rohit sharma ahead of Rahane in SA ? or Puajra in WI ? or for playing Dhawan ahead of VJ ? 

11 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Did Gavaskar get dropped after his 36 ? Am not defending his knock , but no captain could have dropped him based on one knock ..hes not any keeper , but a ATG so just like Dhoni had to wait till the likes of Tendulkar / Dravid retired , Virat has to wait this one .

There are three other batting spots which Virat can get an youngster if he wants , but clearly from what we have seen in last 2-3 years he has no interest in investing on youngsters . So I dont see a point blaming Dhoni every time a youngster is dropped by Virat . Like I asked elsewhere , wasnt Kuldeep dropped just 2 matches before ? isnt KL dropped at every given opportunity in Test team as well ? was Dhoni responsible for playing Rohit sharma ahead of Rahane in SA ? or Puajra in WI ? or for playing Dhawan ahead of VJ ? 

Kohli is chewtia it doesn't mean Dhoni's position justified. When Gavaskar made 36 he was still not that old and he did that purposely to oppose ODI cricket format which was new at that time. He din't do it to harm indian cricket rather more towards a revolt for the new format. Gavaskar is an ATG batsmen and pinnacle of master class technique. Dhoni has very limited capablity as a batsmen but he has great determination to succeed which he did while he  was younger, but as he become older and i highly doubt his real age is 37 it's probably 41-42 he has completely lost it's touch and unnecessary delaying his retirement. If selectors will leave up to him he will never retired by himself  just like he never wanted to leave captaincy and was forced to relinquish also with the limited capability which he has he will cost us many more matches like y'day and  more than loss the approach which he has shown was completely unacceptable and quite humiliating. Dhoni preached that this is India team not mine or your team and older player has to go , so what business does he have in this team. He is quite shameless to be given ownership for self retirement.

Edited by raki05

There are 20 scheduled ODIs left for us after today's is over. Sanjay Bangar on a Cricinfo article stated that we will try out a number of options in the middle order: Raina, Rahul, DK, Pandey, Rahane, and Rayudu. Add to that Jadhav, when he returns from injury, is also an option in the middle order.   

Does anyone really expect Rahul to get all 20 matches to solidify his spot, when team management has a minimum of 6 other players they have in mind competing for limited spaces?

While I agree Rahul is the best option to invest in for our middle order and should get all 20 matches, he hasn't exactly set the world on fire in the chances he has gotten...

Career averages
  Span Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 0 4s 6s  
overall 2016-2018 12 11 3 257 100* 32.12 327 78.59 1 1 1 20 4 Profile
Innings by innings list
Runs Mins BF 4s 6s SR Pos Dismissal Inns   Opposition Ground Start DateAscending  
100* 176 115 7 1 86.95 1 not out 2   v Zimbabwe Harare 11 Jun 2016 ODI # 3742
33 66 50 4 0 66.00 1 bowled 2   v Zimbabwe Harare 13 Jun 2016 ODI # 3744
63* 99 70 4 2 90.00 1 not out 2   v Zimbabwe Harare 15 Jun 2016 ODI # 3746
8 28 18 1 0 44.44 1 bowled 2   v England Pune 15 Jan 2017 ODI # 3819
5 11 5 1 0 100.00 1 caught 1   v England Cuttack 19 Jan 2017 ODI # 3821
11 28 11 1 1 100.00 2 caught 2   v England Kolkata 22 Jan 2017 ODI # 3824
DNB - - - - - - - 2   v Sri Lanka Dambulla 20 Aug 2017 ODI # 3905
4 - 6 0 0 66.66 3 bowled 2   v Sri Lanka Pallekele 24 Aug 2017 ODI # 3906
17 - 24 2 0 70.83 4 caught 2   v Sri Lanka Pallekele 27 Aug 2017 ODI # 3907
7 - 8 0 0 87.50 5 caught 1   v Sri Lanka Colombo (RPS) 31 Aug 2017 ODI # 3908
9* - 18 0 0 50.00 4 not out 2   v England Nottingham 12 Jul 2018 ODI # 4014
0 - 2 0 0 0.00 4 caught 2   v England Lord's 14 Jul 2018 ODI # 4016

196 of his 257 runs came in his first series against Zimbabwe; after that he hasn't crossed 20. When you have such limited spots, like in our middle order, you have to grab the bull by the horns and make yourself un-droppable.  

5 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Kohli is chewtia it doesn't mean Dhoni's position justified. When Gavaskar made 36 he was still not that old and he did that purposely to oppose ODI cricket format which was new at that time. He din't do it to harm indian cricket rather more towards a revolt for the new format. Gavaskar is an ATG batsmen and pinnacle of master class technique. Dhoni has very limited capablity as a batsmen but he has great determination to succeed which he did while he  was younger, but as he become older and i highly doubt his real age is 37 it's probably 41-42 he has completely lost it's touch and unnecessary delaying his retirement. If selectors will leave up to him he will never retired by himself  just like he never wanted to leave captaincy and was forced to relinquish also with the limited capability which he has he will cost us many more matches like y'day and  more than loss the approach which he has shown was completely unacceptable and quite humiliating. Dhoni preached that this is India team not mine or your team and older player has to go , so what business does he have in this team. He is quite shameless to be given ownership for self retirement.

MS if he was to retire , it had to be planned at least 2 years back . its too late now . DK is a born choker , am a massive fan and think hes extremely talented but trust me these are not the guys who can win you big tournaments . So as bad as he is and sinpite of his last innings am hoping for a miracle in WC .

if KL / Pant / Nitish Rana or someone else had 30-40 games behind them then yes , Dhoni could have been replaced  but these guys never got a chance in last 3 years. Dhoni lets say is hogging one spot , but there where other 2 spots where we could have tried youngsters ? Rohit sharma cant even let go of his opening spot in Nidhas trophy to try out another youngster . Dhoni will retire in a year or two , but this is a much bigger problem , wasting great young talents which will haunt us for next 10 years . 

There is bigger politics at play here. When Rahul was dropped for DK, Kohli and the commies on BCCI payroll were praising Karthik to the moon as to how talented he was and how experienced he was. Once the Nidihaas final was over,Karthik was dropped for Pandey and then even Rahul got a shot. Then Rahul flopped 1 or 2 games, they went back to Karthik but Raina plays on. Atleast Pandey was not the replacement.

There is no method or logic to the madness.

21 minutes ago, Tibarn said:

There are 20 scheduled ODIs left for us after today's is over. Sanjay Bangar on a Cricinfo article stated that we will try out a number of options in the middle order: Raina, Rahul, DK, Pandey, Rahane, and Rayudu. Add to that Jadhav, when he returns from injury, is also an option in the middle order.   

Does anyone really expect Rahul to get all 20 matches to solidify his spot, when team management has a minimum of 6 other players they have in mind competing for limited spaces?

While I agree Rahul is the best option to invest in for our middle order and should get all 20 matches, he hasn't exactly set the world on fire in the chances he has gotten...

Career averages
  Span Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 0 4s 6s  
overall 2016-2018 12 11 3 257 100* 32.12 327 78.59 1 1 1 20 4 Profile
Innings by innings list
Runs Mins BF 4s 6s SR Pos Dismissal Inns   Opposition Ground Start DateAscending  
100* 176 115 7 1 86.95 1 not out 2   v Zimbabwe Harare 11 Jun 2016 ODI # 3742
33 66 50 4 0 66.00 1 bowled 2   v Zimbabwe Harare 13 Jun 2016 ODI # 3744
63* 99 70 4 2 90.00 1 not out 2   v Zimbabwe Harare 15 Jun 2016 ODI # 3746
8 28 18 1 0 44.44 1 bowled 2   v England Pune 15 Jan 2017 ODI # 3819
5 11 5 1 0 100.00 1 caught 1   v England Cuttack 19 Jan 2017 ODI # 3821
11 28 11 1 1 100.00 2 caught 2   v England Kolkata 22 Jan 2017 ODI # 3824
DNB - - - - - - - 2   v Sri Lanka Dambulla 20 Aug 2017 ODI # 3905
4 - 6 0 0 66.66 3 bowled 2   v Sri Lanka Pallekele 24 Aug 2017 ODI # 3906
17 - 24 2 0 70.83 4 caught 2   v Sri Lanka Pallekele 27 Aug 2017 ODI # 3907
7 - 8 0 0 87.50 5 caught 1   v Sri Lanka Colombo (RPS) 31 Aug 2017 ODI # 3908
9* - 18 0 0 50.00 4 not out 2   v England Nottingham 12 Jul 2018 ODI # 4014
0 - 2 0 0 0.00 4 caught 2   v England Lord's 14 Jul 2018 ODI # 4016

196 of his 257 runs came in his first series against Zimbabwe; after that he hasn't crossed 20. When you have such limited spots, like in our middle order, you have to grab the bull by the horns and make yourself un-droppable.  

None of the them are going to be settled if they are going to rotate 6 players for 20 games . KL is not a middle order bat , his chances of succeeding are very limited . if you the mgmt cant realize that and give him a long run , then persist with some other player . This musical chair program is not going to help any batsmen . 

Knowing these guys though , I bet they will still be rotating players even in the WC warmups ..while the top order wont budge from their comfort zone . 

1 minute ago, Global.Baba said:

There is bigger politics at play here. When Rahul was dropped for DK, Kohli and the commies on BCCI payroll were praising Karthik to the moon as to how talented he was and how experienced he was. Once the Nidihaas final was over,Karthik was dropped for Pandey and then even Rahul got a shot. Then Rahul flopped 1 or 2 games, they went back to Karthik but Raina plays on. Atleast Pandey was not the replacement.

There is no method or logic to the madness.

Exactly . They have not even let DK settle , who after years of being in Dhonis shadows that knock against Bangla could have been a potentail turnaround . Now I doubt he will do well , I bet after getting out for 20 today he will again start playing for his place in the team . 

4 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

MS if he was to retire , it had to be planned at least 2 years back . its too late now . DK is a born choker , am a massive fan and think hes extremely talented but trust me these are not the guys who can win you big tournaments . So as bad as he is and sinpite of his last innings am hoping for a miracle in WC .

if KL / Pant / Nitish Rana or someone else had 30-40 games behind them then yes , Dhoni could have been replaced  but these guys never got a chance in last 3 years. Dhoni lets say is hogging one spot , but there where other 2 spots where we could have tried youngsters ? Rohit sharma cant even let go of his opening spot in Nidhas trophy to try out another youngster . Dhoni will retire in a year or two , but this is a much bigger problem , wasting great young talents which will haunt us for next 10 years . 

Completely agreed. That's why i said kohli is utter chewtiya along with Shashtri and i just hope the legend what dhoni created for himself should not be deliberately destroyed by himself and team management. don't you think any body on the forum had not been jump in excitement when he hit that six in wc final. Pinnacle of indian cricket in terms of achievement for most of the forum members in their life, but still it doesn't justify dhoni overstay in anyway imaginable.

9 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

None of the them are going to be settled if they are going to rotate 6 players for 20 games . KL is not a middle order bat , his chances of succeeding are very limited . if you the mgmt cant realize that and give him a long run , then persist with some other player . This musical chair program is not going to help any batsmen . 

Knowing these guys though , I bet they will still be rotating players even in the WC warmups ..while the top order wont budge from their comfort zone . 

Sure, rotating 6 players over 20 games is a bad idea, but just giving a single player all 20 matches is also risky, especially if they don't end up paying dividends. They need to pick 2, at max 3 players and give them all a fair shake...