2018 Pataudi Trophy, Ind in Eng, General Discussion Thread

zen

22 hours ago, YCCC said:

Never knew there was a trophy for India England series. 

There are 2 actually, Pataudi Trophy for test series in England. Ifthikar Ali Pataudi (Tiger's dad) represented both India and England. He was shown in that Bodyline miniseries (Hugo Weaving one), scored a 100 in the 1st test but then fell out with Jardine over the bowling tactics and was dropped. It was first awarded in 2007, the only time we won that trophy.

The trophy for the test series in India is the Anthony de Mello Trophy instituted long time back. He was an old time administrator and a founding member of BCCI and Cricket Club of India in Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai.

For some reason they aren't as well known as Ashes, Wisden Trophy, Frank Worrell, Border-Gavaskar, Basil D' Oliveira etc.

Edited by Gollum

Kohli,rahane,pant,pandya will have to play key roles in the middle,lower middle order especially after the initial spell of the new ball bowlers,they've got to take the responsibility because we are without our best bowler and a handy lower order bat I e bhuvi so they need to make up for it .

Regarding the top order ,their job is to blunt the new ball ,vijay and pujara will do the same but got to abstain themselves from playing unnecessary shots/pokes . 

Won't blame the top order much even if they fail because it's very hard to face the new ball and either way even kohli rahane etc would fail to score if they face the brand new red cherry .

Bumrah has got to get back quickly because he adds new dimension to the attack ,ishant shami umesh are too similar .in spin department i would start with kuly ,I honestly believe he can be the x factor and might wrap up the tail which our pacers might find hard