ENGvIND The dropped catches tracking thread

2 minutes ago, Sachinism said:

According to BBC TMS, 20 catches have been dropped this series, 15 by England. True?

You can refer to the 1st 2 posts of this thread, who cares what Poms have to say...all drops are being monitored and added on this thread.

Not sure if this made a difference in slip fielding, but they are forming a strange slip cordon, very close to each other.  Kohli dove in front of Rahul who was ready to catch .

Nasser and Holding were having a chuckle about the slip positioning in yhe first innings, but India has performed better than English this whole series. Or rather England has been rock bottom, anything looks better.

9 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Amazing to see Pant getting wrong footed so often, needs some serious work. Won't make a big difference in white ball cricket but in tests he can't get away with such shoddy footwork. 

Seems like it's only when bumrah is bowling. Is same happening while shami or ishant bowling?

4 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Seems like it's only when bumrah is bowling. Is same happening while shami or ishant bowling?

I also saw it when Ishant was bowling. He followed the angle before making late adjustment and collecting it. He may well collect most but needs to work on this aspect, else he will make easy collections look difficult, moderate ones impossible !!!!

The alleged drop by Pant in 1st innings of Root (bowler:Bumrah) wasn't exactly a missed chance. I saw that live, ofc Pant was wrongfooted but even if he had stayed in position that would have fallen slightly short, he needed to also make a slight forward movement to catch that. Too hard to call it a drop for the youngster. I haven't included it in the list, sideways plus forward/backward movement is higher level stuff and best left to the likes of the Sahas and Bouchers of the world. 

2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Hope we continue this trend whole series where English catchers look 2nd best :dance:.

@YCCC @Tattieboy what's wrong with English catching? It was never this bad.

Two best natural behind the wicket catchers arer not there.

Cook losing reflexes

Jennings should not be 10 km within catching or batting for that matter.

Most of them are low drops because they are going up instead of staying low for as long as possible , so much harder to go down than up , I suspect that they maybe watching the bowler instead of edge of the bat losing a fraction of second to pick up the ball from the edge 

41 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

Two best natural behind the wicket catchers arer not there.

Cook losing reflexes

Jennings should not be 10 km within catching or batting for that matter.

Most of them are low drops because they are going up instead of staying low for as long as possible , so much harder to go down than up , I suspect that they maybe watching the bowler instead of edge of the bat losing a fraction of second to pick up the ball from the edge 

Who?