Performances of Batsmen

Sundar has looked so comfortable against the pace of Starc and Cummins.

Good positive front foot movement to quick bowlers as well as spinners.

And has handled bouncers well.

And he plays a lovely drive off the back foot ... from point to mid off region.

Is strong off his pads too.

There is definite potential as a test batsman.

Edited by express bowling

Pant, the batsman, is such a gem.

He has all the shots in the book now.

Needs to cut down on his lofted shots. He has no need to hit in the air to score runs.

I understand that he was hitting Leach to stop him from landing the ball on the rough. That was ok.

But hitting Bess in the air was not necessary.

His dismissals in Australia were often when he tried to loft the ball too.

Sundar has shown that he is very comfortable against genuine quick bowlers on fast bouncy surfaces.

And now he us showing that he can bat comfortably against spinners who are turning the ball from the rough.

Plus he has shown and is showing superb temperament while batting under pressure in tough match situations.

He needs to be considered as a frontline batsman now ... one of the better young batting talent we have now. And his bowling is a bonus.

7 minutes ago, express bowling said:

His problem today was more a mindset issue than a technical issue.

Gill looked too circumspect today.

Nope his planted feet will has been an issue that wud be exploited in future with LBWs. I hve noticed this quite a few times.  Which is why i dnt buy he is that technically sound as ppl say.  Bowl coming back sharply in can be bit of a chink but most avg bowlers wont be able to exploit it and end up giving him runs

But everyone has some issue, he has to many qualities to let this take over and this cant be exploited by any tom dick n harry 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Nope his planted feet will has been an issue that wud be exploited in future with LBWs. I hve noticed this quite a few times.  Which is why i dnt buy he is that technically sound as ppl say.  Bowl coming back sharply in can be bit of a chink but most avg bowlers wont be able to exploit it and end up giving him runs

But everyone has some issue, he has to many qualities to let this take over and this cant be exploited by any tom dick n harry 

Most batsmen have some technical issues. 

But the good ones learn to play around them.  

This planted foot issue exists for Smith too.

Problem arises when batsmen are circumspect in the mind. 

Gill did not look his usual self. It was as if someone has told him to not lose his wicket at any cost. And he was extra cautious and ended up not playing his usual game.

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Why is Gill changing his style of batting and being so defensive ??

Anderson is very economical. Not easy to get away. Throwing bat around with a new pink ball against Anderson is suicidal. Let’s give him the benefit of doubt. He is playing 2 bowlers with 1100 wickets between them with the pink new ball.

He struggled because of good bowling. Neither it is the approach nor any tech flaw. I am sure he has flaws but that didn’t matter in this innings in the end.