Wtf statements you have heard from people.

beetle

4 minutes ago, Brainfade said:

When man first started using salt, it was a very scarce precious commodity.  If someone gave you salt, it means they control you.  You cannot let your children utter the word salt or give you salt, because that means you are symbolically under their control.  

But it is still not scietific.

Salt is no longer scarce and it is no longer a symbol of control .So why continue with this myth when we know it was purely about less availability of salt in olden days.

13 minutes ago, Brainfade said:

Tomato plants are especially susceptible to plant pathogens and respond by making toxins such as solanine.  When solanine reacts with Iron-rich spinach which is also rich in light-absorbing chlorophyll, it generates reactive oxygen species such as hydrogen peroxide and superoxide anions.  These have been shown to promote the genesis of tumors. 

But, when something is grown by vedic farming, the cosmic waves inhibit infection by plant pathogens and thus prevent oxidative damage to the plant cells.  Thus, the plants do not need to make toxins such as solanine to fight off these pathogens.  The nutrients absorbed by the plant roots are more harmoniously distributed in the tomato fruits (remember, tomatoes are fruits not vegetables).  Also, the use of synthetic, chemical fertilizers containing Nitrogen, Phosphorus and Potassium is bad for plant and human health.  You must buy tomatoes grown organically with natural manure-based non-chemical NPK.  Being natural, the Nitrogen, Phoshporus etc are much more healthy in this farm.

@Laaloo  Why did you say that I was trolling?  It is a perfectly valid analysis of the cellular chemistry of specific foods, and their relationship to nutrition.  Until something is proven to be completely 100% safe, you must not consume it or feed it to your kids. 

1 minute ago, beetle said:

But it is still not scietific.

Salt is no longer scarce and it is no longer a symbol of control .So why continue with this myth when we know it was purely about less availability of salt in olden days.

Why take a risk?  There was always some meaning to what our ancestors experienced and they passed on the wisdom to us.  Why would you ignore them?  

3 minutes ago, Brainfade said:

Why take a risk?  There was always some meaning to what our ancestors experienced and they passed on the wisdom to us.  Why would you ignore them?  

Because I need to know the scientific reason and not live my live controlled by stories told by people 1000s of years back.

I grow tulsi because it is medicinal and I am willing to call it sacred because anything that help you with cold and cough is good enough to be called sacred. 

It is not a myth because it does help. Tried and tested.

The salt bit is just nonsense being passed on from generations because our ancestors do not want to be questioned about things they themselves have no answer to.

Edited by beetle

Just now, beetle said:

Because I need to know the scientific reason and not live my live controlled by stories told by people 1000s of years back.

Do it at your own peril.  These wisdoms have stood the test of time. Our ancestors did not pass on everything to us, only the important things that we must know.  Things like Ayurveda, homeopathy, Chinese herbal medicine; if they has been done since like 2500 BC, they must be valid.   

20 minutes ago, Brainfade said:

When man first started using salt, it was a very scarce precious commodity.  If someone gave you salt, it means they control you.  You cannot let your children utter the word salt or give you salt, because that means you are symbolically under their control.  

Yes, there is a saying in kannada, if you have eaten salt in their house, be loyal to them. 

8 minutes ago, dial_100 said:

only if you continue eating after ignoring the fact that there was hair in your food. 

If you walk away, you know the result.:hysterical:

Nah....man.

Just  hold the hair and say...." this is silky , must be yours darling":love:

Or "I promised your dad to take care of you....not eat you , one hair at a time ".:eating:

zor ka jhatka , dheere se...

1 minute ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Lmaoooo... Good point though

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Its logical. See all those really old bolly movies, the unmarried male villains or the bhatka hua heros like devdas go to the kotha or brothel.

Where do the unmarried female villain go to ? I never saw a gigolo or a unisex kotha in those movies.

• A peaceful colleague from the peaceful padosi nation once told me  that they are not supposed to use stand-in urinals and will have to use sit-in only (like women) as per sharia. They are not supposed to hold it, as it is not pure.  He was explaining  because I was standing and doing it and he entered and used an enclosed stall and hence later apologized and blamed his orthodoxy for not using the next stand-in stall.

19 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

One of my friend long time back (college senior) told if you eat Very hot curd rice you will get jaundice :phehe:

You are not supposed to mix hot rice right out of the cooker and mix it with yogurt from the refrigerator. It doesn't taste well with the curds breaking into some kind of compound. It doesn't have the nice texture.

On 8/14/2018 at 7:18 AM, velu said:

my father told this to me when we went to see some girl  :wall:  ( years ago )

she will become fair and slim after marriage and she will look  better after marriage :(( 

@velu

Did you end up marrying? based on his assurance :)

Edited by fineleg