Ambati Thirupathi Rayudu bitch slapped everyone who are against him !!!

velu

9 minutes ago, express bowling said:

The main issue is ...  is he the best choice for No.4 ...  and does he deserve to get selected ahead of Rahul and a few others  ?

Anyone who has reached this level  has the ability to do well in a couple of matches or even a couple of series.  But can we expect consistency and quite a few impact performances against good teams in the medium run  ?

Normal.  He has played all 4 matches earlier and got used to these slow pitches.  And this is Rahul's first game.

then whether rahul is the right choice for #4 ? he seems to be pretty much useless vs quality spinners not just agaisnt rashid

also he is way too casual in many of his dismissials 

Ryuduu is a good player and like I have said a million times opening makes a batsmen look much much better than he actually is. You pick any of the top 20 batsmen in India currently and give them a good run, they will average 50+ at a good SR. No pressure, power plays, flat pitches and more opportunities to score against minnows, chasing low totals etc. You need to have different standards judging top order batsmen, unfortunately we don't. 

56 minutes ago, velu said:

then whether rahul is the right choice for #4 ? he seems to be pretty much useless vs quality spinners not just agaisnt rashid

To arrive at that conclusion peremptorily,  good players need to be given 10 to 15 ODIs on the trot ... and then discarded if they don't perform or look good.

What we are doing is ... we have tried atleast 5 batters at No.4 and keep playing musical chair every 3 or 4 games while keeping everyone in the loop.

I don't think it is good for the confidence of any of the 5 batters.

Rahul has tackled spinners rather well in test matches on spinning tracks in India ... so I don't think he would have issues in ODIs if he is allowed to settle in.  But ... I realize that this is just my opinion and the only way to resolve this regarding any batter is by giving him a few games on the trot.

Questions are being raised regarding Rayudu because Rahul is not the only batter he has suddenly jumped ahead of.  What about Iyer who did quite well in the few chances he has got in ODIs  ?   Why is he suddenly out of the squad  ?

Edited by express bowling
2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

To arrive at that conclusion peremtorily, good players need to be given 10 to 15 ODIs on the trot ... and then discarded if they don't perform or look good.

What we are doing is ... we have tried atleast 5 batters at No.4 and keep playing musical chair every 3 or 4 games while keeping everyone in the loop.

I don't think it is good for the confidence of any of the 5 batters.

Rahul has tackled spinners rather well in test matches on spinning tracks in India ... so I don't think he would have issues in ODIs if he is allowed to settle in.  But ... I realize that this is just my opinion and the only way to resolve this regarding any batter is by giving him a few games on the trot.

Questions are being raised regarding Rayudu because Rahul is not the only batter he has suddenly jumped ahead of.  What about Iyer who did quite well in the few chances he has got in ODIs  ?   Why is he suddenly out of the squad  ?

dont mind Rahul replacing DK in the playing xi ..

as much as i like rahul , he has the habit of throwing his wicket away ( in tests as well ) ..

hope he doesnt turn out to be another rohit 

35 minutes ago, velu said:

KL has no time to settle at no4 before the wc, I think he has the game but where he needs change in approach is facing spinners from word go. As an opener you are used to facing pace bowlers to begin with and even if you face spinners early on, the PPs help a lot. You can afford to block 5 balls in a over and one good shot will fetch you a boundary. Down the order though, it's different. Field spread out facing a spinner, singles is all you get for a good shot, I can see KL getting out playing stupid shots out of frustration. 

Since the opening is taken, either he could play at 3 where I feel he will do fine, but unlikely Virat will drop down or he could bat at 6, has the big shots I think he would do fine in the last 10 overs. 

7 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

KL has no time to settle at no4 before the wc, I think he has the game but where he needs change in approach is facing spinners from word go. As an opener you are used to facing pace bowlers to begin with and even if you face spinners early on, the PPs help a lot. You can afford to block 5 balls in a over and one good shot will fetch you a boundary. Down the order though, it's different. Field spread out facing a spinner, singles is all you get for a good shot, I can see KL getting out playing stupid shots out of frustration. 

Since the opening is taken, either he could play at 3 where I feel he will do fine, but unlikely Virat will drop down or he could bat at 6, has the big shots I think he would do fine in the last 10 overs. 

even though IPL is not a benchmark , rayudu did well opening for :csk: