Team management explained what they expect of me - Rahul

SK_IH

So he does not want to bat in middle order then? He is not good enough to be in top three , it is either he bats at no 4 or he is out.If he is not adapt in rotating strike it would be a big problem if he plays in the middle order.

I don't know why he can't say I am ready to bat at no 4 if he wants to play.

Edited by putrevus
27 minutes ago, express bowling said:

He is supposed to realize that on what basis  ?

Well why does he not say I am ready to be no 4 when Kohli comes, nobody put a gun to his head and told him that he should say he will bat only in top order.

His inability to rotate strike freely against spinners? 

He needs to realize he is not better than top three period and only way he can get into the side is as a middle order batsman.If I were him I would have taken to WK on a permanent basis.

I came across the whole q&a session on BCCI frontpage when I was looking for something else.

http://www.bcci.tv/videos/id/6513/team-management-has-given-me-a-clear-plan-kl-rahul.

There seems to a long pause at the 2:10 mark when he answers the question and he is also looking down as well.

Obviously there is a plan. Only fools would think otherwise. :facepalm:

Pls note that I am actually an expert in reading body language and can use that info to know stuff that others do not. 

5 hours ago, putrevus said:

Well why does he not say I am ready to be no 4 when Kohli comes, nobody put a gun to his head and told him that he should say he will bat only in top order.

He needs to realize he is not better than top three period and only way he can get into the side is as a middle order batsman.If I were him I would have taken to WK on a permanent basis.

Listen up genius, he is a top order batsman. Have you ever seen a batsman who opens in Test cricket and also plays in the middle order in ODIs. Both are the toughest positions to bat at in the respective format. Even the likes of Sachin were not able to do it. You need different skills sets to adjust to those positions and this is what Rahul is saying. You and your idiotic logic. 

4 hours ago, Kaleroko said:

I came across the whole q&a session on BCCI frontpage when I was looking for something else.

http://www.bcci.tv/videos/id/6513/team-management-has-given-me-a-clear-plan-kl-rahul.

There seems to a long pause at the 2:10 mark when he answers the question and he is also looking down as well.

Pls note that I am actually an expert in reading body language and can use that info to know stuff that others do not. 

Can you elaborate on that? How was his body language and what did it signify? Was he happy with this new role as a backup opener? 

4 hours ago, Kaleroko said:

If the plan is to prepare for Aus series, then its best to rest him from Asia cup

8 hours ago, putrevus said:

This. He seems to have pushed his case as a top order batsman, and that seems to have backfired. Now he's realised he'd rather play in the middle order than not play at all. Even Sachin worked his way up the top of the order. Should have been smarter.