India could have rested Cheteshwar Pujara for the West Indies series

27 minutes ago, sensible-indian said:

I did. :phehe:

35 minutes ago, sensible-indian said:

You hatred for Pujara is hilarious.

:hysterical:

31 minutes ago, zen said:

You should read his post on some of the threads :lol:

Puajra or Rahane doesn't matter to me. All that matters is Indian team . As of now  I still feel Rahane deserves  a place in the team  lot more than Pujara. Not into the reasons for that again because I have  described those several times already.Today Rahane wasted a great oppertunity  to score a big inns. And I blame  him for that . If I were a blind hater/supporter I would have supported him today. Still Rahane  has 1 more test  (probably he won't bat in 2nd inns of this test) & 1 full AUS series to  make me change my stance w.r.t him.

If you people believe that I am partial  to any player, then it is because of your comprehension  skills, not my fault.

21 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

Puajra or Rahane doesn't matter to me. All that matters is Indian team . As of now  I still feel Rahane deserves  a place in the team  lot more than Pujara. Not into the reasons for that again because I have  described those several times already.Today Rahane wasted a great oppertunity  to score a big inns. And I blame  him for that . If I were a blind hater/supporter I would have supported him today. Still Rahane  has 1 more test  (probably he won't bat in 2nd inns of this test) & 1 full AUS series to  make me change my stance w.r.t him.

If you people believe that I am partial  to any player, then it is because of your comprehension  skills, not my fault.

The idea of resting Pujara is ludicrous..We need an experienced #3 with the top order yet to settle. As for trying out different combinations, it should not be at the cost of the confidence of Pujara 

Rahane will eventually come out of his slump and may achieve great things(same holds for Pujara too) but Manju is grade one a-hole who will forever be stuck in his aamchi-mumbai rut.  

1 hour ago, diga said:

The idea of resting Pujara is ludicrous..We need an experienced #3 with the top order yet to settle. As for trying out different combinations, it should not be at the cost of the confidence of Pujara 

Rahane will eventually come out of his slump and may achieve great things(same holds for Pujara too) but Manju is grade one a-hole who will forever be stuck in his aamchi-mumbai rut.  

Pujara has played 8 series in 'SENA & WI' and still remain mediocre in all these 5 countries.If any thing is going to help him in AUS, it is this experience of  already having  played 8 series in these countries.If you believe that, this mere  2 tests against lower ranked WI at home(He can bat blind folded and still be successful at home) is going to benefit  him in AUS   immensely, then I am lost for words.

2 hours ago, rtmohanlal said:

Pujara has played 8 series in 'SENA & WI' and still remain mediocre in all these 5 countries.If any thing is going to help him in AUS, it is this experience of  already having  played 8 series in these countries.If you believe that, this mere  2 tests against lower ranked WI at home(He can bat blind folded and still be successful at home) is going to benefit  him in AUS   immensely, then I am lost for words.

You can have your opinion on Pujara... but it doesnt change the fact that Manju is biased.  In the absence of settled openers ahead of Aus tour, both Rahane & Pujara should go with all the confidence they can gain from this WI tests. Anyway they are not part of ODI setup.  Kohli could define his legacy by winning the Aus series only if he shows enough confidence in his senior batsman Pujara & Rahane

6 minutes ago, diga said:

You can have your opinion on Pujara... but it doesnt change the fact that Manju is biased.  In the absence of settled openers ahead of Aus tour, both Rahane & Pujara should go with all the confidence they can gain from this WI tests. Anyway they are not part of ODI setup.  Kohli could define his legacy by winning the Aus series only if he shows enough confidence in his senior batsman Pujara & Rahane

Agreed that both of them  need all the confidence in AUS.... but my doubt is this..... At the most Pujara might play mere 3 inns (don't think India would need to bat a 2nd time in this test) against this border line minnow  WI team . What amount  of confidence  would Pujara have  lost, had he  missed  mere 3 inns against this hapless Windies team at home??