#MeToo India 2.0

coffee_rules

28 minutes ago, Shunya said:

Tanushree Dutta's case more looks like ego clash to me. Often happens when two different opinions clash and especially when someone is rude & blunt while speaking and not a chivalrous men. Feminists hate that type of person. If you roam around in Pune, most of the marathis are so rude - men or women in general, anyone who has not lived here at first would feel offended at lot of the things people say and do. 

There is some sense to what RGV says here:

Few years back, I have been at wrong end of one of my female managers. There was a time when I was absolutely correct but she was at higher position and managed to make me pay. And I felt, I am done here.

She played the politics and played it really well.

Now I could have given up by resigning/making it a HR issue but unlike another collegue I decided to live today fight another day. I choose later and got back to her. Politics is politics. Its dirty, simple as that

42 minutes ago, mishra said:

Few years back, I have been at wrong end of one of my female managers. There was a time when I was absolutely correct but she was at higher position and managed to make me pay. And I felt, I am done here.

She played the politics and played it really well.

Now I could have given up by resigning/making it a HR issue but unlike another collegue I decided to live today fight another day. I choose later and got back to her. Politics is politics. Its dirty, simple as that

This type attention seeking is termed as disgusting by feminazis. Men are hounded so much nowadays that they will nev3r come out with such harrasment accusations. In modern times, victims like yourself will be shamed and bullied and now with media so powrful you will be called rapist n molestor yourself if you say anything against women.

1 hour ago, Shunya said:

This type attention seeking is termed as disgusting by feminazis. Men are hounded so much nowadays that they will nev3r come out with such harrasment accusations. In modern times, victims like yourself will be shamed and bullied and now with media so powrful you will be called rapist n molestor yourself if you say anything against women.

Yes, If women is equal or at higher position, She will make you pay. Never even think that she may not go low to gain advantage and turn the table.

So, be wary of both sex collegues equally, They will eff you if they can.

Edited by mishra

2 hours ago, mishra said:

Yes, If women is equal or at higher position, She will make you pay. Never even think that she may not go low to gain advantage and turn the table.

So, be wary of both sex collegues equally, They will eff you if they can.

We should distinguish between sexual harassment and other types of harassments. If anything men give more torture as a boss than women. There are many male managers who deliberately target females. I would call these guys as Male chauvinists. They don't indulge in physically harassing. But targeting them. They don't fall under this category either. This #metoo category is separate. Let us not confuse gender discrimination and other office politics with sexual harassment. 

Edited by vvvslaxman

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

We should distinguish between sexual harassment and other types of harassments. If anything men give more torture as a boss than women. There are many male managers who deliberately target females. I would call these guys as Male chauvinists. They don't indulge in physically harassing. But targeting them. They don't fall under this category either. This #metoo category is separate. Let us not confuse gender discrimination and other office politics with sexual harassment. 

For the harassment by boss that you are talking about. The ground reality is exactly opposite of what you are saying. Females get away by doing mediocre work or even no work in some cases by using women card and the male bosses that you talk about are actually far from male chauvinists. Most of them are assholes who enjoy the female attention and they make sure that male employees drag their asses day and night, extra hours, working on weekends and what not. They are tortured way more than female employees in this regards. The men gets targetted left, right and center if they miss some work or something goes wrong as compared to women. 

I hope #metoo stays relevant to real issues of sexual harassment at workplaces and not turn into affair gone wrong or relationship gone wrong. Already read few of such stories. Again, I m skeptical about all this media trials anyways, but the best thing as per me that came out of this is Fake gutter bollywood industry gets bad reputation and hopefull it gets shut down. Nobody is a saint there, neither men nor women. Everyone has their own agendas and they have been using media/social media for years to sway the mood of the nation with their fake everything.

15 minutes ago, Shunya said:

For the harassment by boss that you are talking about. The ground reality is exactly opposite of what you are saying. Females get away by doing mediocre work or even no work in some cases by using women card and the male bosses that you talk about are actually far from male chauvinists. Most of them are assholes who enjoy the female attention and they make sure that male employees drag their asses day and night, extra hours, working on weekends and what not. They are tortured way more than female employees in this regards. The men gets targetted left, right and center if they miss some work or something goes wrong as compared to women. 

I hope #metoo stays relevant to real issues of sexual harassment at workplaces and not turn into affair gone wrong or relationship gone wrong. Already read few of such stories. Again, I m skeptical about all this media trials anyways, but the best thing as per me that came out of this is Fake gutter bollywood industry gets bad reputation and hopefull it gets shut down. Nobody is a saint there, neither men nor women. Everyone has their own agendas and they have been using media/social media for years to sway the mood of the nation with their fake everything.

For one thing you don't see that many "female bosses" at work places second thing you don't see a woman grabbing crouch of man or squeezing butt of a man like men do with women. When it comes to harassing opposite sex Men win hands down by light years. It is not even a comparison. We are talking about sexual harassment. Let us not bring the whole gamut of gender conflicts into this. That is just a distraction.  Coming up with philosophical take on an obvious issues is a sign of refusing to accept the reality. May be you have not bumped into many cowardly actions against women by men. I have seen unspeakable things.  Especially the educated ones are really slimy. A desi guy gropes a woman on an airplane while sitting next to his wife.  Accept men are way way sicker when it comes to sexual harassment. 

https://www.newsweek.com/prabhu-ramamoorthy-faces-life-prison-sexually-assaulting-sleeping-spirit-1081134

24 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

For one thing you don't see that many "female bosses" at work places second thing you don't see a woman grabbing crouch of man or squeezing butt of a man like men do with women. When it comes to harassing opposite sex Men win hands down by light years. It is not even a comparison. We are talking about sexual harassment. Let us not bring the whole gamut of gender conflicts into this. That is just a distraction.  Coming up with philosophical take on an obvious issues is a sign of refusing to accept the reality. May be you have not bumped into many cowardly actions against women by men. I have seen unspeakable things.  Especially the educated ones are really slimy. A desi guy gropes a woman on an airplane while sitting next to his wife.  Accept men are way way sicker when it comes to sexual harassment. 

https://www.newsweek.com/prabhu-ramamoorthy-faces-life-prison-sexually-assaulting-sleeping-spirit-1081134

I was talking about only general harrasment by bosses in the earlier post, not the sexual harrasment part. In general harrasment males are treated like **** compared to females, especially by bosses. Again, that is not #metoo, so yeah it was offtopic. 

Also, nobody is in denial that sexual crimes against women are far worse in India. Punish everyone of those once something is proven. I say kill the rapists on street and let mob lynch him as much as they wish until all their bhadaas comes out. But Sorry cannot bypass the law and call people rapist based on media trials. More than 50% accusations of #metoo are anonymous, how to even track those I cannot imagine. Even if we all are frustrated with all sexual crimes against women in our country, we cannot let emotions take over based on media or social media judgements. For justice, we need to create better environment and functioning law and order, media trials are just anarchy. It infacts dilutes the law and system and creates more victims. Hence, I am wary of it. And this is not about men or women, just overall justice. 

16 minutes ago, Shunya said:

I was talking about only general harrasment by bosses in the earlier post, not the sexual harrasment part. In general harrasment males are treated like **** compared to females, especially by bosses. Again, that is not #metoo, so yeah it was offtopic. 

Also, nobody is in denial that sexual crimes against women are far worse in India. Punish everyone of those once something is proven. I say kill the rapists on street and let mob lynch him as much as they wish until all their bhadaas comes out. But Sorry cannot bypass the law and call people rapist based on media trials. More than 50% accusations of #metoo are anonymous, how to even track those I cannot imagine. Even if we all are frustrated with all sexual crimes against women in our country, we cannot let emotions take over based on media or social media judgements. For justice, we need to create better environment and functioning law and order, media trials are just anarchy. It infacts dilutes the law and system and creates more victims. Hence, I am wary of it. And this is not about men or women, just overall justice. 

You think all these accussed will go to jail NO. But a movement like this will help expose these guys so that women can be careful with them and they will be careful with women. It sends a message to other perpetrators. Law and order is there even in advanced country. Yet harassment continues to happen. You cannot completely stop it. But as a first and foremost step just let them report without having a fear of any threats or insults. Worry about checking the veracity later. We cannot assume everyone who accuses a man has some ulterior motive. That mentality must change first. Then only it will help them come forward without fear. It will potentially save 100s of women in the future. 

Edited by vvvslaxman

Sad to see what women have to endure .... we need a culture change

many times, here too I see terms such as ‘rape’, “gangbanged’ used casually (and normally) to describe cricket performances. We have to be serious and sensitive about such issues

Edited by zen

On 10/11/2018 at 2:39 PM, mishra said:

No point. The way media went after NanA's alleged inappropriate touch and keeps ignoring real serious cases of meToo makes me feel there there is some other angle.

Exactly, especially, when Nana and Vivek were targetted. Vivek is now vocal about UrbanNaxals and out there there is some engineering to discredit him and in turn RW/Modi and now with #METoo they are targetting people like MJAkbar before the elections.  A few of them libturds who are also caught which is collateral damage for the left.

This is getting ridiculous now.  Anonymous accounts are used by some feminazis to throw muck around their co-workers/competition. This is borderline crude flirting at best. I want to masturbate thinking about you,  will not amount  to rape. It could be some ex-girlfriend who wanted revenge and used this as an excuse. They should RT only those who tell them personally . Anybody can say anything about anybody and you can cry hoarse about #MeToo!

Edited by coffee_rules

32 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

This is getting ridiculous now.  Anonymous accounts are used by some feminazis to throw muck around their co-workers/competition. This is borderline crude flirting at best. I want to masturbate thinking about you,  will not amount  to rape. It could be some ex-girlfriend who wanted revenge and used this as an excuse. They should RT only those who tell them personally . Anybody can say anything about anybody and you can cry hoarse about #MeToo!

I agree there is a chance this could be misused. Celebrities cannot retweet every goddamn post. This could very well be a guy making up a story. Someone who had beef with Karthik?