Bhuvneshwar Kumar admits the tour of Australia is going to be tough

8 hours ago, Switchblade said:

I believe he was injured during the Sydney test he played also Dhawal Kulkarni was his backup during the WC in 2015 lets see what he does this time around.He can bowl at 140’s so don’t see him as a trundler.

he had come back after injury, was not injured.

15 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

During the Sydney test he looked unfit and during the WC he had an ankle injury due to which Kulkarni was a standby option.

it was the same ankle injury that kept him out of first 3 tests but then was brought back for last test in Sydney.

17 hours ago, nevada said:

But Uncle Shastri says, don't let the series score fool you. The boys were in a  very good space, played with intent, expressed themselves very well, competed hard. They deserve full credit for the way they played. 

Per Shastri, we won even before the series starts as boys are giving 100% in training which no Ind team did before :lol:

Only people with enough knowledge about cricket will know that he is useless bowler to have in test team. Yes he can do well in favorable conditions but then rest him when pitch is flat? and tell some other guy to work hard on dead highway pitch? Let this guy make good stats for him in tests? Just drop him and play Siraj or new youngsters who can do way way better than this overrated trundler in all conditions. Idk how in world such avg player have fans and that too on forums!! Seriously we are too much lagging behind the world for this particular reason.

This Bhuvi should retire asap from test cricket. Can't buy wicket on flat track while Abbas from Pakistan who is bit slower than him can pick easy fifer in such hot and non helpful pitches. Bhuvi is doing nothing than blocking spot of some youngster like siraj or other pacers. In tests still okay if he has to play in favorable conditions but this guy after having such pathetic performance in Odis and few idiotic fans tell that he should be part of all time xi. This guy along with pandya will loose us worldcup next year for sure! 

10 hours ago, Nikola said:

This Bhuvi should retire asap from test cricket. Can't buy wicket on flat track while Abbas from Pakistan who is bit slower than him can pick easy fifer in such hot and non helpful pitches. Bhuvi is doing nothing than blocking spot of some youngster like siraj or other pacers. In tests still okay if he has to play in favorable conditions but this guy after having such pathetic performance in Odis and few idiotic fans tell that he should be part of all time xi. This guy along with pandya will loose us worldcup next year for sure! 

You are too harsh on buvi, all that criticism is fair on pre 2015 bhuvi, post 2015 he has really improved, he has developed good death bowling skills yorker n a slower ball, pace too has increased drastically, not a trundler my any means just recently he was clocked 146kph in IPL, he is someone who attributes control to the attack, he has good ER in Odis, in Odis you can also win by  containing the opposition too.

17 minutes ago, speedheat said:

You are too harsh on buvi, all that criticism is fair on pre 2015 bhuvi, post 2015 he has really improved, he has developed good death bowling skills yorker n a slower ball, pace too has increased drastically, not a trundler my any means just recently he was clocked 146kph in IPL, he is someone who attributes control to the attack, he has good ER in Odis, in Odis you can also win by  containing the opposition too.

lol. 

L7f7cnV.png

This is stats of your premier fast bowler since 2015. Yes improved with strike rate, Economy as you can clearly see. If you remove his wickets against minnows he can even beat bradman. Sorry to say but people like you are reason we still have trundlers in indian team. And please never *ing compare his ipl bullshit with international performance.

Edited by Nikola
4 minutes ago, Nikola said:

lol. 

L7f7cnV.png

This is stats of your premier fast bowler since 2015. Yes improved with strike rate, Economy as you can clearly see. If you remove his wickets against minnows he can even beat bradman. Sorry to say but people like you are reason we still have trundlers in indian team. And please never *ing compare his ipl bullshit with international performance.

Boss, give me one Indian fast bowler who averaged 26 after 21 test matches. He's not great in ODIs yet he's not been too bad with that economy and strike rate. IMO, he should focus on tests. In ODIs he can be rotated with others like Khaleel.

3 minutes ago, The Dark Horse said:

Boss, give me one Indian fast bowler who averaged 26 after 21 test matches. He's not great in ODIs yet he's not been too bad with that economy and strike rate. IMO, he should focus on tests. In ODIs he can be rotated with others like Khaleel.

Play any swing bowler on just green top and he will give you same stats in tests or even better & then rest him for flat highways and play umesh. In that way jadeja and ashwin are better than Warne and Murali right? Play any fine batsman on flat tracks daily and he will avg 60+ in test cricket easily. Your post doesn't even make sense.

Edited by Nikola
9 minutes ago, Nikola said:

lol. 

L7f7cnV.png

I have never said he has improved his stats post 2015 however he is much improved bowler skill wise, he has bowled well in Australia and newzeald series and even in the champions trophy also don't forget he was man of the match vs Pakistan in the first match   of asia cup, Bhai cricket is a field game don't be obsessed with stats numbers etc. Moreover he is handy with the bat too. Those stats don't narrate a complete story.

14 hours ago, Nikola said:

Play any swing bowler on just green top and he will give you same stats in tests or even better & then rest him for flat highways and play umesh. In that way jadeja and ashwin are better than Warne and Murali right? Play any fine batsman on flat tracks daily and he will avg 60+ in test cricket easily. Your post doesn't even make sense.

Didn't know India always had green tops. He played more than half of his matches here and averages about the same, inspite of spinners' dominance.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/zones/insights?insights=player&player_id=54282&format=test&stats=bowling

Give me a break. You're talking as if we have Marshall and McGrath in our team and playing Bhuvi instead of them.

6 hours ago, The Dark Horse said:

Didn't know India always had green tops. He played more than half of his matches here and averages about the same, inspite of spinners' dominance.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/zones/insights?insights=player&player_id=54282&format=test&stats=bowling

Give me a break. You're talking as if we have Marshall and McGrath in our team and playing Bhuvi instead of them.

No he has played few matches on other tracks too. 

Ind vs NZ (2016 Eden gardens) 6-76

Ind vs Eng (2016 Mumbai) 1-60

Ind vs Ban (2017 Hyderabad) 1-67

Ind vs Aus (2017 Dharamsala) 2-68

Ind vs SL (2017 Eden Gardens) 8-96

Yes only bold ones were helpful and that helps to get your stats better. Don't tell me it didn't have green top cause i saw that match live. Shami & Umesh are pretty good in indian conditions. Shami plays in all conditions and still avg 23-24 in India. Umesh can get reverse in most conditions.

Edited by Nikola
45 minutes ago, Nikola said:

No he has played few matches on other tracks too. 

Ind vs NZ (2016 Eden gardens) 6-76

Ind vs Eng (2016 Mumbai) 1-60

Ind vs Ban (2017 Hyderabad) 1-67

Ind vs Aus (2017 Dharamsala) 2-68

Ind vs SL (2017 Eden Gardens) 8-96

Yes only bold ones were helpful and that helps to get your stats better. Don't tell me it didn't have green top cause i saw that match live. Shami & Umesh are pretty good in indian conditions. Shami plays in all conditions and still avg 23-24 in India. Umesh can get reverse in most conditions.

At least we know what to expect from him unlike Shami or Yadav who are hot and cold...Only Bumrah is ahead of him at the moment. England did have helpful pitches..how well did Shami or Yadav bowl? The moment Bumrah started playing, the attack looked totally different. I'm not saying Yadav is bad but he needs to be more consistent. Currently I'd play Bumrah, Bhuvi and Yadav in Australia. Shami is not doing much, sadly.

Edited by The Dark Horse
5 minutes ago, The Dark Horse said:

At least we know what to expect from him unlike Shami or Yadav who are hot and cold...Only Bumrah is ahead of him at the moment. England did have helpful pitches..how well did Shami or Yadav bowl? The moment Bumrah started playing, the attack looked totally different. I'm not saying Yadav is bad but he needs to be more consistent. Currently I'd play Bumrah, Bhuvi and Yadav in Australia. Shami is not doing much, sadly.

I hope Bhuvi plays in Aus cause i know if he plays that would end his test carrier in non helpful pitches at least. Sad that no warner and smith are playing else even his odi career would have been over.

Edited by Nikola