Khaleel Ahmed progression watch.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

he got swing because he bowled at 130.  He would not get the same swing if he bowls at 140.  I have no problem him bowling 130-132 with new ball if he is getting swing and I have seen he can suddenly increase the pace once the ball gets older like he did in Asia cup.

Have we seen him bowl 140 k in swing-aiding conditions and not swing the ball  ?

Till the time we see it,  we won't know for sure.  It was not as if he was getting banana swing ... it was more the late swing of a quick bowler.

Even Bumrah got some swing at 142 k yesterday ...  while Bhuvi hardly swung the ball at 128 k even when he pitched the ball up.

And Khaleel was bowling 125 k to 132 k and not 130 k to 132 k.   Not the same.

Edited by express bowling
56 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

if he can get that ball moving by adjusting his action and then slowly increase his pace with swing remaining intact then he will be far more dangerous than 140 without movement.

I am hopeful of this too.  This is a development phase for Khaleel ...  he is learning the tricks of the trade.

He may go in to be a seamer who combines movement with pace 

But there is no guarantee.  

There have been many pacers who never got back their pace after dropping it.  And bowling slower often becomes a habit too.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Every bowler is different.  If Starc can swing the ball at 140-145 does not mean he can swing the ball at 140 as well because to swing the ball, you need a lot of things going right for you like seam position, wrist position, your non-bowling arm position, which may not happen when he tries to bowl quick.  Starc has a different bowling action, more suitable and easier for swing. 

It has not been tested whether Khaleel can swing the ball at 140 k or not.

For that, he has to pitch the ball up in swing aiding conditions at 140 k and see what happens.  

I have seen him have a good ball release even at 140 k.

And Khaleel was bowling 133 k  in the 3rd ODI  when he was trying to hit the deck.

Not just a case of dropping pace for swing.

8 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I am hopeful of this too.  This is a development phase for Khaleel ...  he is learning the tricks of the trade.

There have been many pacers who never got back their pace after dropping it.  And bowling slower often becomes a habit too.

His only problem from the onset of his career was he was going for too much variations.It was very annoying to see him unnecessarily mixing deliveries right after bowling a delivery at high 140s..he seems to have adopted that way of bowling ,i can only hope he ups his pace

But dont think it will happen actually

If it does happen,i 'll call it miracle,his body language doesn't suggest it  either

26 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Khaleel is very young just 20.  He should be able to just and get his pace back again as he bowls more.  

20 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Khaleel is very young just 20.  He should be able to just and get his pace back again as he bowls more.  

Depends on intent and mindset.

Fast bowling is about having an aggressive mindset wanting to bowl quick.

Bumrah and Shami have it.

Steyn and Akram have / had it.  Even when they dropped pace for a spell, they wanted to intimidate batters later on 

Does Khaleel have it  ?   Not sure.

11 hours ago, express bowling said:

Depends on intent and minset.

Steyn and Akram have / had it.  Even when they dropped pace for a spell, they wanted to intimidate batters later on 

Not sure what is happening . 

May be coach wants to him to bring the ball back to be more effective , may be TM must have made their expectations known to him. . Except for yesterday 1 st spell , i have not seen him  bring it back much. Even in 2nd spell he did not do anything. 

His basic action his very hign arm which will get bounce . So he must be  changing his action , release in trying to get

swing.

Zak was yesterday poiting out some flaws which have creeped up in his action esp. non-bowling arm. 

Problem is , he is in the middle of matches and some changes being done.  He must be very nervous about getting smacked in

this phase. 

Second issue could be some niggle.

8 hours ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Zak was yesterday poiting out some flaws which have creeped up in his action esp. non-bowling arm. 

Problem is , he is in the middle of matches and some changes being done.  He must be very nervous about getting smacked in

this phase. 

Second issue could be some niggle.

Yes ...  one would assume that such changes would be made during the period between series.   It is better to have a settled bowler, comfortable with his action, in the middle of the series.

And this constant changing of action, to add weapons, have worked against many a bowler.   Pathan, Ishant and Ashwin are prominent names in this regard.

21 hours ago, express bowling said:

Depends on intent and mindset.

he did that in Asia cup where his first spell was slow but later bowled quicker with old ball.  His action is still the same as Asia cup.  Right now, what I observed is he is trying to get his inswing going which he was not able to do before having a locked wrist and good seam position.  

46 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

he did that in Asia cup where his first spell was slow but later boword quicker with old ball. 

Hssn't done it once in the 3 matches in this series.

46 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

His action is still the same as Asia cup.  Right now, what I observed is he is trying to get his inswing going which he was not able to do before having a locked wrist and good seam position.  

That is very noticable.  However, his arm rotation speed looks a bit slower.

And his back bending and final flourish had decreased a bit from SMA Trophy last season to the Asia Cup 

33 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Hssn't done it once in the 3 matches in this series.

That is very noticable.  However, his arm rotation speed looks a bit slower.

And his back bending and final flourish had decreased a bit from SMA Trophy last season to the Asia Cup 

Yes I remember his sma trophy action was bit more intense,it was evident that he was putting in more effort then but seems very concerned since he made his debut

Even though he was not bending his back too much ,he was clocking 143-145 k in Asia cup

In the beginning I thought he would replicate his sma speeds,much to do with current environment of insecurity among youngsters and also feel he was totally ignored in this years ipl by his franchise ,was played once then again dropped for the likes of kaul and others,it can hit any young kids morale

Maybe a case of getting used to the intl stage,but that is something we hope from here

11 hours ago, sandsaims said:

Watching Afridi bowl have to say Khaleel isnt even half the bowler afridi is. 

Kind of skills Shaheen has is so amazing to watch. Off cutters, slow bouncers, yorkers, pacy bouncers and the ability to move the ball - already looks like a complete package. Pakistan are getting him to bowl at the death, which will further help his improvement.

Khaleel also has great skills which someone like Zaheer took years to be good at - bring the ball back into the right handers and bowl over the wicket getting the ball to straighten. I'll not be surprised if he becomes a regular 140+ bowler in another 6 months, despite going back to bowling 132-133 recently.

9 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

122ks is a new low but this guy gets a wicket yet again. As I said trundler level pace but something about him

As was pointed by Zaheer he is not properly using his non bowling arm ,the action of a bowler is aftereffect of the non bowling arm which catapults the bowling arm

I see nothing but lethargy(deeply gutted)

Maybe the dhongi man behind the stumps,the incompetent bowling coach may have advised him to cut down on pace and concentrate on cutters,slower ones etc, I hope so

Hope that he ups his pace or in placid tracks might get devoured

Edited by Suhaan