“Leave India,” Virat Kohli Tells Fan Who Like Foreign Batsmen More Than Indian Batsmen and the tale of Sachin and his Ferrari

7 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

That comes at a cost of trying to over do the whole social media stuff, marketing, brand building, advertising etc.

Dhoni and Rohit easily are the 2 guys who have extreme haters and extreme  fans but they stay away from such platforms which can bring the trolls along with goodwill as well.

Kohli seems very active on social media, instagram, twitter, etc. This can't be the first time trolls provoked him, but he comes off looking bad for responding this time.

Sports stars should let their management/agents handle their social media in most cases

7 minutes ago, CSK Fan said:

Let me explain how the concept of gifts work. If you go to a birthday party with a gift its not an income you are making.....

Let me explain you further, only if it is below $ XYZ. If more ethically it has to be reported. Bring an apple to a teacher you are OK. Give teacher a Maruti and you are in trouble.

Edited by Khota

@Khota

You are mixing concepts here. Gifts are taxed as a part of the income irrespective of the excise duty. That being exempted has nothing to do with paying income tax on the said gift. Even the income tax calls this as gift value and not income value to be taxed. Income tax on the gift will be paid in the next financial year. The excise duty before the car can be handed over. 

Furthermore, it is also possible to ask for exemption on Gifts. But there is no news that Tendulkar applied for it.

4 hours ago, Mariyam said:

@Khota

You are mixing concepts here. Gifts are taxed as a part of the income irrespective of the excise duty. That being exempted has nothing to do with paying income tax on the said gift. Even the income tax calls this as gift value and not income value to be taxed. Income tax on the gift will be paid in the next financial year. The excise duty before the car can be handed over. 

Furthermore, it is also possible to ask for exemption on Gifts. But there is no news that Tendulkar applied for it.

He was the brand ambassador for Fiat and they were getting around the income by giving ferrari as a gift.

let us ask a simple question - why would someone give anyone a Ferrari out of goodness oof their heart. People buy a lunch or two out of goodness of their heart but anything more they expect something in return. They may find cute ways to disguise it but they still expect something in return.

On 11/26/2018 at 2:51 AM, Mariyam said:

@Khota

Lol.. 

On 11/26/2018 at 5:47 PM, Khota said:

He was the brand ambassador for Fiat and they were getting around the income by giving ferrari as a gift.

let us ask a simple question - why would someone give anyone a Ferrari out of goodness oof their heart. People buy a lunch or two out of goodness of their heart but anything more they expect something in return. They may find cute ways to disguise it but they still expect something in return.

Unless you have read FIAT's contract with Sachin Tendulkar, how can you be privy to this information?

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

Unless you have read FIAT's contract with Sachin Tendulkar, how can you be privy to this information?

Unless you know me how can you deny what I have written. This will go around and around. Sachin was a two bit tax cheat.

On 11/25/2018 at 5:54 PM, CSK Fan said:

Let me explain how the concept of gifts work. If you go to a birthday party with a gift its not an income you are making.....

you are completely wrong..once we received 5k tizen phone from samsung as gift and we paid 1500rs income tax..

20 minutes ago, CSK Fan said:

Yes and you could also try for exemption through legal channels

there is a monetary  limit  for receiving the gift ..

if sachin's CA knows to get 5 crore tax benefit by claiming that he is an actor , he should be knowing that thye cnta avoid showing it as a gift .. 

forget all these silly things MTC .. sachin is afertalll a human ( and indian ) who all tries to pay the lowest tax possible .. :p:

1 hour ago, Khota said:

Unless you know me how can you deny what I have written. This will go around and around. Sachin was a two bit tax cheat.

:confused: 

I don't know what you are trying to say here. Most of what you've stated so far is factually incorrect. And you are mixing income tax with excise duty. That Sachin got the Ferrari in lieu of pay is YOUR claim. None of this was a matter of discussion when the Delhi HC reviewed the case.

But don't let that come in the way of general name calling.

Edited by Mariyam
7 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

:confused: 

I don't know what you are trying to say here. Most of what you've stated so far is factually incorrect. And you are mixing income tax with excise duty. That Sachin got the Ferrari in lieu of pay is YOUR claim. None of this was a matter of discussion when the Delhi HC reviewed the case.

But don't let that come in the way of general name calling.

You're arguing with someone who called Sachin a gold digger because he married Anjali. Khota is a retard. And it is not an OUTLIER.

5 hours ago, CSK Fan said:

So unless people know you, someone who doesn't understand how tax exemptions work (pretty sure you claim 80c and other exemptions) we can't deny what you wrote?

You get a car and you dont want to pay taxes. Is this more complex than that?