Virat Kohli and company not favourites in Test series - Adam Gilchrist issues warning

Switchblade

34 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

People are deluded if they think Indian bowlers did well in SA and England.  They were not better than their counterparts and to win, they had to better than their counterparts which did not happen.  They just bettered their past performances.

Absolutely wrong .

When in our history away from home ,did our bowlers pick all the 20wkts of the opposition throughout the series  ?? Not even once .these bowlers have done it time and again be it saf,eng,srl. The only time we bowled poorly was in the 1st innings of saf tour ,that was also because of no practice for the bowlers who hardly knew what lengths to hit .

We lost in saf and England purely due to our batting incompetency and probably even in aus we will see the same .

And all this was done when the opssition won the toss and batted first ,hardly did ever our bowlers had a chance to bowl to the opposition batsmen with a scoreboard cushion except at headingly. 

These batsmen couldn't even chase 191 in England which should have been chased ,even Pakistan batsmen applied themselves better in England,same with windiest batsmen (heck they chased 320) 

Most important point that you forget are the dropped catches ,Indian slip fielders dtop too many catches and it's the bowlers who have to repay and toil hard .

I think rkt is emphasising too much on extreme conditions (while somewhat true) when in actual it's our incompetent batsmen who failed big time. We've seen such extreme conditions for our other teams also but there batsmen somehow do well and adjust accordingly 

34 minutes ago, Adi BB said:

I think rkt is emphasising too much on extreme conditions (while somewhat true) when in actual it's our incompetent batsmen who failed big time. We've seen such extreme conditions for our other teams also but there batsmen somehow do well and adjust accordingly 

Their batsmen also failed. There is a saying that bowlers win you test matches and they could not.  They lost the plot at the most crucial junctures of the games multiple times.

Our bowlers will get exposed on if the get flat surfaces and our spinner Ashwin will get exposed even on helpful tracks.

Our bowlers are getting kuduos for taking 20 wickets on most matches in SA and Eng but let us not forget how many times they failed to finish them off.They let tailenders go beserk.

Its only a poor romantic, who has scant knowledge of how the game is played on the field, who will romanticize that bowlers will go and take 20 wickets in 20 balls. In a test match, theres always switch in momentum. Many a times bowlers like Mcgrath and Akram have not been able to break partnerships. it takes time. And its always a team effort. Matches are played on ground, and are won by teams. Sayings and proverbs have got nothing to do with it. 

Indian bowlers have done fantastically well in the last few years. As a matter of fact, as a bowling unit they have performed best amongst all other cricketing nations ( I am talking about faster bowlers. I dont have the exact data, but if my memory serves me right, Indian faster bowlers have been the best amongst all the nation). If thats not good enough, you are either from a different planet or a plain hopeless romantic fool!

13 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

Last two tours in 2011 and 2014 where wickets were hard to come by.

All I am saying is 2011 and 2014, the bowling unit was still trying to shape up. In the last 2-3 yrs, they have come of age. Sure, Australia is not a bowling paradise, hence all cricketing nations struggle there. Even the practise match sessions and results dont mean a lot, because the bowlers are still experimenting. Wait till the match starts. I dont think the unit will fare badly. You cannot add a rookie, unless he is shoib akhtar or someone. Siraj should have been blooded earlier, during WI series. We can only work with who we have now. And I dont think the present lot is bad. Shami will surprise you. Its my word! ( If he doesnt get injured )

21 hours ago, rkt.india said:

People are deluded if they think Indian bowlers did well in SA and England.  They were not better than their counterparts and to win, they had to better than their counterparts which did not happen.  They just bettered their past performances.

Actually it was a mix of both , i feel.   Bowlers  performed far better than batsmen though the conditions too played a huge part. it was the batsmen  who let down the team fair and square.