DD to DC

beetle

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

I support Washington Capitals in NHl(ICe Hockey) league here. They won the Stanley Cup, the most coveted troohy in ICE Hockey this year finally.

Trust me Delhi fans, the name “Capitals” is way better and will grow uponnus.

We are winning very soon.

Tics bhai kya khwab dekhte ho yar ab tak nahi jetey we are just breeding ground for youngsters once they become stars they are gifted to other teams.

2 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

Tics bhai kya khwab dekhte ho yar ab tak nahi jetey we are just breeding ground for youngsters once they become stars they are gifted to other teams.

Dekhne padte hai, 2011 tak dekhte the India team ke liye bhi and tab bhi public yehi bolti thi. “20 saal ho gaye hai India na jeetegi”. Par then we won.

Ab Aisi he Dilli ke baari hai, 11 saal baad jeetenge hum finally.

Dehi Capitals. 

3 hours ago, Switchblade said:

Dumb and boring name but hopeful that Jsw are better than Gmr.

Nope he ain’t. The owner singlehandedly made the team must watch by giving youngsters and fast bowlers a shot.

They could have loaded their teams with run of the mill spinners and veterans but they regularly won hearts. 

Best owner ever.

Also Dare devils along with Knight Riders were the best 2 names. This name is sooooo lame.

2 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Nope he ain’t. The owner singlehandedly made the team must watch by giving youngsters and fast bowlers a shot.

They could have loaded their teams with run of the mill spinners and veterans but they regularly won hearts. 

Best owner ever.

Also Dare devils along with Knight Riders were the best 2 names. This name is sooooo lame.

I understand your love for the owner as certain someone loved the bald owner too :--D

Just now, Switchblade said:

I understand your love for the owner as certain someone loved the bald owner too :--D

Dilshan was a nobody but became a star and changed his game after stint with DD. 

Young ABDV became a household name after Delh stint.

And biggest discovery ever was David Warner. The other 2 were atleast around for a while.

Many such examples.

5 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

Hope Jsw takes over completely as Gmr owner destroyed the team and was happy being last.

Great. I don’t give a f about IPL. Will support the team with exciting fast bowlers and young u-19 and other domestic talent.

Victory with guys like Maxwell and some obscure Indian spinners and washed up ex internationals mean nothing

3 hours ago, ExtremeBrainfade said:

IPL team names are ridiculously bad.  The team name should say something unique about the city.  Instead we have a fkn Royal or King in every name - Super Kings, Royals, Royal Challengers (at least this represents a liquor), Kings XI ...  - simply to highlight our obsession with glorifying rich tyrants.  And WTF is a knight-rider?  Who wants to ride a knight?  Shouldn't it be horse-rider?  And the worst of all?  Indians.  Who the F are the rest of the nation?  Chinese?    

I actually liked the names Kochi Tuskers (elephants are a symbol of Kerala) and Gujarat Lions (Gir forest lions).  

Actualy Rajastan Royals is ok. With all the forts and princes it makes sense. Rcb is poor csk and mi are pathetic..atleast mi has short name...rising super giant wtf and now this delho capitals..what the * is capitals. Who comes up with these names lol ? Kochi tuskers is good.  guj lions is ok name very simplistic and their branding was poor. Worst has to be pune. Deccan chargers was a short name but no meaning..