What a classy test match pitch

Cricketics

11 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

One of the best. Gave us some

grey hair but this is what you want in Test cricket. Even stevens for bats and bowlers. It had something for everyone

Curator did brilliant

Meh, part of it had to do with two very average batting side playing and throwing their wickets away regularly. How many genuine wicket taking deliveries were there compared to wild slogs and reaching out to wide deliveries from both sides? Indian batting team from 2003 or Aussie team with Smith and Warner would have scored 450 plus

Edited by CSK Fan
7 minutes ago, CSK Fan said:

Meh, part of it had to do with two very average batting side playing and throwing their wickets away regularly. How many genuine wicket taking deliveries were there compared to wild slogs and reaching out to wide deliveries from both sides? Indian batting team from 2003 or Aussie team with Smith and Warner would have scored 450 plus

Average teams surely but there was always something for bowlers. The fact that pitch had something for bowlers all day is what I like as a bowler personally. 

Also guys we are a good all-round team. Lol when the Sena visit us war is one-sided starting from first contact of bat and ball. Even if we lost in SA and eng, we atleast put an effort. Whereas when Sena visit us, they can take moral victory if they avoid innings defeat. Aus managed to win a single test during our homeground onslaught.

Edited by Temujin Khaghan
12 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Yeah, these kinda pitches separate the hacks from test batsmen. The SA , England and now this series wickets are showing us who the hacks are.

True that - would not trust anyone in this Indian line up other than Kohli, Pujara (and maybe Rahane) to last an hour against skilled bowling on challenging conditions..

On 12/10/2018 at 12:24 AM, Under_Score said:

These close matches are the best!! close results like this keep Test cricket exciting..:two_thumbs_up:

Yes, the real beauty of the game lies in these 300-350 run pitches which tend to support all kind of bowlers.

I mean look spinners came into play along with all the seamers also. Batsmen had to work hard for runs but those who showed patience did go on to make the difference.

I wish we have more such games around the world. 

3 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Yes, the real buty of the game lies in these 300-350 run pitches which tend to support all kind of bowlers.

I mean look spinners came into play along with all the seamers also. Batsmen had to work hard for runs but those who showed patience did go on to make the difference.

I wish we have more such games around the world. 

Peak Sehwag, Dravid, SRT, VVS would have easily scored 400+ against this Aussie lineup on this very same Adelaide pitch.

Its not that the pithces are getting more bowler friendly, its just that batsmen are becoming progressively worse at constructing a test innings..

17 minutes ago, Ram said:

Peak Sehwag, Dravid, SRT, VVS would have easily scored 400+ against this Aussie lineup on this very same Adelaide pitch.

Its not that the pithces are getting more bowler friendly, its just that batsmen are becoming progressively worse at constructing a test innings..

I am not too sure about that Ram. I remember seeing many Indian line ups at their peak struggle in Australia. Not all of them came to the party together every time. Sometimes it was Dravid or sometimes it was Tendulkar but never the whole line up together consistently. Yes there were odd performances where we would rack big numbers but then it wasn’t consistent. 

This Aussie attack is as good as any attack on this pitch. Hazlewood might not be Mcgrath yet but he is quality and as effective as Mcgrath. Starc you can compare with Lee who has been on and off for Australia and Cummins plays the role of Gilespie. 

Al in all, this Australian bowlers are as good together, only difference is that the past cricketers performed well together andwere bigger names. 

I am not too sure if our plauers at peak would habe racked up 450 plus every time on this same track as mentioned above. 

40 minutes ago, Ram said:

The technique has been compromised as well along with patience and temperament to build a long test innings.