What would India have been like today if all Muslims had left for Pakistan in 1947

SecondSlip

32 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

By 'desert cult followers', I take it you mean Muslims.

Why is it an either or? The CA could have offered namaz and then come and worked again. What is wrong with that? Many people time their work accordingly. 

You make it sound as if the CA never got back after his prayers.

I suspect you were playing a multiplayer computer game and the CA was on your team and he ditched you at a crucial juncture, and prayed instead.

I agree with you regarding the point you make. On few occasions I had received complaints that some staff from minority was going out of premises to offer prayers. Having seen nothing wrong in someone offering prayers in his lunch break , provided he does not extends the lunch break times, I did not take the. Complaint and rejected it on the face of the complainant. This though is one issue which many have a problem with. Once when I had recruited a minority staff, I was suggested it is better to reject because of the same issue of lunch break. Went ahead with recruiting the candidate whom I had shortlisted in interview. Personally I had at least 15 staff from minority reporting to me directly or indirectly but I could not understand why there was fuss about the prayers part. As long as they did not extend the lunch time and did not do any wrong things in break it was fine imo.

1 minute ago, Mariyam said:

Not even Javed Habib? 

Even him joining the BJP won't change your stance?

:(( 

That was tongue in cheek. I would go to any barber who does it for <Rs 50. Beyond that, money waste. I don't think Habib falls within that budget. Anyway these days I go for army cut, no need of hair stylist or anything. 

@Straight Drive There are specified times for the prayers which may or may not coincide with a lunch break. Ideally the employee should take his/her lunch break during the prayer break(s). But these are highly job specific and some people may just spend extra hours in office because of the various breaks. I think we can give that much latitude to our employees.

2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

That was tongue in cheek. I would go to any barber who does it for <Rs 50. Beyond that, money waste. I don't think Habib falls within that budget. Anyway these days I go for army cut, no need of hair stylist or anything. 

That's blasphemous!! :mad:  Don't make me go all jihad on you.

Javd Habib is *not* a barber. He is a stylist. Its like calling Leonardo da Vinci a karigar who painted walls.

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

I used to get hair cuts for 10 paise sitting on roadside. There were no barber shops then during those years. Now when I pay 70 rs to get lesser quantity of hair cut it feels I am getting ripped. Gone are those good old days.

4 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

I used to get hair cuts for 10 paise sitting on roadside. There were no barber shops then during those years. Now when I pay 70 rs to get lesser quantity of hair cut it feels I am getting ripped. Gone are those good old days.

Did you time travel Ganga kinar to Darbhanga jilla in 1938 to get a haircut? :p:

Edited by Mariyam

2 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

@Straight Drive There are specified times for the prayers which may or may not coincide with a lunch break. Ideally the employee should take his/her lunch break during the prayer break(s). But these are highly job specific and some people may just spend extra hours in office because of the various breaks. I think we can give that much latitude to our employees.

The lunch time need not be kept same as prayers time. I am sure about it. Surely it is impossible to let everyone decide what time they want to take their lunch break in. The operations would collapse and it is just not feasible in many sectors.

12 hours ago, Mariyam said:

By 'desert cult followers', I take it you mean Muslims.

Why is it an either or? The CA could have offered namaz and then come and worked again. What is wrong with that? Many people time their work accordingly. 

You make it sound as if the CA never got back after his prayers.

I suspect you were playing a multiplayer computer game and the CA was on your team and he ditched you at a crucial juncture, and prayed instead.

Doing namaz when you have an urgent work was my biggest issue.  Once, I went to repair my puncture, the guy refused to do saying I am going for namaz. I was pissed as there was no other open that day.

BUMP 

May both Nehru and Gandhi rot in hell for not following a full population exchange. 

The “peaceful” people have already caused damage to the national capital (Delhi) and Silicon Valley (Bangalore) in year 2020. 

Kolkata will be their next target for the upcoming elections in West Bengal! 

5 minutes ago, SecondSlip said:

Kolkata will be their next target for the upcoming elections in West Bengal! 

I think Kolkata will be the last city to burn because most of our terror cells, anti-socials, extremists are based there, their safe haven. They wouldn't want to attract attention. Anyway Bengal sees violence 24x365 in the interior districts, rural areas, turf wars and bombings happen daily.