Sydney Test: Rahane, Vihari and Rohit

zen

Sydney Test Options  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Drop / rest at least one of Rahane / Vihari / Rohit

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/02/2019 at 11:00 PM

3 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

Vihari is amazingly  bad against  the  short ball,literally  takes his eyes off seeing the length  with predictable  results. 

no ... Vihari has the temperament to bat at no:6 . I think he would be ok in handling short balls from that position.Also with experience he would improve in that.

My XI for Sydney test:-

Mayank

Rohit/Vihari

Pujara

Kohli

Rahane

Pant

Hardik

Ashwin

Jadeja

Ishant/Shami

Bumrah

Pitch in Sydney generally assists spinners so I'd go with 2 spinners there

if the pitch is flat and half-baked.With Hardik,Ashwin and Jadeja at 7,8 and

9 the batting line up looks decent too.It's a balanced team if both of Shami

and Ishant plays in place of Hardik the batting looks thinner.

Edited by ShebbySB

I think Vihari's bowling is deceptive. He bowls seam up deliveries as well. I would keep him. I do not expect uneven bounce at the SCG. I think uneven bounce is what hurt Vihari most of the time if you look at it. He ducked alright. But ball kept very low and took the glove off. Pretty much every single batsman had trouble judging the bounce. 

5 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

I think Vihari's bowling is deceptive. He bowls seam up deliveries as well. I would keep him. I do not expect uneven bounce at the SCG. I think uneven bounce is what hurt Vihari most of the time if you look at it. He ducked alright. But ball kept very low and took the glove off. Pretty much every single batsman had trouble judging the bounce. 

Poor timing of matches as it starts right around midnight for us, but by the highlights, seems some ballsnin air could have been caught off Vihari

Lets not talk about Dropping Rahane.

Pujara, kohli, Rahane are the batting core and they deserve security .......we cant criticize kohli for constant chopping n changing and then doing it ourselves . Rahane form has improved and at this point a kick will not help him mentally. Every one will have their good or bad phases.....finally this is the series pujara has been consistent apart from Sa 2013 tour overseas before it was rahane who really good overseas. Some will be good some days , other will be on oher days

Having all of these 3 in the line up is a challenge. They are either found out, struggling or just not good enough at the moment (have to improve) .... These 3 would have to pull up their socks, if it is an unchanged 11 (most likely an advantage to Aus)

Edited by zen
On 12/29/2018 at 4:55 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Lets not talk about Dropping Rahane.

Pujara, kohli, Rahane are the batting core and they deserve security .......we cant criticize kohli for constant chopping n changing and then doing it ourselves . Rahane form has improved and at this point a kick will not help him mentally. Every one will have their good or bad phases.....finally this is the series pujara has been consistent apart from Sa 2013 tour overseas before it was rahane who really good overseas. Some will be good some days , other will be on oher days

Rahane except his one standard innings and his pretty little starts is as always a failure.Sydney should be his last chance.This guy is mediocre.Home season starts after wc,unless he makes a big score in sydney we should move on to gill so that he is ready for next overseas leg starting late 2020-21.

After every victory abroad, we have gone on to lose the next test.  I cannot think of any where it did not happen in the last 15 years.  I am not counting SL.

I fail to understand why.  In fact it is the 1st day of the next test which goes horribly wrong.

In Perth - how on the earth did those guys score 100 for no wicket is beyond  me, which to me was the deciding factor for that test.  Of course along with the two punks we had in the ream - Vijay and Rahul.  I hope both of these idiots have been shipped back to India

That has to addressed - and addressed with authority.  

1) If you bat 1st what do we do 

2) If you bowl 1st what do we do 

Edited by BlackMamba
17 hours ago, Tendulkar1996 said:

Rahane except his one standard innings and his pretty little starts is as always a failure.Sydney should be his last chance.This guy is mediocre.Home season starts after wc,unless he makes a big score in sydney we should move on to gill so that he is ready for next overseas leg starting late 2020-21.

We should move on to Gill irrespective.  Rohit is not long term.  He should not be in the test team.

Vihari has to go fix his problems in the local games.

We have to stat looking at Gill and Iyer.  I do not like Iyer, but I do not think we have a lot of choices here.  Says a lot about our batting bench.