"Technically no one is better than Sachin Tendulkar, not even Sir Don Bradman." - @MClarke23

39 minutes ago, sandeep said:

An ambitious bloke who's been pushing a consistently pro-India line ever since he became a commentator.  He was among the few Aussies who publicly said that there is some fire to the DRS brainfade smoke. 

tries to be politically correct .. would love to have mark waugh and styris in our ipl commie box

7 hours ago, Number said:

SRT had great record against all types of bowling against every opposition in all conditions. For every other batsman you could find a bogey country. 

Thats why SRT is regarded as the best ever when it comes to pure batsmanship.

So true ,there's hardly any weakness , be it pace or spin. He's an all surface GOAT,I dont we can say that about any other player 

In all seriousness, Sachin Is the most complete modern-day cricketer that I have ever seen as far as batsmanship is concerned. However given his talent, he definitely underachieved in cricket. I do not think he was able to separate himself far enough from the other all-time greats. With his talent he should’ve had an average of 60+ with numerous instances of him taking the game away on his own. However he was my favorite batsman to watch along with Sunny.

23 minutes ago, Audiophile said:

In all seriousness, Sachin Is the most complete modern-day cricketer that I have ever seen as far as batsmanship is concerned. However given his talent, he definitely underachieved in cricket. I do not think he was able to separate himself far enough from the other all-time greats. With his talent he should’ve had an average of 60+ with numerous instances of him taking the game away on his own. However he was my favorite batsman to watch along with Sunny.

He could have avg close to 60 (like Sobers) if not more .... Other players who could have averaged 60 if they were more focused and/or circumspect are likes of Lara

On the other hand, likes of Waugh, Kallis, Sangakkara, Ponting, Dravid, Flower, etc have got the best out of their potential (relatively speaking) to be as effective for their respective teams 

Edited by zen
4 hours ago, anish2tweet said:

Bradman mostly played against England. I don't know how he would have handled our spin quartret.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

I would love to see him against Akram, Shoaib, Murali, Saqlain and the likes. Dont think Bradman would survive such an attack.

As a matter of fact, I think it wasnt the last part of his career where he underachieved ( or rather did not score as much ). He did not capitalize during the 2nd part of his career, where he was playing both as an anchor as well as the shock player for the opposition. 

The team was so weak around the first half of 90's, that he had to inhibit his natural shots and tried to stay on the crease more. If anyone sees the kind of knocks he would play in early 90's, Sachin was simply unbelievable. But slowly it dawned upon him that going all out would mean nemesis for India, coz there were hardly batsmen to support him. He never did play his natural game. Recall the knock against Pakistan in 2003 WC. That was vintage Sachin. Where he did not stop himself and went ballistic. Even in the Singer cup, he went after Mcgrath in 2000, and he treated Mcgrath like garbage. The lack of support surely affected Sachin's mindframe. Had he played his natural self, he would have destroyed Mcgrath even in Australia. 

All said and done, theres no better sight than watching the strokes of the best batsman cricket has ever seen. His straight drives, his footwork are priceless! 

If SRT was so technically better, why didn't he open in tests like Gavaskar or bat one down like Dravid. Clarke is a weasel untrusted by his own countrymen. Why should we listen to him. His commentary goes something like this

Wow, Kohli is the best batsmen ever

Wow, Pujara is all class

Wow, Bumrah is a star you beauty

Wow, Ishant is all class

Wow, Rohit is all class

Wow, Rahul is all class

The first three I can accept. But the last three LOL

Never mind that Clarke as a batsman hid behind Ponting and came in at no.5 to avoid the new ball. He should be no expert on technique. He is an attacking batsman but can be had if the ball moves a touch.