Pakistan's Skipper complain about lack of pace in their attack

1 hour ago, Hisham said:

They have some good U19 bowlers coming up.There maybe a lot of talk regarding Mavi and Nagarkotti but if you look at their U19 bowlers you would realise that they certainly are good.Saw Musa who bowled consistently over 140 and touched 147 in U19 WC.They have 3 to 4 genuine fast bowlers coming through.

Pace bowling talent is still there in Pakistan  but I feel that their system for developing good quality quick bowlers has deteriorated.

And having that system is the key.  We did not have it earlier but have it now from 2015 onwards.  So, we have started getting a bunch of quality quick bowlers.

Musa looked good to me too.  He is a short skiddy bowler who may do well on the slow and low tracks.  But is he getting sufficient FC exposure and infrastructure to develop  ?   I am not sure.  I feel Shaheen Afridi too has been introduced a bit earlier than ideal.  He is a skilful bowler who may still do well in his career,  but will he realize his true potential  ?  Not sure.  Once he settles down as a comfortable medium pacer, it is difficult to scale up later on.

Edited by express bowling

Problem with Sarfaraz is he talks lot of crap to his bowlers from behind the stumps and doesn’t even let his bowlers bowl the way they want to. 

He might have won CT but I am sure many bowlers aren’t happy playing under him as he suggests too much line change whenever there is a bad ball bowled by a Pakistani bowler.

I wish we never have such captain suggesting to change the ball every 2nd delivery. Let the bowler bowl. 

4 hours ago, Khota said:

Aussies are not that bad of a team, India is just too good.

Pakistan was never a pace factory. Those were myths generated before Internet. I have seen Pakistan legen bowl and there was no pace.

I still have a open challenge for my Pakistani brothers if they can show me one single evidence of the two W's having bowled three balls in excess of 90 mph in one over. None.

I don't think Wasim was express. More like fast medium, but waqar was fast. I have videos of 1999 of him bowling at 135-143 ks, so in early 90s he must be 140-150 ks bowler 

They lost primarily because of their batting and not the bowling. Of course, Sarfaraz doesn't want to admit that because he himself was guilty. He got a pair in the first Test. Abbas has done well for them before, probably just had a bad match. Not fair to castigate bowlers like that in a press conference when they have been winning matches for you. It is the batting that is shambolic. 

7 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Growing up i never thought ill see 2 things

• Such a **** aussie team
  • Pakistan bowler trundeling at 130k 

Karma is a bytch, they use to make fun of our bowlers, it has come to bite them behind their rear. 

1 hour ago, Insidious said:

I don't think Wasim was express. More like fast medium, but waqar was fast. I have videos of 1999 of him bowling at 135-143 ks, so in early 90s he must be 140-150 ks bowler 

Still no proof though. Pakistan pace bowling is a myth which gullible India fans follow blindly.

2 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

He doesn't know why they are slow? He is missing from practice sessions, dressing room and meetings?

He is making excuses. he knew all along what he had. This was not an overnight drop of pace.

19 minutes ago, Insidious said:

Well in those days, there were no speed guns. So no proof. But waqar of 1989-1993 look visibly quicker than waqar of 1998-2003.

I am in no way diminishing their contribution to the game as they were the greatest. At the same time they were not as fast as the urban legends have them as.