taken to the cleaners

zen

4 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

No, you are over rescting.

We need to give chance to youngsters but can’t have all new ones play every game at same time for 5 games in row. This will hurt the team and dent their confidence and one of them will get dropped for a while. This is what happens when you put all youngsters in the same line up in batting or bowling. Few fail and are forgotten so its better to get them and rotate around for their better future.

Its not like they will play every game anyway as we need to have pool of bowlers so that their body is also respected and kept healthy so that they are available for bigger games, and can be rotated like any bowler just like Bumrah is being rotated to keep healthy, talking about youngsters here. Hence its important to get a senior or two in the line up.

Once news bowlers settle down then senior like Bhuvi can be kept away permanently. 

Agree. In nfl you have a transition where a veteran quarterback guides the young upshot before he takes the starter role . The same should be for all younger players. But in cricket the veterans overstay too long or the team management does not have the guts to drop them . Pant flourished in Australia because he had seniirs batting with him. 

Bhuvi sadly is not like Zak or nehra to guide youngsters , so his place as a mentor is also questionable . We lack a leader in bowling . Shami and bumrah don't look like communicators so they can't be leaders . Maybe that's why Kohli overvalues dhoni's impact as a bowlers leader. But I think Rohit can do that role if required.

Siraj and rajpoot need chances now. Khaleel has flattered to deceive . He had to average speed of at least 138 . If he is in lower 130s I would much rather have unadkut.

Just now, raki05 said:

Inspite of having better bench strength bowlers with better sr in domestic if we are still banking on a condition dependent bowler to a sr bowler , a geriatric middle order batting to chase steep target than at best we deserve losses in final , sf of most tournaments. Even at this age where other than eng there is mediocrity all around we are happy with final and sf place, it's going to really tarnish kohli legacy as with so much of talents on bench he could have achieved what no one in Indian cricket have ever achieved.

We need to give chance to youngsters but can’t have all new ones play every game at same time for 5 games in row. This will hurt the team and dent their confidence and one of them will get dropped for a while. This is what happens when you put all youngsters in the same line up in batting or bowling. Few fail and are forgotten so its better to get them and rotate around for their better future.

Its not like they will play every game anyway as we need to have pool of bowlers so that their body is also respected and kept healthy so that they are available for bigger games, and can be rotated like any bowler just like Bumrah is being rotated to keep healthy, talking about youngsters here. Hence its important to get a senior or two in the line up.

Once news bowlers settle down then senior like Bhuvi can be kept away permanently. 

2 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Most of the time we play only 2 fast bowler and one allrounder ( pandya) and 2 spinners. And we know bhuvi is crap so why can't we try an youngster there . even in this series while shami was already there we should have gone with youngsters. Check aus they have rested all their main bowlers and playing youngsters or those who dint get chance. Biletral shall be used for trying youngsters and it should have been done lot earlier rather than playing mediocre like bhuvi, dhoni, rayadu and karthik series after series. They could have easily tried gill,shaw, saini /rajpoot in odi home series against WI, SL and all. So don't give this excuse of playing experience and training youngster especially when you know these seniors are undeserving and doesn't deserve a place in Team.

Bhuvi in Aus :nervous:

Records type bowling analysis [change type]
View career summary [change view]
Opposition team Australia remove Australia from query
Home or away away (home of opposition) remove away (home of opposition) from query
Ordered by default (ascending)
dblBakArwB.gifReturn to query menu
dblBakArwW.gifCleared query menu
Career averages
  Span Mat Inns Overs Mdns Runs Wkts BBI Ave Econ SR 4 5  
unfiltered 2012-2019 96 95 768.4 61 3850 101 5/42 38.11 5.00 45.6 2 1 Profile
filtered 2015-2019 4 4 36.5 0 221 3 2/66 73.66 6.00 73.6 0 0

Bhuvi is good in England and SA. But in Australia he can be picked off in the later stages of the innings.  Ishant has a better record in Australia in the one dayers against Australia. Ofcourse early part of his career he was good. Tall bowlers and bowlers who can swing the ball from the hand are effective. Both Praveen kumar and Irfan were able to pick wickets consistently. Infact Irfan has the highest wickets in Australia against Australia. He bowled to a gun batting unit.

I still think Bhuvi is a decent new ball bowler. Kohli should somehow ensure that Bhuvi finishes his full quota inside 35 - 40 overs. Remaining 10 overs of death can be shared between Bumrah, Shami and Kuli. IMO that Shami can be a very good death bowler due to his ability to get reverse swing and bowl pin point yorkers

Edited by DHONI_FANN

I'm a fan but he has been disappointing. Can't be 5'9" and bowl as slow as he is currently bowling. Especially in ODI's. Even if you have ridiculously good control and enough skill to get something with the white kookaburra, you need a rapid bouncer atleast to keep the batsmen honest. I don't mind anyone getting hit at the death considering that you won't find much reverse swing with the 2 new balls but then Kohli always gives him the death overs where he gets whacked more than the others.

1 hour ago, Nikhil_cric said:

I'm a fan but he has been disappointing. Can't be 5'9" and bowl as slow as he is currently bowling. Especially in ODI's. Even if you have ridiculously good control and enough skill to get something with the white kookaburra, you need a rapid bouncer atleast to keep the batsmen honest. I don't mind anyone getting hit at the death considering that you won't find much reverse swing with the 2 new balls but then Kohli always gives him the death overs where he gets whacked more than the others.

It is almost he has reached the ceiling beyond which he cannot grow as a pace bowler. He is not confident of bowling yorker at the international level. It often ends up as a full toss. I still think Ishant will be in the reckoning if Bhuvi is taking a long time to recover.

8 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

It is almost he has reached the ceiling beyond which he cannot grow as a pace bowler. He is not confident of bowling yorker at the international level. It often ends up as a full toss. I still think Ishant will be in the reckoning if Bhuvi is taking a long time to recover.

That's not a bad idea at all. Ishant has height and the way he has been bowling recently suggests that he might more effective. 

On 1/12/2019 at 11:58 AM, Number said:

I think it is clear we cant trust him in death overs but he is too valueable with the new ball. So our 3rd seamer should be someone who can ball in death with Bumrah.

I still think he is the best new ball bowler we have in the ODIs.

Can bowl with control on flat tracks and stop runs.

On helpful tracks he can get 1-2 wickets.

Expecting him to run through the top order every time is not fair.

On 1/12/2019 at 12:10 AM, Cricketics said:

Easy for someone like Shami to bowl yorkers kn will who has played full month of test cricket and is in the rhythm. But when you carry gatorade which Bhuvi did and lack match practice for a month you can’t just come and get yorkers right everytime. It takes time. Bhuvi will get better. 

I think he did decent earlier. Deah bowling needs lot of match practice which he lacks. I think he will be ready for world cup.

England are his conditons and he will do well there.

This is international cricket, the highest level. Come prepared to bowl, bowl well or go home and we'll find someone else. 

That simple really. 

9 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Bhuvi is better than Ishant in ODIs. Atleast Bhuvi bowls well with the new ball. Ishant is sh1t overall. Leaks runs gets no wickets