Ind vs NZ | 5th ODI (D/N) | Wellington | Feb 3 , 2019 @7.30 AM !!!

velu

1 minute ago, maniac said:

That is fine. Sure it was a scratchy innings. We are not discussing the aesthetics of his innings. 18/4 and mind you he came when 2 wickets fell so he played during the time when the hostile spell was going on. Survived and did the job. Last thing you expect to hate on someone.

Rayudu's done the job. Sure shot for the WC now. Just hope and pray he does well at the WC lol.

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

That is fine. Sure it was a scratchy innings. We are not discussing the aesthetics of his innings. 18/4 and mind you he came when 2 wickets fell so he played during the time when the hostile spell was going on. Survived and did the job. Last day you expect to hate on someone.

I am not hating, just pointing out the obvious.I don't Rayudu's skill set can guarantee him a spot in XI.Even today ,Shankar who came in a equally pressure situation looked more assured.

Rayudu strike rotation is still abysmal.

I hope TM looks at the context and how the runs we're scored while making the future XI.Not just numbers, which are surely deceiving in this case.

Edited by SK_IH
8 minutes ago, devla said:

Anyone who’s played any amount of serious cricket will know in that case it was Shankar’s call. Rayudu made two mistakes - first he didn’t go when Shankar called for the run. Then, he decide to run and stop listening to Shankar shouting no no no. 

Not only that, earlier Rayudu almost run out Shankar by playing to point and taking off, which was also Shankars call, since lefty running from cover would throw to strikers end. 

Rayudu continued to go look for placement through point and covers when there are easy singles to be had on mid on / mid off. Look at Shankars wagon wheel to confirm if you want. When he couldn’t pierce the field, he played a few hoicks... when there is absolutely no need to. He has been very lucky today... He should not be anywhere near this team... his CSK mate ship with Dhoni is the only reason he is still in the team.

Yes gambhir did not play any serious cricket. 

Just now, SK_IH said:

I am not hating, just pointing out the obvious.I don't Rayudu's skill set can guarantee him a spot in XI.Even today ,Shankar who came in a equally pressure situation looked more assured.

Rayudu strike rotation is still abysmal.

I hope TM looks at the context and how the runs we're scored while making the future XI.Not just numbers, which are surely deceiving in this case.

Why are you comparing him with Shankar. Sure Shankar looked classy. However Rayudu got the job done in a tricky situation.

and as far as the context goes, this was a very good knock in that same “context”.

Just now, maniac said:

Why are you comparing him with Shankar. Sure Shankar looked classy. However Rayudu got the job done in a tricky situation.

and as far as the context goes, this was a very good knock in that same “context”.

Because I think Shankar is more of a proper batsman than a finisher. He is a direct competitor of Rayudu not Pandya.