BHU-KHA the epitome of mediocrity in T20 format

vayuu1

8 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Consistency is consistency irrespective of the format.  It does not change.  you cannot change definition of consistency depending on your whims and fancy or based on your arguments.  For a bowler, consistency is hitting good length area around off stump repeatedly.  you cannot change that definition of consistency based on format to suit your argument.  

U WIN! The Nobel prize & Field medal of phaasht bowling is on the way. I'm so sorry that I wanted Vinay, Collingwood & Mbangwa bowling attack, my eyes have now been opened :((

8 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

he used to bowl good yorkers but that back injury has hampered his bowling and i had suspected that long before when he had started bowling yorkers that with his action, he is soon going to break his back by bowling yorkers.  It is not easy bowling yorkers consistently for front-on bowlers.

Yorkers at his speed and height are not that effective anyway. He has 114 wickets in 100 plus matches where as Shami has same number of wickets in 50 plus matches.

This nonsense that he is great death bowler has to stop, no bowler can restrict set batsmen under these new rules, teams need wicket taking bowlers.

14 minutes ago, maniac said:

Kha is a fringe player and will be discarded soon what is Bhu’s excuse. The knuckle bowler  has been getting a free ride with mediocre performances for a while now.

Kha is here to stay.  he is young, only 21, wont discard him so soon.  i am sure he will learn and will be back to his original pace.

9 minutes ago, Clarke said:

U WIN! The Nobel prize & Field medal of phaasht bowling is on the way. I'm so sorry that I wanted Vinay, Collingwood & Mbangwa bowling attack, my eyes have now been opened :((

i am ready to accept Colingwood and Mbangwa if they are as good as Nathan Bracken, Vaas, or McGrath in consistency.  :p: :winky:

Edited by rkt.india
5 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Yorkers at his speed and height are not that effective anyway. He has 114 wickets in 100 plus matches where as Shami has same number of wickets in 50 plus matches.

This nonsense that he is great death bowler has to stop, no bowler can restrict set batsmen under these new rules, teams need wicket taking bowlers.

yorkers are yorkers even if they are at 100 kph and targeted well.  Yorker is not a wicket taking option but a defensive option with which he was doing well before his back injury. 

3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Kha is here to stay.  he is young, only 21, wont discard him so soon.  i am sure he will learn and will be back to his original pace.

More than lack of speed, it is lack of swing which makes me wonder how this guy has made it to Indian team.He is gun barrrel straight . Zak, Irfan, RP all had the ability to bring the ball back into right handed batsman.

4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

yorkers are yorkers even if they are at 100 kph and targeted well.  Yorker is not a wicket taking option but a defensive option with which he was doing well before his back injury. 

Yorker is wicket taking option if bowled at high speed.Yorkers bowled at 75-80 kph are not effective.

Edited by putrevus
29 minutes ago, putrevus said:

More than lack of speed, it is lack of swing which makes me wonder how this guy has made it to Indian team.He is gun barrrel straight . Zak, Irfan, RP all had the ability to bring the ball back into right handed batsman.

Swing needs conditions.  here is a video swinging the ball in India against WI.  No one can swing the ball if conditions dont suit them.

https://www.hotstar.com/sports/cricket/west-indies-in-india-2018/india-vs-west-indies-m188620/match-clips/khaleels-313-leaves-wi-in-tatters/2001620516

4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

yorker is not a wicket taking option until there is reverse swing.  It is defensive option to avoid getting hit in LOIs.

Lockie Ferguson got shikhar dhawan with 151kph yorker in last match so if it's bowled at pace and is accurate it can get most batsman out.

12 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

yorker is not a wicket taking option until there is reverse swing.  It is defensive option to avoid getting hit in LOIs.

Who said that, Garner was not doing any reverse swing but with his height and pace his yorkers were deadly.You need pace for yorker. Height plus pace always works for  yorker.

Edited by putrevus
1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Aaron was a 150 bowler.

How many times Aaron actually bowled 150 or 150+ deliveries to be called as a 150 bowler? In fact Aaron's average pace is slightly lesser than yadav. The number of 145+ deliveries that yadav bowled in 2012 Ipl season was just incredible. I don't think any Indian bowler replicating that in near future.

12 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

See lockie fergunsons yorker to shikhar dhawan for e.g. there was hardly any swing, just well directed at high pace. 

He 'll get 10 wickets if he bowl same delivery 10 times.. Yorker is wicket taking g option if bowled at high pace.

Hey, we should have 220 kph bowlers who can bowl lethal bouncers, Yorkers, generate lift/bounce off length, furious outswinger, deadly inswinger, brutal off & leg cutter, deliveries that dip like baseball throws from head to toe, a huge variety of slower balls including a slow bouncer and to top it off bowl spin like muttiah warne when needed, field like jonty Jadeja & bat like Sachin Lara.

Are we done with the wish list ? Let's get some new guys with potential to play at least before we set the expectations of 150 kph yorkers. 

13 minutes ago, speedheat said:

See lockie fergunsons yorker to shikhar dhawan for e.g. there was hardly any swing, just well directed at high pace. 

He 'll get 10 wickets if he bowl same delivery 10 times.. Yorker is wicket taking g option if bowled at high pace.

Not really and no he wont get wickets 10 out of 10.  Batsmen mostly get out to yorker when it is bowled as surprise delivery.  if every ball is yorker, batsmen will be ready with low backlift to dug it out.

15 minutes ago, Insidious said:

How many times Aaron actually bowled 150 or 150+ deliveries to be called as a 150 bowler? In fact Aaron's average pace is slightly lesser than yadav. The number of 145+ deliveries that yadav bowled in 2012 Ipl season was just incredible. I don't think any Indian bowler replicating that in near future.

Aaron was the quickest bowler on average on Aus tour 2015. quicker than Johnson and Yadav.  During that time, he was consistently hitting 150 almost every game, both in tests and ODIs.  In NZ 2014 ODI series, he hit 149-150 several times.  Then against SL at home in that ODI he could only bowl 6 overs and got injured, was hitting 150-152, Asia cup that was played in BD hit 150.

5 minutes ago, Clarke said:

Hey, we should have 220 kph bowlers who can bowl lethal bouncers, Yorkers, generate lift/bounce off length, furious outswinger, deadly inswinger, brutal off & leg cutter, deliveries that dip like baseball throws from head to toe, a huge variety of slower balls including a slow bouncer and to top it off bowl spin like muttiah warne when needed, field like jonty Jadeja & bat like Sachin Lara.

Are we done with the wish list ? Let's get some new guys with potential to play at least before we set the expectations of 150 kph yorkers. 

i dont believe 150 is the benchmark.  135-145 range is a good pace if you have tools to succeed and decent consistency.  No pace will work without consistency.

2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Not really and no he wont get wickets 10 out of 10.  Batsmen mostly get out to yorker when it is bowled as surprise delivery.  if every ball is yorker, batsmen will be ready with low backlift to dug it out.

Your point was Yorker without reverse is not wicket taking, isn't it? Not whether it's used surprisingly or not.