Why doesn't the rest of the World care about Kashmir?

Stradlater

You regularly come across articles in western liberal press lambasting Israel of it's 'illegal occupation' of Palestine and violation of human rights. This despite Jewish lobby being quite strong in America and Western Europe.

But when it comes to Kashmir , India hardly faces any bad press. I mean if you go by Pakistan's accusations , shouldn't India be at the receiving end of much more heat from international media? 

Why does nobody take Pakistan's alleged claims regarding suffering of Muslims in Kashmir seriously?

Could it be because Pakistan really is a Pariah state with no standing in the international community? 

Edited by Stradlater

Kashmir was peaceful till 90s. There were no problems and nothing happens just like that. They have thrown out minorities and have been doing bad things. India also highlighted this many times. India is conscious about its image also the Indian army does try to bring youth back to society. Pakistan status in the world is known, They were a puppet and will always be puppet. Israel doesn't care about bad press they know people will support them regardless only the left in western world write against them thats a small minority.

To the west it's just another third world trouble zone, nothing to do with them.

Do Indians care about what is going on in Congo?

Israel Palestine has some relationship to the west as this is the region where Christianity started. Otherwise they probably wouldn't care about it either. A good half of Israelis are white Europeans so that might also intrigue the west.

10 hours ago, gattaca said:

Kashmir was peaceful till 90s. There were no problems and nothing happens just like that. They have thrown out minorities and have been doing bad things. India also highlighted this many times. India is conscious about its image also the Indian army does try to bring youth back to society. Pakistan status in the world is known, They were a puppet and will always be puppet. Israel doesn't care about bad press they know people will support them regardless only the left in western world write against them thats a small minority.

I have seen documentaries of US army try and rehabilitate some of the under-age suicide bombers. Usually 99% of them go back to extremism because it is at the point of no return for them.

These guys who brainwash them into radicalism are clever enough to know just at the right age where it cannot be undone. India needs to stop these attempts and just shoot the fkers and clean up. 

15 hours ago, Stradlater said:

You regularly come across articles in western liberal press lambasting Israel of it's 'illegal occupation' of Palestine and violation of human rights. This despite Jewish lobby being quite strong in America and Western Europe.

But when it comes to Kashmir , India hardly faces any bad press. I mean if you go by Pakistan's accusations , shouldn't India be at the receiving end of much more heat from international media? 

Why does nobody take Pakistan's alleged claims regarding suffering of Muslims in Kashmir seriously?

Could it be because Pakistan really is a Pariah state with no standing in the international community? 

1, Palestine was a country. Israel the occupying force

2, Kashmir the country ceded to India and India was the legal sovereign -  pak the invading force. 

Its based on legality.

In addition to what @Vilanderhas said

1) India has tried to accommodate Kashmiris in various sphere of the mainstream, giving them admission in colleges all over the country.

2) India hasn't tried to change the demography or given away parts of Kashmir a la Pakistan.

3) Indian diplomats have stuck to the task at hand irrespective of the government at the centre. There is a certain consistency and dedication to India's efforts at the UN.

In addition to what @Mariyam said above, Pakistan's involvement and training terrorists in Kashmir doesn't help their cause at all. The world would be more prepared to take Pakistan seriously if designated terrorists didn't roam around Pakistan with gay abandon. OBL being found meters away from a Pakistani military base was the last nail in the coffin AFAIC with respect to their credibility on the world stage.

6 hours ago, Vilander said:

1, Palestine was a country. Israel the occupying force

2, Kashmir the country ceded to India and India was the legal sovereign -  pak the invading force. 

Its based on legality.

Palestine was a British territory and the British gave Israel to the Jews when they left. They also offered land to the Arabs but the Arabs rejected this 'partition'.

At the end of the day I believe that people should be free to choose their own rulers. Jammu and Kashmir should have been partitioned just like Punajab and Bengal. The whole point of partition was to give the Muslim majority areas to Pakistan.

22 minutes ago, Ranvir said:

Palestine was a British territory and the British gave Israel to the Jews when they left. They also offered land to the Arabs but the Arabs rejected this 'partition'.

At the end of the day I believe that people should be free to choose their own rulers. Jammu and Kashmir should have been partitioned just like Punajab and Bengal. The whole point of partition was to give the Muslim majority areas to Pakistan.

thats the thing right.

It was partitioned, now valley wants to cede.

When the maharaja ceded and asked India to come in, Mountbaten and nehru  wanted to make sure  Shiek Abdulla was freed and he was the one that lead public opinion. When plebecite was offered then to pak , Jinna refused it multiple times.

The Gilgit and Muzzbad people did not want to cede to India and they split. 

Now in last 30 years people from Valley have become increasingly alienated. Valley should be made a union territory and must be given full autonomy only foreign policy and defence with India. Jammu and Ladhak/Kargil must be seperated and made into a separate union territory.  LOC should be made Border, but pak wont accept to this, they will want whole of JK so will create trouble. 

On palestine though - Jews have  no locus standi prior. Unlike India which is a legal soverign. 

7 hours ago, goose said:

Don't be so sure...I think the perception is already changing, at least in my limited experience here in the UK. 

Is it because of the south Asian population? I mean does the average pale white Brit care about Kashmir? I am not talking about the blue collar type but even the politically active kind.

5 hours ago, maniac said:

Is it because of the south Asian population? I mean does the average pale white Brit care about Kashmir? I am not talking about the blue collar type but even the politically active kind.

I think your average while Brit has probably has some notion of a disputed territory plus an element of sympathy for the terrorism India endures like so many Western cities. However, with the rise of India (that is the perception) as a superpower, the conflict is starting to take on a Isreael-Palestine complexion of the oppressed and oppressors. Self-determination is hard to argue with for your causal observer. Also, 'Hindu-Nationalism' is an established part of the lexicon now like it wasn't even 10 years ago.

Edited by goose

"Human Rights" is an industry. Whoever is interested in the "illegal  occupation" of land, pours money into "Human Rights" organizations and funds their rabble-rousers/ambulance chasers. 

Without money to grease their palms, the "Human Rights" types would be begging on the streets with their assortment of useless college degrees. 

Edited by Tibarn