56 of 89 balls - Hitman

SK_IH

4 minutes ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

He gets the best opportunity as an opener. While he makes the most of it, it hurts the team. Sooner or later we will realise this approach is wrong. A strong middle order with higher averages will always work better than openers with high averages, because a strong middle order allows openers to go berserk or at least play freely.

he gets the opp as opener, he makes runs....team looses to team Chu*** hai na 

We have to stop expecting flawless players

sehwag had s/r but lacked consistency 

Rohit has consistency but s/r is good 

erre u wont get everything in everyone...its about having the best of whats avl 

We dont have a strong middle order lets sought that 1st ......rohit n dhawan are least of our problems

15 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

We dont have a strong middle order lets sought that 1st ......rohit n dhawan are least of our problems

I am not saying he is bad. The way he bats is best suited for the middle order in modern day ODI cricket. I am certain he will do good if he gets aggressive as an opener. Same applies to Shikhar too. I am talking about trying to be 60-80 runs after 10 overs depending on the pitch and ok to lose 1 or 2 wickets. It is an approach I am talking about. Right now we do like 50 for 0. In the middle overs if Rohit and Dhawan can take singles, so can Dhoni, Rayudu,Pandya.

If Rohit and Dhawan are still their in the middle overs, its because they were cautious as openers and the middle order remains untested.

We will not be able to build a middle order if the top 3 keep batting always.

Don't think it was selfish. It was under confident knock, with cautious approach and also ensuring he holds one end since Kohli, Pant and Dhawan went early. Indeed all that mixture makes it worthwhile to debate whether he is just tuk-tuking and playing pathetically. Well he has had series of low scores but this wasn't a selfish knock by any means.

He has been bit out of touch, fitness hasn't been great shows class once in a while, and hence it looks a bit ordinary knock. Rest assured, don't think he is being selfish anywhere. Its a common approach taken by players who are struggling a bit and then also have pressure of decider game. 

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

Don't think it was selfish. It was under confident knock, with cautious approach and also ensuring he holds one end since Kohli, Pant and Dhawan went early. Indeed all that mixture makes it worthwhile to debate whether he is just tuk-tuking and playing pathetically. Well he has had series of low scores but this wasn't a selfish knock by any means.

He has been bit out of touch, fitness hasn't been great shows class once in a while, and hence it looks a bit ordinary knock. Rest assured, don't think he is being selfish anywhere. Its a common approach taken by players who are struggling a bit and then also have pressure of decider game. 

$5 Dunkin Donut Gift Card hai. Kahaan bhejoon?

13 hours ago, Lannister said:

If a 30+ year old player is considered your next captain, who is a complete failure in Test cricket, then there's no future to Indian Cricket. 

Next captain will most likely be a younger player who will come through soon .... Tuktuk is VC atm and therefore part of the what is good and bad about the current TM. He would lead a few games here and there if Kohli takes a break but that is about it .... also captaincy is not likely to be taken away from Kohli in the near future .... Tuktuk’s position in the team is likely to be questioned esp. if he is regressing. MI could go for a new captain too in the future

Edited by zen
35 minutes ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

I am not saying he is bad. The way he bats is best suited for the middle order in modern day ODI cricket. I am certain he will do good if he gets aggressive as an opener. Same applies to Shikhar too. I am talking about trying to be 60-80 runs after 10 overs depending on the pitch and ok to lose 1 or 2 wickets. It is an approach I am talking about. Right now we do like 50 for 0. In the middle overs if Rohit and Dhawan can take singles, so can Dhoni, Rayudu,Pandya.

If Rohit and Dhawan are still their in the middle overs, its because they were cautious as openers and the middle order remains untested.

On flat pitches, don't forget that - elsewhere on tricky surfaces our top 3 are blown away just as any other top order in the world, so why do some of us say we have the best top order atm :hmpf:

4 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

On flat pitches, don't forget that - elsewhere on tricky surfaces our top 3 are blown away just as any other top order in the world, so why do some of us say we have the best top order atm :hmpf:

Exactly .

Slow on flat pitches and unreliable on difficult ones , am surprised most people don’t see a problem in our top order . This was always an easy fix , there are dozens of quality Indian bats who can do a better job . Anyway it’s too late now 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Rohit is anything but consistent . I would have taken his slow ininnigs if he was reliable holding one end when we are under pressure . 

3 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Exactly .

Slow on flat pitches and unreliable on difficult ones , am surprised most people don’t see a problem in our top order . This was always an easy fix , there are dozens of quality Indian bats who can do a better job . Anyway it’s too late now 

They see the problem but pretend not to due to hero worshipping culture in Ind. Supporting = doing duty. Don’t forget people even build temples for “stars” in India :lol:

Edited by zen
1 minute ago, zen said:

They see the problem but pretend not to due to hero worshipping culture in Ind. Supporting = doing duty. Don’t forget people even build temples for starts in India :lol:

That’s true . Am fairly sure even if it costs us the WC , some of them will be still in denial as long as their favourite player has scored runs at a snails pace even if it’s against Bangla or SL 

1 hour ago, jusarrived said:

Rohit is anything but consistent . I would have taken his slow ininnigs if he was reliable holding one end when we are under pressure . 

please look at his last 5 yrs.....ull find all 50+ avg and some 60 n 70+ 

that is crazy consistent

1 hour ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

he was a failure in middle order, their were number of reason it didnt work in middle and wont again . 

Or vicevera our middle order doesnt allow top orde rto play with freedom

8 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

sharma avg 50+ in last 5 yrs if that guys doesnt deserve to play god knws who does

At one point, Rahane also had a healthy average. Let's get him into the fold. 

8 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Their is nowere written that u cant captain a loi side if ur 30+, dravid became captain after he was 30+

Not when that player is a liability to the team. 

3 hours ago, Lannister said:

At one point, Rahane also had a healthy average. Let's get him into the fold. 

Huge diff between one point n 5 yrs .....rahane never had s/r ....rohit has 90+

3 hours ago, Lannister said:

Not when that player is a liability to the team. 

how is he a liability .....50+ avg of 5yrs u call that liability . He is one the best openers in world....few bad series cnt take away that as most top players has had it

16 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

please look at his last 5 yrs.....ull find all 50+ avg and some 60 n 70+ 

that is crazy consistent

he was a failure in middle order, their were number of reason it didnt work in middle and wont again . 

Or vicevera our middle order doesnt allow top orde rto play with freedom

Yeah but it isn’t about him only. We have to go with what works best for the team. Our openers don’t allow middle order to gain experience. Problem of old much before Rohit became opener