BCCI likely to advertise for India coach position

diga

If India gets blown away in World Cup and fails to to make it to the knock-outs, Shastri will lose his job. Kohli's grip on BCCI will be loosened but will keep the captaincy due to TINA.

If India huffs and puffs to semi-final and get beaten by another team, Kohli's iron grip will stay intact. Shastri may get 6 months extension.

If India wins the world cup, oh my. Shastri ain't going anywhere for a long long time.

Why would anyone want to apply for this position, given how partial the last induction process was. 

I will be surprised if any big names apply this time around. Even they know that it will be just elaborate scheme to retain Shastri under the facade of fair hiring process. 

What is the point of the CAC again? First time they put their friend in charge: Kumble, the next time they listened to Kohli and put Shastri in charge. The process seems farcical. Everyone will still apply, considering what the job is, but its hardly a credible system. 

On 3/20/2019 at 9:55 AM, SK_IH said:

What advantage Ind has with sticking with Shastri as coach? I dont see any values he has brought into the side. I think Ind needs a strategist like a Hesson, would be more productive in long run. 

The boys will learn how to stand still even after guzzling pitchers of beer. This is an important life skill carrying value beyond the playing field.