Modi may not be able to change india , but he is the right person to save us from Congress/Rahul !!!

velu

I feel every north Indian should learn at least one of Telugu, Tamil, Kannada or Marathi during school as an optional language course.

This way we can soften staunch anti-hindi stance of some of south people. Increase linguistic harmony. 

Edited by Number

19 minutes ago, Number said:

I feel every north Indian should learn at least one of Telugu, Tamil, Kannada or Marathi during school as an optional language course.

This way we can soften staunch anti-hindi stance of some of south people. Increase linguistic harmony. 

See simple solution. 

@Laaloo you troll, when are you taking up the classes. Hope someone whips you up and push it down your throat. Tamil will suit you more because of your love affair with CSK. :lol:

11 minutes ago, Lannister said:

No, loser. I want you to stay true to yourself. Please, write something more against us. :lol:

If anyone planning to vote for Modi will have a change of heart. 

Huh? What do you mean staying true to myself? I had that sig for years. Some southies got offended and complained to the admins. Even the admins found it funny and wanted me to keep it but some southies threatened to leave ICF and I had to change it.

everyone has a free will. If you wanna vote for pappu and get 72000, then more power to you...

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

No, you were removed from your mod position :lol:. The moderation improved as a result and made you remove the signature :phehe:

:facepalm: the signature incident was two IPLs ago. The mods incident was a couple months ago. Are you as regarded as @Rasgulla

please don’t post less because you don’t wanna get trollvoted. 

1 hour ago, Laaloo said:

:facepalm: the signature incident was two IPLs ago. The mods incident was a couple months ago. Are you as regarded as @Rasgulla

please don’t post less because you don’t wanna get trollvoted. 

Im not posting a lot because I have a life :phehe:. You wont understand. I also stream the matches to TV. So no time to comment while watching

2 hours ago, Number said:

Do you mean Malayalam instead of Marathi?

Marathi is written in the Devanagari script and is not from the Dravidian group of families.

Apart from the 4 major South Indian languages, there are also Konkani and Tulu which have a fair number of speakers.

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

Marathi is written in the Devanagari script and is not from the Dravidian group of families.

* i am quite weak in languages .. 

devanagari script is derived from brahmi script ..

all south indian languages like tamil , mallu, ..  , sanskrit ,  prakrit ... scripts are dthe derivatives of brahmi script

4 minutes ago, velu said:

devanagari script is derived from brahmi script ..

all south indian languages like tamil , mallu, ..  , sanskrit ,  prakrit ... scripts are dthe derivatives of brahmi script

Devanagari is from Indo Aryan branch of Indo European linguistic family.

Dravidian is totally different.

Majority of India's languages can be classified into following families:

Indo Aryan 

Dravidian

Austroasiatic

Sino Tibetan

2 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Devanagari is from Indo Aryan branch of Indo European linguistic family.

Dravidian is totally different.

Majority of India's languages can be classified into following families:

Indo Aryan 

Dravidian

Austroasiatic

Sino Tibetan

classification of script family is different from the language family ..

vowles ,  consonants  and compound letters are more or less same in both tamil and hindi  

* i did study hindi till 8th , an di can read a bit as well 

"Hindi originated in Turkey & has a large percentage of Turkish words. Scientists led by Remco Bouckaert from univ of Auckland, New Zealand, traced Hindi origins to Turkey. Turkish was official language in Mughal courts."

Found this interesting piece on the web. 

Edited by Lannister

3 hours ago, Lannister said:

"Hindi originated in Turkey & has a large percentage of Turkish words. Scientists led by Remco Bouckaert from univ of Auckland, New Zealand, traced Hindi origins to Turkey. Turkish was official language in Mughal courts."

Found this interesting piece on the web. 

Persian was the official language of the Mughal courts. Urdu borrows many words from Persian. Hindi, not so much.

11 hours ago, velu said:

Clearly.

:p:

What I meant to say is that Marathi/Gujarati/Hindi/Punjabi etc are mutually intelligible languages. They are related in their root words/syntax/ grammar/ sentence structures etc. The Southern languages not so much. For instance, when my friend speaks to her parents/husband in Punjabi I tend to follow random snippets. That is simply because the language is quite similar to Hindi/Urdu.

When people speak in Tamil to each other, I do not follow anything. 

Edited by Mariyam

27 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Persian was the official language of the Mughal courts. Urdu borrows many words from Persian. Hindi, not so much.

Back then, the Persians were ruled by Turks who used Turkish dialect. Early mughals used to speak in Chagatai, which later morphed into Uzbeki. Some of the Uzbeki words can be found in Hindi. 

(Uzbek) 1.HATE (UZ) Nafrat. (Hin) नफरत -Nafrat 2  LOVE -(UZ) Muhabbat. (HIN) मोहब्बत mohabbad 3 LOVER/LOVE  (UZ) Oshiq. (HIN) आशिक़.  Ashik 
4 CITY - (UZ) Shahar.  (HIN) शहर - sheher 5. HAPPY - (UZ) Xush. (HIN) खुश -Koosh 6. WAR -(UZ) Jang. (HIN) जंग Jang

21 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Do you mean Malayalam instead of Marathi?

Apart from the 4 major South Indian languages, there are also Konkani and Tulu which have a fair number of speakers.

Very interesting point you raise Mariyamji. The only reason Northies can understand Urdu is because they write Urdu in Devnagari. Most of North Indian stuff is either Devnagari or influenced by Devnagari. Southies can atleast start writting stuff in Devnagari.

Devnagari should be made compulsory.