M.Prasidh is consistently bowling 145 kph to 150 kph in IPL 2019

Whether he is included in XI or not he has to travel with the team for all future series for a year . 

He needs to work with Arun and Bhumra, Shami,,Ishant  and pick up more skills .

- He should master leg cutters both at normal pace as well as slower leg cutters . Always seen Tall guys with long fingers bowl it very well compared to others.  Venky too  can help him. He was very good esp slower leg cutters .

- He has good in ducker but does not bowl too many. This can be a LBW/Bowled delivery mixed with out going seamers or leg cutters . Just needs to pitch it up a bit to get LBW. Can learn from Ishant .

This pitch was giving hint of movement as well as bounce . Adding above skills will save him from onslaught as with pace around 140+, the deviation will not allow batters to just aim and hit every time where pitch is very flat.

Edited by prudent_kreeda

It was a dolly that Kohli dropped. 

Oh well. Crap happens. 

Prasidh is phenomenal. Prasidh Siraj and avesh for the future? Devastating. Not that bum is even old lmao. Shami is still going strong. Bhuvi is back. Umesh is a beast. 

Tough competition guys. 

I believe prasidh is very similar to Hazelwood. 6'3 6'4. Bounce guile and speed. 

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Prasidh is phenomenal. Prasidh Siraj and avesh for the future? Devastating. Not that bum is even old lmao. Shami is still going strong. Bhuvi is back. Umesh is a beast. 

Tough competition guys. 

Our pace bowling pool should be ....

Tests .... Bumrah, Shami, Siraj, Prasidh, Ishant, Saini, Umesh, Shardul

ODIs .... Bumrah, Shami, Bhuvi, Prasidh, Shardul, Siraj

T20Is .... Bumrah, Bhuvi, Shardul, Saini, Natarajan

And develop Tyagi and Avesh with special attention.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

I believe prasidh is very similar to Hazelwood. 6'3 6'4. Bounce guile and speed. 

Prasidh is much quicker than Hazlewood and not as accurate yet.

12 hours ago, prudent_kreeda said:

He needs to work with Arun and Bhumra, Shami,,Ishant  and pick up more skills .

- He should master leg cutters both at normal pace as well as slower leg cutters . Always seen Tall guys with long fingers bowl it very well compared to others.  Venky too  can help him. He was very good esp slower leg cutters .

Having 1 type of slower ball is imperative these days. It can be the leg cutter in his case. I have seen him bowl slower leg cutters.

I hope he does not try to develop too many variations balls though ... as this can mess up the ball release of the standard deliveries of rookie pacers.

- He has good in ducker but does not bowl too many. This can be a LBW/Bowled delivery mixed with out going seamers or leg cutters . Just needs to pitch it up a bit to get LBW. Can learn from Ishant .

This pitch was giving hint of movement as well as bounce . Adding above skills will save him from onslaught as with pace around 140+, the deviation will not allow batters to just aim and hit every time where pitch is very flat.

Bowling a tad fuller can help in test matches as the ball moves more, pitches are less true and batsmen don't try to hit everything.

In white ball cricket, it is safer to bowl an off stump line and good length / back of a length, unless a pacer is trying yorkers or bouncers.

Prasidh's USP is bounce from length. He hits the splice of the bat even with good length balls.  Most of his wickets yesterday were due to this quality. And such deliveries are not easy to hit either as the ball does not find the sweet spot of the bat.

I hope he tries to go for bounce off length balls as his main weapon.

Edited by express bowling
2 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Hope Bharat Arun and the Indian TM do not turn him into a knuckle ball bowler :no:

He has the attitude of a fast bowler and looked absolutely ready for international cricket

I was pleasantly surprised to see his aggression and sledging. Fast bowlers need this attitude, whether verbally expressed or not.

I hope he works on developing a killer yorker at 145 k+. His yorker is not bad ... bowled Finch with a quick one in IPL 2020. But needs to be able to bowl it whenever he is getting hit in LOIs.

Edited by express bowling

Yeah a good debut isnt it. Easily should have ended with a Fifer if not for the Kohli drop isnt it

The problem with us fans is that, we almost expect a perfect start every time a player debuts in an International game

I thought the way he came back after the first 3 overs, speaks volumes of his mindset, which convinces me that he belongs to this stage.

Very impressed with this lad, I just hope he hangs around with the right gang who can help him keep finding a place in the Indian squads

I hate to make comparisons, but I find him a tad better than even the likes of Sajid and Saini :)

48 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I was pleasantly surprised to see his aggression and sledging. Fast bowlers need this attitude, whether verbally expressed or not.

In hope he works on developing a killer yorker at 145 k+. His yorker is not bad ... bowled Finch with a quick one in IPL 2020. But needs to be able to bowl it whenever he is getting hit in LOIs.

I love how bumrah just smiles after a brutal bouncer and doesn't even check on the player. Same as Shami. Love that aggression. 

Bumrahs subtle disdain for batsmen is fun to watch. Cheeky little smile. 

16 minutes ago, afan said:

The problem with us fans is that, we almost expect a perfect start every time a player debuts in an International game

True.

Every new player will have bad phases or bad days. It is inevitable and happens to experienced guys too.

It is very important that the TM support the long term prospects during those phases.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

I hope he works on developing a killer yorker at 145 k+. His yorker is not bad ... bowled Finch with a quick one in IPL 2020. But needs to be able to bowl it whenever he is getting hit in LOIs.

Yup. He did not flinch despite being hit, other debutants could have wilted under pressure. But Prasidh had the confidence to comeback. I do hope tha kind of attitude is encouraged. He has the pace to carry the attitude as well.

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Prasidh gets a lot of bounce which is tough to handle.

Look at the over below.

You know he is a quality player that is destined for greatness when he doesn't even wilt under pressure. Bairstow tonked him. He readjusted his length and wrecked him towards the end once he figured out the right ball to bowl. 

He is fast, tall and has steeping bounce. He is going to be a machine. 

4 hours ago, express bowling said:

Having 1 type of slower ball is imperative these days. It can be the leg cutter in his case. I have seen him bowl slower leg cutters.

I hope he does not try to develop too many variations balls though ... as this can mess up the ball release of the standard deliveries of rookie pacers.

Bowling a tad fuller can help in test matches as the ball moves more, pitches are less true and batsmen don't try to hit everything.

In white ball cricket, it is safer to bowl an off stump line and good length / back of a length, unless a pacer is trying yorkers or bouncers.

Prasidh's USP is bounce from length. He hits the splice of the bat even with good length balls.  Most of his wickets yesterday were due to this quality. And such deliveries are not easy to hit either as the ball does not find the sweet spot of the bat.

I hope he tries to go for bounce off length balls as his main weapon.

This pitch has little more bounce than a normal indian pitch and a bit of movement . 

When pitches are little less bouncy ( normal slow & low indian pitch) , he will have to bring the length a little back  to get bounce .

Its then  becomes important to have change in pace as well a surprise in ducker at stump length + a Good bouncer to avoid getting predictable .

If on such pitches if he has to stop batters driving on front foot, need to get a bit more bounce like yesterday , which needs bowling  be a bit short than normal and  batters will go back and wait to play shots square on both sides .

Hence he will have to have some variations ready as plan B .

For such a tall guy  a leg cutter would be better try than say a back of the hand slower ball or off cutter as action and ball release will not get messed up greatly. 

Would be good if gets 7-8  matches in normal indian pitches vs Top teams like ENG , AUS & WI  ASAP.

9 hours ago, prudent_kreeda said:

This pitch has little more bounce than a normal indian pitch and a bit of movement . 

When pitches are little less bouncy ( normal slow & low indian pitch) , he will have to bring the length a little back  to get bounce .

Its then  becomes important to have change in pace as well a surprise in ducker at stump length + a Good bouncer to avoid getting predictable .

If on such pitches if he has to stop batters driving on front foot, need to get a bit more bounce like yesterday , which needs bowling  be a bit short than normal and  batters will go back and wait to play shots square on both sides .

Hence he will have to have some variations ready as plan B .

For such a tall guy  a leg cutter would be better try than say a back of the hand slower ball or off cutter as action and ball release will not get messed up greatly. 

Would be good if gets 7-8  matches in normal indian pitches vs Top teams like ENG , AUS & WI  ASAP.

Having watched Prasidh in lots of FC, List A and T20s including the IPL, it is my impression that he gets bounce off length balls on most surfaces and not just bouncy ones.

My point in that post was regarding not trying to add too many weapons at once. It is better to add one type of new delivery, master it for a few months and then try another one. Otherwise rookie pacers can lose their way.

Prasidh has good enough yorkers and  bouncers which he can use when he is getting hit.